PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to buy NEW guns? Doesn't have to be in CA...

Vbp6us
09-02-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm noticing that my local gun stores have terrible prices on new guns. Any suggested online stores that sell to CA and have decent prices? I'm looking specifically for the Glock 19 with 2-3 mags, case, and lock.

Thanks

vta
09-02-2010, 10:16 AM
ive bought from budsgunshop.com for the last few years. good prices and free shipping.

i have never had a problem with them but i heard some might have.

Vbp6us
09-02-2010, 10:22 AM
ive bought from budsgunshop.com for the last few years. good prices and free shipping.

i have never had a problem with them but i heard some might have.

Why are the prices striked through? I have to join before they give me the real price or something?

sherm2954
09-02-2010, 4:52 PM
buds is good...ddsranch.com is good...
also, check around with hardware stores...my local guy will meet advertized prices...no shipping and cheaper dros....and the money stays in my community...

faterikcartman
09-02-2010, 4:55 PM
Buds

IrishPirate
09-02-2010, 4:56 PM
remember if it's not a CA store you have to worry about the lagality of the gun in the first place. plus you'll end up paying transfer fees, CA sales tax (if they don't tax you first), and probably some other rediculous fees. Not to mention most places won't sell to CA anymore because they think they are sending us a message....

jtmkinsd
09-02-2010, 5:01 PM
+1 for BUDS GUN SHOP...they almost always have the best prices...there's no guess work about what they'll ship into CA cuz they tell you up front if it's ok for CA. It's easy and free to sign up...then you log in and when you want a quote on a particular gun just click it and they'll send you an email with the quote...the quoted price is usually good for 48 hours or something like that.

Quiet
09-02-2010, 5:08 PM
When shopping online, don't forget to factor in shipping cost, transfer fees and CA "use" tax.

nn3453
09-02-2010, 5:12 PM
When shopping online, don't forget to factor in shipping cost, transfer fees and CA "use" tax.

^^

Dealers have been told during audits to charge state tax. It is no longer that lucrative to buy online. You best bet is if a dealer has paid to bring something into their inventory, make an offer. If they want to make a living, usually they will accept reasonable offers.

gorenut
09-02-2010, 5:16 PM
Buds has low prices, but you have to remember they are a high volume seller. You might not get the greatest personal customer service.

If you're in the market for Sigs and H&Ks, TopGunSupply offers sales many times. From my personal experience, they have really good customer service. They switched out mags for me to make the ones I purchased CA legal.

Corbin Dallas
09-02-2010, 5:18 PM
^^

Dealers have been told during audits to charge state tax. It is no longer that lucrative to buy online. You best bet is if a dealer has paid to bring something into their inventory, make an offer. If they want to make a living, usually they will accept reasonable offers.

This is absolutely correct.

Many dealers charge an additional $75 to receive a transfer from another FFL. And now dealers are charging CA tax on firearms bought out of state.

Best deal I know of right now for a Glock 19 is GSSF. Join the program and you get a certificate to buy 1 Glock a year at LEO pricing.

Or, become an armed guard. You get LEO pricing on many firearms including Glocks.

nn3453
09-02-2010, 5:40 PM
Best deal I know of right now for a Glock 19 is GSSF. Join the program and you get a certificate to buy 1 Glock a year at LEO pricing.

This works, although when I looked into it last, the number of dealers in California participating in the GSSF program were less than what you could count on one hand. Hopefully that will change.

dennab
09-02-2010, 6:27 PM
Buds Guns
Impact Guns (Ogden, Ut)
Your local gun show
Glockmeister for Glocks (Mesa, AZ) They honor the GSSF discount ($425)
CZ Custom Shop for CZ's (Mesa, AZ)
Cabela's for new or used (Glendale, AZ)
Your local Backpage.com website. Here in AZ, 95% of the listings in "Sports Equip" are used guns. Lots of great deals.

Half Cocked
09-02-2010, 6:38 PM
I've used galleryofguns.com with no problems.

advocatusdiaboli
09-02-2010, 7:35 PM
All of the above and I'd add GunBroker--both new and used. One can get great deals if one bids carefully and investigates a little--both new and used firearms there.

barbasol
09-02-2010, 7:39 PM
Impact Guns, Ogden Utah. Don't know about the prices but I had an orgasm when I walked in the place last month.

vNaK
09-02-2010, 8:06 PM
This works, although when I looked into it last, the number of dealers in California participating in the GSSF program were less than what you could count on one hand. Hopefully that will change.

They've updated the list. There are more dealers participating now, but you have to call GSSF or Glock to get nearby dealers participating in the program. They won't give the list via email either. A couple they mentioned to me was one in Bakersfield and one in Muiretta. When you call and ask, they will list what city is nearby you or where you are at. IIRC, they listed 4-5 cities before they mentioned the two I know of that is nearby me.

I'll add Ed's Public Safety to the list. They are a good place to purchase Glocks. And they can sign you up for GSSF on the spot, so you don't have to wait.

I'm glad this topic was brought up. I've never heard of some of these websites before and will definitely check em out for my future purchases. :thumbsup:

vta
09-02-2010, 8:11 PM
They've updated the list. There are more dealers participating now, but you have to call GSSF or Glock to get nearby dealers participating in the program. They won't give the list via email either. A couple they mentioned to me was one in Bakersfield and one in Muiretta. When you call and ask, they will list what city is nearby you or where you are at. IIRC, they listed 4-5 cities before they mentioned the two I know of that is nearby me.

I'll add Ed's Public Safety to the list. They are a good place to purchase Glocks. And they can sign you up for GSSF on the spot, so you don't have to wait.

I'm glad this topic was brought up. I've never heard of some of these websites before and will definitely check em out for my future purchases. :thumbsup:

i have wanted to do the GSSF thing for a long time. i dont know if there is one near ventura though. even though GSSF events are held at Piru Gun Range all the time.

cmth
09-02-2010, 8:15 PM
I've had good luck with Gallery of Guns (http://www.galleryofguns.com/) (Davidson's). Not always the lowest prices, but their ordering system is bulletproof. They pretty much know which guns are legal in CA, and most importantly, which handguns are on the roster. You don't have to pay any of the typical internet transfer fees that most FFLs charge, either. The price quoted on the site from each local dealer is the out-the-door price you pay. Davidson's also guarantees every gun they sell for life.

morfeeis
09-02-2010, 8:35 PM
buds is good...ddsranch.com is good...
also, check around with hardware stores...my local guy will meet advertized prices...no shipping and cheaper dros....and the money stays in my community...
i didn't have the best of luck with DD's, i bought a long gun from them a while back and not only was i missing parts when i got it but the rear sights where bent and no one ever picked up the phone when i would call. that was my first and last order with them.

But yes buds has some of the best prices Ive seen on a CA friendly site, they even have a CA safe gun list section.

plan-b
09-02-2010, 8:41 PM
The trick to Bud's is not to go to them for gun shopping. You go to them for gun buying. They're one of (if not the) highest volume dealers in the country. Make sure you've thoroughly researched what you want and know what can & can't cross the CA border. They have a DOJ-safe section on their site but often there are guns that are rostered which are not included in that section.

ebencikiv
09-02-2010, 9:30 PM
I've had good luck with Gallery of Guns (http://www.galleryofguns.com/) (Davidson's). Not always the lowest prices, but their ordering system is bulletproof. They pretty much know which guns are legal in CA, and most importantly, which handguns are on the roster. You don't have to pay any of the typical internet transfer fees that most FFLs charge, either. The price quoted on the site from each local dealer is the out-the-door price you pay. Davidson's also guarantees every gun they sell for life. I really like that, and they usually over night your purchase.

762.DEFENSE
09-02-2010, 10:13 PM
My FFL works closely with Buds Gunshop and gets me great prices. He also doesnt rape me on importation charges..probably the cheapest dros in CA $65 flat out the door including dros and tax.

Vbp6us
09-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Wow those are all really good places to shop. Thanks for all the input.

meangreen46
09-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Im gonna step up onto my soapbox for a minute and hijack this thread. All this talk about getting guns cheap out of state.....We need to support California gun stores. If we don't, they're gonna start to disappear. I realize the overall idea is to get the best deal, but in the end, you'll end up paying close to .....if not the same after you pay the dealer fees and CA tax. Even if you pay $40-50 more to have your local shop order the gun, at least the money stays in your hometown and goes to keeping that gunstore open for future PPTs, ammo, accessories and guns.

It's like the old school car parts and hardware stores. Yes, they were a tad more expensive, but the guys that worked there were walking encyclopedias and could answer just about any question you had. Nowadays, you go to home depot or Pep Boys and would be lucky to get somebody who actually knew what they were talking about. Those little guys are gone and it's because everybody wanted a better deal.

Just something to think about.

Okay....you can have your thread back...lol. Thanks. (stepping off soap box)

tbhracing
09-02-2010, 11:40 PM
remember if it's not a CA store you have to worry about the lagality of the gun in the first place. plus you'll end up paying transfer fees, CA sales tax (if they don't tax you first), and probably some other rediculous fees. Not to mention most places won't sell to CA anymore because they think they are sending us a message....

This. I bought a Sig online out of state and the transfer fees killed the good deal.

Just buy a firearm locally, suck it up, go out and shoot, enjoy and repeat.

JanG
09-02-2010, 11:44 PM
the only time i bought from budsgunshop (and it was an easy transaction) was my first pistol, and when i got my springy gi, when none of my local shops had one. on both deals i saved around $50 after fees.