PDA

View Full Version : Assault Weapon/RKBA and such Poll

Major Miner II
05-12-2006, 1:01 PM
People here often mention all of the gun owners in California and how they don't do this and don't do that to support RKBA or the assault weapon repeals. . .whatever comes up.

How many gun owners in California do you think really don't care about the RKBA amendment or assault weapons or basically any of the other gun "battles" in the state. They are just happy with their shotgun or rifle and that's that?

NRAhighpowershooter
05-12-2006, 1:23 PM
Back when I use to hang out on the public line at Chabot, I use to hear about 'them bad A Salt weapons and that there is no need for them' from a lot of the bench crowd (mostly old geezers) quite a bit....

TKo_Productions
05-12-2006, 1:26 PM
+1

I've been out shooting my registered assault weapons, and have had folks shooting SKS's comment on why anyone would need an AR15.

:rolleyes:

PIRATE14
05-12-2006, 1:53 PM
+1

I've been out shooting my registered assault weapons, and have had folks shooting SKS's comment on why anyone would need an AR15.

:rolleyes:

I uusally say back to guys like this.....why do you choose to own/shoot a communist weapon......weapon of choice of Americas enemies........

I know you guys will flame out...........if you own a AR first than I might forgive.........

tpliquid1
05-12-2006, 2:19 PM
i care about it

Satex
05-12-2006, 2:28 PM
Nope, won't flame ya!
I am a liberal in on weapons: own and shoot whatever you want, as long as you do it safely and don't hurt anyone! I don't care if you show up at the range, and shoot with your big toe and do the rain dance while reloading a round becuase thats what you fancy.

xenophobe
05-12-2006, 3:07 PM
I voted 61-75%. I wouldn't be surprised if that number were actually higher, around the 80-85% of all California gun owners not caring about AWs.

I've worked at a gun shop for the last 6 years, and before that I had my FFL for some time. There is a hardcore group of AW fanatics, and then there is the rest of the gun buying polulation. Many of the people who don't care might own an AW or two, or might if they were able, but certainly it doesn't matter much to them.

At least from the experience I've had.

sac7000
05-12-2006, 3:26 PM
Tell ya what, I'm an old geezer, 55 something...and everytime I take my AR's out to the range they get everybody's attention and admiration, young and old alike. Everybody I come in contact with cares about our rights to shoot any firearm we choose to own. But maybe it's just the private range I shoot at, up here in the hills of deep Northern Kalifornistan where the local liberals seldom leave the safety of city limits or the creature comforts of their humvee's which never venture off main roads or they would be covered in sticky cow manure which works great for keeping paper targets stuck to plywood target stands....but I digress...