View Full Version : Moving to California?

09-02-2010, 8:31 AM
I have an Springfield Armory XDM .40 S&W and M4 also .50 Cal Barrett. What do I have to do to register firearms in California or do I?

09-02-2010, 8:42 AM
Can't bring anything in 50 BMG.

If the M4 is built on an "off list lower" (OLL), it need to be configured to make it CA legal (usually by adding a magazine lock like the bullet button).

The XDM is fine, keep your high caps in the other state, you can't bring mags > 10 rounds into California. You will need to file a NEW RESIDENT HANDGUN OWNERSHIP REPORT form FD 4010A along with a processing fee ($19 if I remember correctly) with the DOJ for the XDM. No registration necessary for long guns.

09-02-2010, 9:03 AM
Thanks for the info.

09-02-2010, 9:14 AM
you can bring the XDM mags but you need to disassemble them before you enter. do not reassemble them as they are. permenantly modify them into 10 rounders and you are good to go.

09-02-2010, 9:19 AM
"Moving to California"

Whaaaaat? Why?

Wanna buy a house? Where you coming from? I'll trade ya (plus the Barrett)