PDA

View Full Version : HK USP40 FS to Tactical?

komrad
09-02-2010, 2:28 PM
Hi,

I'm what they call a "noob". I am thinking about getting an HK USP40 fullsize after trying out several handguns at the range. I had narrowed it down between the HK USP40 and the PX4 and i was surprised that i preferred the USP40. i also liked the p2000 and glock23.

Anyway, My noob question is :

Is it possible to convert a USP fullsize to a tactical? same caliber and all. It can't be just a matter of switching out the barrel no?

Sicarius
09-02-2010, 2:37 PM
The frame is the same but I believe the barrel is O-ringed and threaded. The sights are taller to clear a suppressor and so is the trigger is their adjustable match I think. You are better off spending the little more and buying the tactical than trying to build one.
Kevin

Dhena81
09-02-2010, 3:05 PM
Are you in CA if you are you can't have that threaded barrel from my understanding. Someone should be able to help you though.

Dhena81
09-02-2010, 3:06 PM
the tactical isn't on the roster

komrad
09-02-2010, 3:24 PM
I should get the tactical but if it ain't on the list looks like an easy decision. Is there a reason threaded barrels are illegal in CA, apart from the associated use of suppressors?

thanks for the replies!

Quiet
09-02-2010, 5:05 PM
I should get the tactical but if it ain't on the list looks like an easy decision. Is there a reason threaded barrels are illegal in CA, apart from the associated use of suppressors?

thanks for the replies!

Threaded barrel with detachable magazines on a handgun makes it an assault weapon.

Penal Code 12276.1
(a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.

komrad
09-02-2010, 7:10 PM
Threaded barrel with detachable magazines on a handgun makes it an assault weapon.

Penal Code 12276.1
(a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.

Ahah! Thanks!

gorenut
09-02-2010, 8:12 PM
Besides, rarely will you ever use it and on top of that, you'd need to purchase an expensive thread protector just to preserve it.