PDA

View Full Version : HK45C VS USPC 45

gsrturboek
09-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Out of curiosity what are the differences of the two? If someone can go into detail and compare the differences that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

9mmepiphany
09-02-2010, 12:36 PM
the HK45 is the updated version of the USP 45.

they have corrected all the complaints, faults and weaknesses of the USP and blended it with the ergos of the P2000 to create their vision of what they believed the military was looking for in a .45 caliber handgun...with input from Larry Vickers (1911 guru and spec op innstructor) and Ken Hackathron (IDPA guru)

the two most obvious things you'll notice is the accessory rail is not a standard spec and the frame now has adjustable stock panels designed by the Nills company.

the P30/HK45 have some of the best overall ergos on the market

cineski
09-02-2010, 12:44 PM
9mm, he's talking about the HK45c. So what you said minus the grip redesign that only made it to the full size HK45.

9mmepiphany
09-02-2010, 12:46 PM
oops..good catch...I missed it

yes the grip design on the HK45c is taken from the P2000

gsrturboek
09-03-2010, 10:27 AM
the HK45 is the updated version of the USP 45.

they have corrected all the complaints, faults and weaknesses of the USP and blended it with the ergos of the P2000 to create their vision of what they believed the military was looking for in a .45 caliber handgun...with input from Larry Vickers (1911 guru and spec op innstructor) and Ken Hackathron (IDPA guru)

the two most obvious things you'll notice is the accessory rail is not a standard spec and the frame now has adjustable stock panels designed by the Nills company.

the P30/HK45 have some of the best overall ergos on the market

if you don't mind me asking, what are the faults and weaknesses of the USP in the first place? So it is basically the same gun, just an updated version?

a308garand
09-03-2010, 10:30 AM
if you don't mind me asking, what are the faults and weaknesses of the USP in the first place? So it is basically the same gun, just an updated version?

USP had a non standard rail.
The HK45 has a standard rail and adjustable backstrap.
Maybe other improvements?

CAL.BAR
09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
In addition to the VASTLY superior ergonomics, the HK45 (and probably the 45C) has a different feed ramp for the barrel that allows for greater reliability in feeding different types of ammo like hollow point, wadcutter etc. (my HK45 will flawlessly feed empty shell casing w/o hang ups.) The USP doesn't do that as well (or at all from what I have seen)

Anyone so inclined is welcomed to arrange to meet me at On Target in Laguna Niguel to try mine out.

9mmepiphany
09-03-2010, 3:38 PM
the biggest improvement is the user interface. the grip of the USP always felt like a 2x4, maybe even a 4x4, to my hand and the impressed checkering was way too sharp...Ok with gloves on, not so nice without.

being able to attach any number of lights without using an adapter is a big issue with users of weapon mounted lights. they have optimized the feeding for modern ammo profiles.

the big thing that I am glad they retained from the USP series is the O-ring on the barrel

CharAznable
09-03-2010, 5:25 PM
Since the OP asked specifically about the 45c, my understanding is that the rail is an issue. It's too short. And the way the trigger guard is angled vs the P2000 means that there isn't really any light that can fit on that "standard rail", while you *can* fit a light on the USPc 45.

If my understanding is wrong please correct me, since the rail issue is one thing that would keep me from buying one for home defense if it ever became CA legal...

gschoelles
09-03-2010, 7:43 PM
I don't get the need of a rail on a compact/ conceal weapon. I use the USP 45-c for concealed carry and did find the ergonomics a bid challenging to get used to. But the safety of the DA first shot/ Accuracy SA second shot and getting my head past preconceived notions of prejudice settled me right in.

Still looking to try a XDM45 in Cali for competition.

benbangui
09-03-2010, 8:09 PM
blackhawk xiphos fits on it.

its good if you cant have more then 1 or 2 guns. it can be your carry, and then you can throw a light on it to be your nighstand if need be.

gsrturboek
09-04-2010, 12:02 AM
thank you everyone for the inputs.

Both of these guns are california legal correct?

cause here a guy is selling his USP, but its not cali legal as he stated..

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?128633-WTS-HK-USP-45-Variant-1

any reason on this?

sorry for the noob questions guys!

Massan
09-04-2010, 1:56 AM
The USP itself is legal, seller is refering to the 12 round magazines which is not legal in CA(10 is the limit).

HK45C on the other hand is not "legal" for sale via gun stores in CA so you will have to find someone to PPT from.

benbangui
09-04-2010, 6:45 AM
thank you everyone for the inputs.

Both of these guns are california legal correct?

cause here a guy is selling his USP, but its not cali legal as he stated..

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?128633-WTS-HK-USP-45-Variant-1

any reason on this?

sorry for the noob questions guys!

like said above me the USP is "legal" (on the roster) you will have no problem getting a USP or USP compact. the HK45 and HK45c are not on roster and will be harder to get.

maybe your confusing them :)
made by same company but different guns

the USP series are all called USP or USPcompact and come in 9mm, .40, and here is where you might have confusion :) .45 (so they make a USP and USPcompact in .45acp)

now H&Ks newest pistols are called the P series to cover 9mm and .40 but the name is different to cover the .45.
P30/P2000 covers different variants of 9mm and .40

where as HK45 and HK45compact covers the large and small variants of the gun in .45

there are slight differences in grips and features when you look close at them. not like glocks/m&ps/XDs where its just large/standard/compact/subcompact all in the same platform.

keep in mind that the USP is a very large pistol. if you where interested in the HK45c initially but dont have the money to get one. i would go with the USPcompact. slight differences but the closest your gonna get to the HK45c.