PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Free America!

HillBilly
05-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Well fellow calgunners, I have been in AZ for the past week on business (with a bit of pleasure mixed in;) ), and let me tell you it has been nice to see free Americans move about. I have been sick most of this past week with the flu, so I got in alot of daytime news and such, giving me a better grasp on day to day life here.

1. A couple days after I arrived, the sheriff forms a posse and rounds up illegals (the same sheriff who has tents in the middle of the desert for inmates, because buildings are too good for them). I just smiled when I saw that. Apparently he also hands out CCW's like candy as well.

2. The gun stores here have everything you can imagine on the wall (for some reason I saw more Keltec stuff than others). There is no pre-conceived notion that because it is black and has a pistol grip, it is in a different "class" that the S&W revolver in the case. Amazingly, civil war has not broken out, and armed assassins do not roam the streets. AR15's and Keltec pistols are just like any other firearm. Oh yeah, and I got to fondle a used Calico with 100 round mag:D

3. Ammo is a bit cheaper (found wolf .223 for 2.99/box). Guns in general seem a bit cheaper, too. Saw a NICE slightly used 686 for 425.00, and a couple of other things.

4. Yes, I have my off lister with me, and I was like a kid at christmas when I busted out the allen wrench and "unpinned" my mag after arriving at my AZ hotel. My rifle got to mate with my old beat up pre-banners for the first time! I am going to a local range tomorrow with a co-worker here, so we will see if the springs in my 30 round mags will still work.

5. As I was here, I read about the memo. I just don't get the mentality of these people. Honestly, when I return from this trip, I am going to take a long hard look at making a plan to get out. Here in AZ I could buy a nice piece of land, a big house, and be left alone. It doesn't get much better than that.

thesneakyrussian
05-12-2006, 4:15 PM
have you not left california ever? every state surrounding CA is a shall-issue and you can get almost anything you want there. i think people in the bordering states should just invade and take over. and SF residents should be sent to china or north korea.

thesneakyrussian
05-12-2006, 4:24 PM
"The Legislature realizes that gun control would not have stopped Columbine. No one should be surprised that the Legislature hasn't jumped on the gun-control bandwagon."
Colorado House Majority Leader Doug Dean, quoted in the Denver Post.

from this article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/02/16/columbine/main161459.shtml

note: the article is pretty crappy, it's just this one quote.

Charliegone
05-12-2006, 4:25 PM
Well fellow calgunners, I have been in AZ for the past week on business (with a bit of pleasure mixed in;) ), and let me tell you it has been nice to see free Americans move about. I have been sick most of this past week with the flu, so I got in alot of daytime news and such, giving me a better grasp on day to day life here.

1. A couple days after I arrived, the sheriff forms a posse and rounds up illegals (the same sheriff who has tents in the middle of the desert for inmates, because buildings are too good for them). I just smiled when I saw that. Apparently he also hands out CCW's like candy as well.

2. The gun stores here have everything you can imagine on the wall (for some reason I saw more Keltec stuff than others). There is no pre-conceived notion that because it is black and has a pistol grip, it is in a different "class" that the S&W revolver in the case. Amazingly, civil war has not broken out, and armed assassins do not roam the streets. AR15's and Keltec pistols are just like any other firearm. Oh yeah, and I got to fondle a used Calico with 100 round mag:D

3. Ammo is a bit cheaper (found wolf .223 for 2.99/box). Guns in general seem a bit cheaper, too. Saw a NICE slightly used 686 for 425.00, and a couple of other things.

4. Yes, I have my off lister with me, and I was like a kid at christmas when I busted out the allen wrench and "unpinned" my mag after arriving at my AZ hotel. My rifle got to mate with my old beat up pre-banners for the first time! I am going to a local range tomorrow with a co-worker here, so we will see if the springs in my 30 round mags will still work.

5. As I was here, I read about the memo. I just don't get the mentality of these people. Honestly, when I return from this trip, I am going to take a long hard look at making a plan to get out. Here in AZ I could buy a nice piece of land, a big house, and be left alone. It doesn't get much better than that.

Don't forget open carry, no one gives a hoot about it there if you carry...ahh yes my friend moved there as well and says he loves it.:D