PDA

View Full Version : question about sending product into CA from NV

Perro
09-02-2010, 6:49 PM
Hey Calgunners,
i hold a FFL in NV and i recently had someone buy my tripod on gunbroker that lives in CA.

i know that to send guns into CA you need to be registered with the CA DOJ, and i also remember reading something that CA DOJ has classified some accesories like rail systems as assault weapons.

can i send a tripod into CA without being registered with the CA DOJ?? dont want to get myself, or the buyer in trouble.

I figured that being behind enemy lines you guys would know best where i would find this information.

thank you

Mike

Josh3239
09-02-2010, 6:53 PM
Yes a tripod is legal.

Perro
09-02-2010, 7:58 PM
Yes a tripod is legal.

Thank you

just wanted to make sure
i have received a copy of the CFL regs, and the FFL registration

i appreciate it

Mike

tenpercentfirearms
09-02-2010, 10:08 PM
i know that to send guns into CA you need to be registered with the CA DOJ, and i also remember reading something that CA DOJ has classified some accesories like rail systems as assault weapons.

Mike this statement is something we refer to as FUD (Fear Uncertainty & Doubt). If it doesn't have a serial number on it and the ATF doesn't consider it a firearm, then it isn't a firearm. It would in no way be regulated here unless it was a silencer or a large capacity magazine.

Feel free to ask here again if you want to sell something in California. If it isn't a registered gun frame that you usually would have to ship to an FFL anywhere else, then it is probably legal for you to ship here. California law are not as bad as some people in NV make it sound.

And if a CA resident comes into your ship wanting to buy large capacity magazines, sell away! He can take them apart before legally brining them back into the state or leave them with a relative or friend in NV. Anyone who tells you the CA DOJ is going to come shut you down is full of crap. If you want, just be sure to remind the guy he can't take them back to California as a complete magazine and then your liability is over!

gunenvy
09-03-2010, 9:19 AM
that CA DOJ has classified some accesories like rail systems as assault weapons.

Not a Firearm/NFA Item/Magazine, therefore not a problem.