PDA

View Full Version : Advice from ladies on situation

Robidouxs
09-01-2010, 6:54 PM
This past Sunday night, at my buddy’s place, I was relaxing after a long day of helping make his inoperable computer run again. Burnt out, I sit down on the couch and start playing a videogame to relax. Some time passes and my buddy’s Fiancé knocks on the door and comes in with food, as usual after her shift, but a new woman also joins us that I have never seen before, the Fiancé’s lifelong friend.

The Fiancé’s lifelong friend, Fiancé, and my buddy begin to eat. The Fiancé’s lifelong friend proceeded to offer me some of her dinner, I politely declined.
She then opens with a statement asking how many guns I have. Normally I am very guarded when I first meet someone new, but this time; I immediately responded and joked around with her a little bit on other topics. She responded positively to the jokes and things are going good. At some point, I remember asking her to clarify something she was vague about, which she then proceeds to tell me about her past and that she has a child (from this point forward I assume that the father has to be nearby).

I compliment her that I am impressed that she has turned her life around, is raising her child, and is a productive member of society. We proceed to joke around some more. Being burnt out; I decide that it is now time to go home. I bid everyone goodbye and drive home.

Upon arriving at home, my buddy sends me a text asking what I thought of the woman I just met. I responded that I would talk to him in person at work tomorrow since I was burnt out. I proceed to crash and ask him at work the next morning what was up with the text. He responds and I then see the text also in my phone, “I think she likes you”. I joke with him and tell him he is just pulling my leg. He confirms that this is not a joke. I ask him to elaborate what he means by “likes”, he indicates that he was pestered with questions from her about me as soon as I left, with her indicating that I was her type.

I then tell my buddy, “The next time you see her, pass my number to her and the message that I am single and interested in her.” I also instruct my buddy to tell her when I am free since I work some nightshift hours several days out of the week.

My buddy confirmed that he passed my number and message to the woman sometime Monday afternoon. He gave me the response “She was surprised you were interested. She thought you were going to say no.”

I am now waiting to hear a call back from her. Approximately how long should I expect to wait before she calls back?

gotgunz
09-01-2010, 6:58 PM
Really? On a gun forum?

Sajedene
09-01-2010, 7:54 PM
If you are really interested, why not get her number and call her and make something happen instead of waiting?

pieeater
09-01-2010, 8:31 PM
I'm not a chick but I wouldnt wait for her. Call her or send a text tonite. Id probably just text its easy no pressure on you and if youve caught her at a bad time she can get back to you at her conveniance. In dating never wait there is no tommorow just right now. If the door is open you better get your foot in it fast, cause it can close very quickly. lol

manuelcardenas77
09-01-2010, 8:32 PM
Gunz this is ot right? Get her number and call her.

badhabit90
09-01-2010, 8:43 PM
If you are really interested, why not get her number and call her and make something happen instead of waiting?

sorry im not a girl, but....

that would be too soon for him.....almost like overly interested and may push her away.

in my experience, if your buddy gave her your number and doesnt call within 2-3days and say "hey you up for some coffee or something??" then pay it no mind.....just be polite. sometimes it is better to gain a friend, than to gain a bad relationship that she took you for everything.

he was a gentleman and acted accordingly.

you could do this....get with your buddy and set up a double date for dinner or something like wine tasting -you get all dressed up and go out, get giggly, and see what shes really like when shes got some alcohol in her. something like that tells you alot.

good luck. you did good.:p

Sajedene
09-01-2010, 9:00 PM
sorry im not a girl, but....

that would be too soon for him.....almost like overly interested and may push her away.

in my experience, if your buddy gave her your number and doesnt call within 2-3days and say "hey you up for some coffee or something??" then pay it no mind.....just be polite. sometimes it is better to gain a friend, than to gain a bad relationship that she took you for everything.

he was a gentleman and acted accordingly.

you could do this....get with your buddy and set up a double date for dinner or something like wine tasting -you get all dressed up and go out, get giggly, and see what shes really like when shes got some alcohol in her. something like that tells you alot.

good luck. you did good.:p

See... it's exactly these games that we girls hate and don't play. The whole, "dont call too early or you'll seem eager!" while we sit there wondering "why hasn't he called me!"

If you want it to happen, make it happen now, if she gets freaked out because a guy she likes likes her back then she really didn't like you in the first place and it saves you the agony of playing this little waiting game.

Take a little initiative and stop playing that "too eager/I'll sit here and wait hoping he'd call" game.

Ever read the book He's Just Not That Into You? or seen the movie? It speaks the truth!

My take on this whole thing is - if she really likes you, she woulda called as soon as she got your number. If you really like her, you would have gotten her number when your bud brought up the fact that there was interest. But seems to me, neither of you like each other enough to make any sort of move and are willing to just wait and see who moves first. So have fun with that.

9mmepiphany
09-01-2010, 10:19 PM
My take on this whole thing is - if she really likes you, she woulda called as soon as she got your number. If you really like her, you would have gotten her number when your bud brought up the fact that there was interest. But seems to me, neither of you like each other enough to make any sort of move and are willing to just wait and see who moves first. So have fun with that.

That's my take on it too...if you are really interested in her you should call. If you are only interested in her, because she is interested in you...just let it drop.

And men complain about the games that women play. If you're not willing to risk anything, why are you even in the game?

badhabit90
09-01-2010, 11:18 PM
See... it's exactly these games that we girls hate and don't play. The whole, "dont call too early or you'll seem eager!" while we sit there wondering "why hasn't he called me!"

If you want it to happen, make it happen now, if she gets freaked out because a guy she likes likes her back then she really didn't like you in the first place and it saves you the agony of playing this little waiting game.

Take a little initiative and stop playing that "too eager/I'll sit here and wait hoping he'd call" game.

Ever read the book He's Just Not That Into You? or seen the movie? It speaks the truth!

sooo, why havent you called me??:p

8bitnintendo
09-01-2010, 11:33 PM
sooo, why havent you called me??:p
LOL I think her posts make that obvious :p

I never really understood the weird drama about contacting somebody "too soon", "too late", or whatever. If somebody calls/emails right after we met or they got my contact info, I assume they're interested and had time to contact me. If it takes them a week or two, I assume they're interested and were really busy and only just got time to contact me. If they never call/email (and I don't have their contact info)... I assume they're not interested, or their dog ate my phone number or something. If they leave like 5 voice mails or emails in a row... okay, my crazy-dar starts pinging.

It's just initiating contact folks; fretting about the right time reminds me of getting anonymous love letters in my middle school locker. Grow a pair and quit stressing about silly stuff!

shellyzsweet
09-01-2010, 11:43 PM
ehhh....If shes into you she will call and say whats up in a few days.

Heres my take on it....if you say "okay if by day 2 she doesn't call then F her" and then she calls on day 3, why wouldn't you go out with her??? or day 4? or day 5??

If I'm interested in a guy, I'll call him or keep in touch or make some effort to make sure he knows I'm around and such.

I mean REALLY, if a week goes by and she calls you in like 8 days are you gonna be that immature and play the 5th grade game of "well you didn't call in such and such days, so screw you! You lost your chance."

Lets be adults and focus on IF she calls rather than when. If shes interested she will call. If you wanna play the "how long do I wait before I blow this chick off" game, then have fun with that.

8bitnintendo
09-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Lets be adults and focus on IF she calls rather than when. If shes interested she will call. If you wanna play the "how long do I wait before I blow this chick off" game, then have fun with that.
+1

**** happens, maybe she went on a vacation in the tropics, maybe her favorite goldfish died, maybe work got crazy. If she calls, she's interested... just don't worry about it too much if it takes a while. Some of us women aren't playing you, we are just genuinely crazy busy (or terrible at time management, self included!) and it takes a couple weeks before we have time to hang out and actually be pleasant non-stressed company.

jdewolf
09-02-2010, 12:27 AM
+1

**** happens, maybe she went on a vacation in the tropics, maybe her favorite goldfish died, maybe work got crazy. If she calls, she's interested... just don't worry about it too much if it takes a while. Some of us women aren't playing you, we are just genuinely crazy busy (or terrible at time management, self included!) and it takes a couple weeks before we have time to hang out and actually be pleasant non-stressed company.

So why haven't you called me? :p

All this serious relationship advice is craziness.

If you like the chick, get her information and call or text her.

Don't play the game... Carpe diem. If you like a chick let it be known. If she rejects you move on.

8bitnintendo
09-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Because you Facebooked it with the caveat "gimme a text when you got some free time" -- I've been working long days all week :26: and class just started up! :willy_nilly: Honestly considering I've got to be into work in 6 hours I should think about going to bed soon :eek: Rest assured, I'll get around to you, sweet pea ;)

johnthomas
09-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Really? On a gun forum?

Dude!!!!!!! What about the circumcision thread, or I have gas or some of the really abstract subjects that come up?
The man is amongst friends, he feels alright about asking, why not?

jdewolf
09-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Because you Facebooked it with the caveat "gimme a text when you got some free time" -- I've been working long days all week :26: and class just started up! :willy_nilly: Honestly considering I've got to be into work in 6 hours I should think about going to bed soon :eek: Rest assured, I'll get around to you, sweet pea ;)

Mmmhmm so you can't let a girl know she's noticed, regardless of free time or not?

You're lucky I think you're cute... or I might not put up this this sort of behavior ;)

jdewolf
09-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Dude!!!!!!! What about the circumcision thread, or I have gas or some of the really abstract subjects that come up?

:thumbsup: Werd.

badhabit90
09-02-2010, 4:23 PM

I never really understood the weird drama about contacting somebody "too soon", "too late", or whatever. If somebody calls/emails right after we met or they got my contact info, I assume they're interested and had time to contact me. If it takes them a week or two, I assume they're interested and were really busy and only just got time to contact me. If they never call/email (and I don't have their contact info)... I assume they're not interested, or their dog ate my phone number or something. If they leave like 5 voice mails or emails in a row... okay, my crazy-dar starts pinging.

It's just initiating contact folks; fretting about the right time reminds me of getting anonymous love letters in my middle school locker. Grow a pair and quit stressing about silly stuff!

well played. but i guess i was just getting at, like someone just posted, its not when she calls, it is IF she calls.

your "crazy-dar" may be flickering if you called like 10 minutes later dont you think?? as if he was trying to hard. sheesh.....take it slow and see where it goes. if she calls, she calls, if not call her a couple of days later....not the same day that you give your buddy the "all clear" to give your number to her.

not a game really, just being polite and not "stalker" polite. dont call the same day, or keep leaving voicemails, facebook, myspace, email, texts, letters in the mail, smoke signals, or.........whatever. thats all i was saying/suggesting.:o

because we all know its exciting to feel young again when either you find someone that it interested in you, or you are interested in someone.....its just the nature of things. everyone is self conscious of themselves at one point or another. thats why we serenade one another. its the competition from the other Alpha males/females we become defensive over.

its all fun.....

Sajedene
09-02-2010, 8:42 PM
My point is, why wait IF she calls if the guy likes her? If she likes him the way she's implied, doing it all gradeschool going through a friend, then she wouldn't freak out if he calls her instead.

But as mentioned, maybe he is only infatuated with the fact that someone is crushing on him. So, I say don't bother.

Heck, I don't find it freaky or stalkerish to meet someone and at that moment set up a date. And here is a scenario...

*exchange #'s* ... 15 minutes later *guy calls* "Hey, I couldn't wait to call you, let's go out Saturday night?" -- that's so not creepy. Done right, its cute and very flattering.

Maybe some guys or girls just can't pull that off and they come off as trying too hard. I'm saying, I don't need to wait or go through people to go out with someone I like. I'm not in grade school. But that's just me.

laika
09-02-2010, 9:31 PM
Robidouxs, I've met you ftf when we did business one day. You are an intelligent, goodlooking and courteous young man with a quick sense of humor. Call her; she would be lucky. Listen to an old lady! If nothing comes of it, her loss. I think your post was indication enough that she intrigued you a bit.

Steyrlp10
09-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Really? On a gun forum?

Why not -- we talk about rice :)

Steyrlp10
09-03-2010, 11:17 AM

Yeah, what she said :)

I am a strong believer in Natural Selection. You snooze, you lose.

Steyrlp10
09-03-2010, 11:18 AM

Ditto here too :)

Is there a hidden expiration date somewhere that is only seen by some and not others???

Steyrlp10
09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
ehhh....If shes into you she will call and say whats up in a few days.

Heres my take on it....if you say "okay if by day 2 she doesn't call then F her" and then she calls on day 3, why wouldn't you go out with her??? or day 4? or day 5??

If I'm interested in a guy, I'll call him or keep in touch or make some effort to make sure he knows I'm around and such.

I mean REALLY, if a week goes by and she calls you in like 8 days are you gonna be that immature and play the 5th grade game of "well you didn't call in such and such days, so screw you! You lost your chance."

Shelly, nothing scarier than a guy who calendars this like a court hearing - lol

Steyrlp10
09-03-2010, 11:22 AM

Oh, and don't forget the one about the Mantis v The Black Widow - lol!!!!!

sd_shooter
09-03-2010, 2:37 PM
Two days is the industry standard!

http://images.askmen.com/entertainment/movie/1265151252_swingers_1.jpg

jdewolf
09-03-2010, 5:36 PM

::ears perk up::

I heard rice!

longarmshortlegs
09-06-2010, 9:38 PM
If you are the type of guy that will marry her tomorrow then you might as well call her. If you are not that type then don't sweat it. She has your number, and that is all that matters. Go about your daily business and she'll call you if she wants to. In any case if you hang out with your friend on a daily basis (or often enough) then you will probably run into her again.

On a side note you can play it or our entertainment. If she was once a bad apple, and her baby daddy is a bad apple, you can play the paranoid-type and stress about her initial question (How many guns do you have?).

xr650r
09-06-2010, 10:14 PM
You know what they say about women with kids.....

freonr22
09-06-2010, 11:23 PM
dude, she aint gonna call you.

You have to call her

freonr22
09-06-2010, 11:23 PM

I bake my rice, w/ chicken base

9mmepiphany
09-06-2010, 11:59 PM
I bake my rice, w/ chicken base
heathen :p

jdewolf
09-12-2010, 4:35 AM
heathen :p

I think in certain native lands that's actually a crime punishable by death.

Turo
09-12-2010, 4:57 AM
So I've got a question for Mr. Robidoux:
Does she have a friend that needs a date? I'm free :D

OHOD
09-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Rice, phone calls, time, interests and etc...

Nobody ever calls me.

Lonely in Seattle.

Dr. Peter Venkman
09-13-2010, 7:24 AM
This past Sunday night, at my buddy’s place, I was relaxing after a long day of helping make his inoperable computer run again. Burnt out, I sit down on the couch and start playing a videogame to relax. Some time passes and my buddy’s Fiancé knocks on the door and comes in with food, as usual after her shift, but a new woman also joins us that I have never seen before, the Fiancé’s lifelong friend.

The Fiancé’s lifelong friend, Fiancé, and my buddy begin to eat. The Fiancé’s lifelong friend proceeded to offer me some of her dinner, I politely declined.
She then opens with a statement asking how many guns I have. Normally I am very guarded when I first meet someone new, but this time; I immediately responded and joked around with her a little bit on other topics. She responded positively to the jokes and things are going good. At some point, I remember asking her to clarify something she was vague about, which she then proceeds to tell me about her past and that she has a child (from this point forward I assume that the father has to be nearby).

I compliment her that I am impressed that she has turned her life around, is raising her child, and is a productive member of society. We proceed to joke around some more. Being burnt out; I decide that it is now time to go home. I bid everyone goodbye and drive home.

Upon arriving at home, my buddy sends me a text asking what I thought of the woman I just met. I responded that I would talk to him in person at work tomorrow since I was burnt out. I proceed to crash and ask him at work the next morning what was up with the text. He responds and I then see the text also in my phone, “I think she likes you”. I joke with him and tell him he is just pulling my leg. He confirms that this is not a joke. I ask him to elaborate what he means by “likes”, he indicates that he was pestered with questions from her about me as soon as I left, with her indicating that I was her type.

I then tell my buddy, “The next time you see her, pass my number to her and the message that I am single and interested in her.” I also instruct my buddy to tell her when I am free since I work some nightshift hours several days out of the week.

My buddy confirmed that he passed my number and message to the woman sometime Monday afternoon. He gave me the response “She was surprised you were interested. She thought you were going to say no.”

I am now waiting to hear a call back from her. Approximately how long should I expect to wait before she calls back?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/WiseBobo/notsureifserious.jpg

onequickshift
10-05-2010, 11:56 AM
lol. games are for hs and college campus bs. Call her and ask if she wants to get coffee, giggle jitters aside, those who dare, win.

imtheomegaman
10-05-2010, 12:08 PM
she has a child, leave it be

onequickshift
10-05-2010, 12:45 PM
she has a child, leave it be

I've heard this before in other conversations. Why do guys say this alot? Or something like it?

imtheomegaman
10-05-2010, 3:00 PM
I've heard this before in other conversations. Why do guys say this alot? Or something like it?

because her focus should be on raising her child, not dating

hoozaru
10-05-2010, 3:25 PM
because her focus should be on raising her child, not dating

this

a single mother is first and foremost dedicated to her child (as it should be).
too often, single mothers are looking for a man to
1) be the father to their children, to help raise them and care for them,
2) to pay the bills,
3) to give her freedom from the kids for awhile.

and if the kid's father finds out you have guns or $$, good luck with that

onequickshift
10-05-2010, 4:35 PM
Granted a single father or mother SHOULD do that, many dont. But doesn't mean they have to be alone, or aren't allowed to date.

bjl333
10-05-2010, 5:12 PM
I had a buddy that was in a similar situation. He started dating a single mom. After a little while of dating she started to get real possesive of him and started asking him to help with supporting her. This is only after (I think) 4 months.
I hope she won't be the same way, but just something to watch out for. I know I am way too far out, considering she hasn't called you yet !!!:D But just want to throw that out there, just keep it in a tiny corner of your mind.

rob1105
10-19-2010, 6:06 AM
Man give her a call and take her on a date to the range.

spetsnaz
10-19-2010, 11:03 AM
why dont you just call her? if u are interested just call her. although i persoanlly would not take on the father roll of the child just yet. (you dont want to get attached when you dont have to)

Big Jake
10-19-2010, 7:03 PM

All this serious relationship advice is craziness.

If you like the chick, get her information and call or text her.

Don't play the game... Carpe diem. If you like a chick let it be known. If she rejects you move on.

Another "Rainbow" thread? :rolleyes::p

jdewolf
10-21-2010, 1:10 PM
Another "Rainbow" thread? :rolleyes::p

::sniff sniff::

I smell skank :p