PDA

View Full Version : looking for scope lr-308

rhinobox
09-02-2010, 9:46 PM
i am trying to get some info on some scopes for a lr-308 i built. i'm on a budget and saving up to get something in the 400-700 dollar range. have looked at a few different ones but i don't really know what i'm looking at as far as brand and quality for that price range. any info would help? looked at a weaver,leupold,redfield,etc......

Jpach
09-02-2010, 9:51 PM
I have a 16" LMT .308 and I recently bought a Super Sniper 3-9x FFP scope for it. Best scope for the money, especially since you get 10% off with a coupon code.

Tell us what you want to do with your rifle, and please list the specs (barrel length, stock, etc.) of your rifle. This will help us help you.

rhinobox
09-02-2010, 9:59 PM
thanks jpach!
i put together a dpms sass with a 18'' barrel, i wanted to build something to shoot long range and probably should have gotten a little longer barrel but i liked this set up and went with it....

b.faust
09-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Jpach hooked me up with the same scope. He's a wise man.

I'm running a Noveske 18", and that scope, for the price is incredible. I'm very happy with it.

Jpach
09-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Jpach hooked me up with the same scope. He's a wise man.

I'm running a Noveske 18", and that scope, for the price is incredible. I'm very happy with it.

Thanks B ;)

By the way, I bought the 6"-9" BRM Harris bipod. Received it, and a bunch of other cool goodies today.

OP, do you plan on shooting retarded tight groups on paper out at far distances or is banging human-sized steel at 600-800 yards good enough for your purposes?

If its the latter, I say go with that SS 3-9. Its awesome.

PS, post pics of your rifle!

b.faust
09-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks B ;)

By the way, I bought the 6"-9" BRM Harris bipod. Received it, and a bunch of other cool goodies today.

Nice!

All I got was Dewey cleaning stuff in the mail today. Not real exciting, but necessary. (Needed some AR-10 chamber brushes)

;)

B.