PDA

View Full Version : Highway Robbery!!!

stevie
05-11-2006, 7:35 PM
Well sort of: If this link still works....

http://www.turners.com/shop/gundetail.php?id=1032

I'll get it in a month plus 11 days or so. Now gotta figure out what to sell to pay for it.

superhondaz50
05-11-2006, 8:05 PM
lucky B*stard :D

Pthfndr
05-11-2006, 8:23 PM
That's really not a bad price if it's in good condition and shootable. Prices on them are going up. They're becoming a hot item.

jdberger
05-11-2006, 8:46 PM
It ain't robbery. It's capitalism. Don't like the price, don't pay it.

There is a store here that has a Smith & Wesson 25 that I want BAD. It's on consignment. The guy wants way too much for it. So I pass.

Maybe I find one for less, maybe I never do. But it is my choice. That's the beauty of capitalism.

How much profit is too much profit? I guess that depends on whether you are selling or buying....:)

stevie
05-12-2006, 3:36 AM
Actually, that was a sarcastic plug at myself for getting the rifle at what i consider a very good price.

pogo
05-12-2006, 5:06 AM
Good deal, I would've bought it too, looking forward to pics. The last one I saw was at Pony Express years back, it was sporterized and they still wanted a bundle for it.

stevie
05-12-2006, 5:13 AM
Pogo

Your close, may even let you play with it. :p

USP4me
05-12-2006, 11:19 AM
There is a store here that has a Smith & Wesson 25 that I want BAD. It's on consignment. The guy wants way too much for it. So I pass.

How much is the price and where is the store? I'm looking for a 6" Model 25-2

jdberger
05-12-2006, 8:23 PM
Kerley's.
Price is over $1000.

Gun is a beaut, though. Almost mint. Might even come with a presentation case. I don't know the dash number, though. Best of luck to ya.

pogo
05-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Pogo Your close, may even let you play with it. :p

That'd be cool, bet it'll be a long month for you, Just picked up my Nambu at the Reseda store after 41 days. Another guy was there picking up a lot of the long guns that came in with it, , Martini, Snider Enfield, Lebel, old Winchesters....

CALI-gula
05-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Congratulations! I didn't think that one would last long. I saw that the other day on their site, almost as soon as it was posted; I wanted to jump on it, however I had already agreed over a week ago to lay down cash tomorrow for a new Robinson Armament M96, from another member here on Calguns.net. It sounds like you got a great deal if Turner's correctly rated it.

Post back when you pick it up: pics if you are able. I am curious to know if it had it's original stock and finish, and any other interesting qualities about it. I really love these rifles. If you ever get around to selling it, contact me - that is not an empty request, nor would it be a waste of your time.

Here are a couple of other Johnsons (but with issues - non-original stocks, finish, etc.) that sold in that price range recently; one was here in Culver City at Rettings, and sold last week on Auction Arms!!

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7374420&aa=%20%20Johnson%201941%2030-06%20Semi%20Auto%20Rifle

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7364538&aa=%20Johnson%20Automatic%20Rifle%20%20Model%20194 1..30-06%20Caliber..Semi-Auto..Rare

stevie
05-13-2006, 3:13 AM
Wow, bubba got those two.

The one i picked up is complete, noticed the bolt was not matching but the wood is in very good shape with some dents and dings, not sure if refinished. The receiver finish is worn, like a nice M1, with a couple of slight rust spots, these should come out fine, the finish is original. There is a little ding in the magazine metal but not too bad. The forwad metal hand guard is patina. Barrel bore is a little dirty, but did not see anything that resembled pitting. Overall a nice rifle.

Reseda had some very nice rifles, i missed the opening volley of whoever sold that collection, but could not resist that Polish M44 and Hakim. I picked those up last weekend. Turners does come up with some nice pieces.

Moonclip
05-14-2006, 11:13 PM
I got a good deal on a gun too, I passed on the Nambu due to too much rust. Missed out on other stuff due to living far from Reseda and the fact that Reseda Turners likes to call their friends to tell them about the good deals before the other people can get to them, I called out their manager on this and other stuff on one trip and he snarled at me last time I visited!

Oh well, I'll let it slide for now but next time the owner as well as Bill Ortiz will be getting an ear full, Turners seriously needs a mystery shopper program, especially Reseda.

Hakim was a steal, Polish and Romanian and Hugarian M44s were somewhat high but still ok. Nylon 66 was a good deal, I was surprised it did not sell quickly as well as the nice 6 7/8" MKII Ruger that was there.

I hoped to look at the Johnson at Norwalk but I knew even at $2500 it would sell quickly. We should all get together to compare what we got and swap Turners horror stories as well as the good deals!

Stevie, what will you be selling?

stevie
05-15-2006, 3:54 AM
When i was at Reseda the last trip, the Nylon 66 had a "hold" tag on it. I noticed at Turners, many of the good firearms marked at reasonable prices will end up in the hands of friends or employeesand not even be listed. Not sure if the employee has any say in the price. When i purchased the rifles at Reseda, i was looking for a couple of the pistols, I asked about them, told me they were still for sale and should be in the case. Then when i could not find them, changed the story to must have sold them, with an odd expression on his face, Hmmmm.

So far I have picked up, Glock 20, Hakim, Polish M44 and now the Johnson. Have also traded a Turners Employee for a S&W 1006. So far got 2 10mm from the stores.

Moonclip, what are you looking for? hehe

Got a possible sale pending for a Colt Series 70 Gold Cup and Colt Series 80 Gov't.

Moonclip
05-15-2006, 10:31 PM
I noticed the hold sign also on the Nylon 66, I would have bought it earlier but I have 2 of them already from 3 others I have since sold or canibalized for parts. Stevie PM me if you want, we really should discuss the Turners situation.