PDA

View Full Version : possible trip to BLM land un Ukia?

CalNRA
05-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Hey folks:

I'm thinking about going up to Ukia BLM land for a day trip and waste a few housand rounds or so of various ammo. Problem is the gas prices makes the trip a little expensive. I have a wagon that can haul a lot of stuff and gets good milage so we can share the cost, and it seats four people comfortably. SO if anyone is up for a trip up north(I'm on the northern part of central coast area and can pick people up in San Jose area, Bay Area or on the way. Basically anyone who wants to come who lives between San Jose and where we are going. I'm thinking about going around the 20th ish but my schedule is fairly flexible after the 20th. Essentially if it happens we will be leaving very early morning(5 or so), I figure it will take 3-4 hours on averge to reach there, and my car gets about 30 to the gallon, so if the trip is 150 miles each way it will be 32-35 bucks in gas and not that much between 3-4 people, and we can shoot until it's dark, or we run out of ammo, which ever comes first.

My other idea was to head over to Panoche Hills, but it's after april 15th and I am not sure of the fire-season status at this time of the year. But if it's open I'll be pretty close to me.

I just want to see interest first then decide where exactly to go. I see all this open land and it's sad that they are so far away from a lot of us.

Let me know if anyone is interested...

CalNRA

joel1316
05-12-2006, 7:44 AM
Second gate at Panoche Hills is closed.

TonyM
05-12-2006, 9:53 AM
Second gate at Panoche Hills is closed.

Yeah, Panoche was open until April 30th this year due to rain allowing them to delay the fire season.

I was out there on the 24th all by myself and had a great time. saw on the sign-in sheet a couple people were there over the previous weekend.... At least that counts the people that actually sign in and out.

joel1316
05-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I need to find a place at some National Forest while we wait until Panoche opens again.

WOLFPACK117
05-12-2006, 5:53 PM
Los Padres National Forest.

CalNRA
05-14-2006, 5:48 PM
Looks like as others have said Panoche is out of the question. I'm most likely heading up north in a week or so.