View Full Version : Yucca Valley Big 5 has a I/O Caesar AK-47

09-02-2010, 8:01 PM
Was in there picking up some shotgun ammo and saw they have one on the rack, they also have a Yugo M-59/66

09-02-2010, 8:45 PM
how are the quality on those i havnt personally seen one but from what i here there pretty crappy, i could be wrong tho

09-02-2010, 9:51 PM
I thought the I/O ak looked pretty crappy imho. Reciever appeared to be slightly twisted and pock marks from covered over rust on non reciever parts. I would definately not buy one myself.

09-03-2010, 1:56 PM
ya ill stick to building them myself, i read a few other posts and seems like there just POS

09-03-2010, 2:06 PM
I held one of these at my local Big 5 a few weeks ago when they were on sale. I was seriously considering one, but it seems a little crude even for AK standards. The receiver didn't even look properly finished (looked like bare metal, not even painted, did they skip a step?) and the internals seemed like there was more friction than there should have been. It was actually somewhat difficult to pull the charging handle back for some reason, like something wasn't properly aligned. I didn't stay to investigate though.

Its too bad because I really want to support Big 5 jumping into the EBR game, but they need a better product for sale.