PDA

View Full Version : sig 250's are now $399 as well at TGS

nazgulnarsil
09-01-2010, 5:09 PM
http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p250-compact-9mm-phosphate-contrast-sights-dao.html

though with all the stuff discussed over the last week or so I'm not sure anyone wants them XD

why would anyone get a DAO hammer fired pistol unless they had to (dept mandated etc.)?

Oldnoob
09-01-2010, 5:40 PM
Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep the Sig Pro.

bsg
09-01-2010, 6:13 PM
thanks for the heads up; pass.... :)

1911su16b870
09-01-2010, 6:41 PM
Looks like the P250 is being dropped left and right by our .gov...no .gov agencies using it may be the end of it. If you like are really smooth DAO pistol and total caliber and size modularity, the P250 is the only pony in the barn.

gumby
09-01-2010, 7:18 PM
My agency said no to this weapon so, I sold both of mine. Where is this thread about gov.'s dropping this weapon--mine got rid of all its Sigs!

steve

gorenut
09-01-2010, 7:49 PM
Are these even on the roster? Honestly, if it was $100 less, I might consider getting one just for novelty's sake.

Oldnoob
09-01-2010, 7:56 PM
Are these even on the roster? Honestly, if it was $100 less, I might consider getting one just for novelty's sake.

I guess not. Only one on the Roster is the two tune, compact 9mm (another BS from the roster. I'm mad even it's for a gun I don't want.).

NIB
09-01-2010, 8:35 PM
SIG has been having issues with the P250 since it came out. Maybe if they spent more time fixing it rather then suing they could get somewhere with it.

SIG motto 2010 - "To Hell With Reliability"

Blackhawk556
09-02-2010, 1:22 AM
"too much emphasis on reliability"

nazgulnarsil
09-02-2010, 5:15 AM
I guess not. Only one on the Roster is the two tune, compact 9mm (another BS from the roster. I'm mad even it's for a gun I don't want.).

wait what? if one sig 250 is on the roster all of them are right? I thought the actual pistol part wasn't in the grip and slide on this model. I also saw a 250 at a gunstore that was full size.

Oldnoob
09-02-2010, 9:20 AM
wait what? if one sig 250 is on the roster all of them are right? I thought the actual pistol part wasn't in the grip and slide on this model. I also saw a 250 at a gunstore that was full size.

You might gave too much credit to CA DOJ, and think they can comprehend with Sig 250 idea.

It's true that Sig 250 can interchange with grip/barrel/slide, and it's also true Sig 250 is register on the internal modular. But CA DOJ still require it come with exact grip/barrel/slide as the one they tested. :chris:

P250 Compact (Two-Tone) / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 3.9" 9mm 12/30/2010

Oldnoob
09-02-2010, 9:22 AM
"too much emphasis on reliability"

:rofl2:

sigfan91
09-02-2010, 9:37 AM
You might gave too much credit to CA DOJ, and think they can comprehend with Sig 250 idea.

It's true that Sig 250 can interchange with grip/barrel/slide, and it's also true Sig 250 is register on the internal modular. But CA DOJ still require it come with exact grip/barrel/slide as the one they tested. :chris:

Can't we just buy whatever P250 that is on the roster, and then buy grip modules, slides, barrels, and everything else to make it into a different gun (except the serialized firing mechanism)?

That was the whole idea behind the P250, for those who live in euroland and slave states.

Oldnoob
09-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Can't we just buy whatever P250 that is on the roster, and then buy grip modules, slides, barrels, and everything else to make it into a different gun (except the serialized firing mechanism)?

That was the whole idea behind the P250, for those who live in euroland and slave states.

Yes, yes we can. But we still need to buy the P250 that's on the roster first. Then get different grip/barre/slide.

The one on TGS is not on the roster due the finish.

1911su16b870
09-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Yes...I think with the FCU you can drop it into any non-CA slide and grip assembly...though I havn't had the chance to break down a CA P250 yet.

1911su16b870
09-02-2010, 10:04 AM
My agency said no to this weapon so, I sold both of mine. Where is this thread about gov.'s dropping this weapon--mine got rid of all its Sigs!

steve

Sorry to learn about that. Here is the thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=337557

sigfan91
09-02-2010, 10:07 AM
So what we should do is starting to horde parts for the P250. Then find a P250 that's on the roster and buy that. Sell the parts on the actual P250 that we don't want to recoup some cost. And we end up with a different gun. :D

You know...I'm starting to like the idea of P250...only because we live in a slave state.

Black Majik
09-02-2010, 10:09 AM
So what we should do is starting to horde parts for the P250. Then find a P250 that's on the roster and buy that. Sell the parts on the actual P250 that we don't want to recoup some cost. And we end up with a different gun. :D

You know...I'm starting to like the idea of P250...only because we live in a slave state.

Then sell it for profit on Calguns for being "off-list." :)

sigfan91
09-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Then sell it for profit on Calguns for being "off-list." :)

Oooh I like the way you think.

OK, I'm convinced. Now I am a big supporter of P250.

theneko
09-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Many seem to be commenting on it w/o having seen it or touched it so I will give my opinions in case anyone is interested - YMMV.

Yes the DAO pull is long but I got it for CCW and I wanted an alternative to cocked and locked the way I normally carry. I liked the idea that it would take a deliberate pull to go off -- even though I still carry G19 and M&P somtimes, a striker fired "SA"-type gun with no external safety may make some nervous.

Anyhoo, I was amazed how accurate it is. DAO takes getting used to on any gun and I admit I admit I am not yet, but I can still shoot better with it than my XDM. Go figure.

My chief complaint was that the take down lever took a hammer (yes a hammer) to move. I thought it would work in a little over time but it didn't. I called Sig expecting them to take a look at it and they said "yes, they are all like that - just work it a lot and it will get looser" -Riiiiight. But I took it out and sprayed some tri-flow (teflon) in there and it works OK now.

I have a sub compact frame and slide on order - the idea that you can change guns "easily" is really cool especially when you are only allowed 3 guns on a CCW permit. This way I can convert it and still have just 1 serial number. Kit is on back order so I don't yet know how that will work out.

I can't speculate whether it makes a good duty or agency gun but for EDC it works well for some people. Very flexible, accurate and well made. Compact holds 16 rounds I believe (in a free state). To me it it innovative and even if the excution is not completeley perfect it is far from a failure on Sig's part. That's my $.02 anyway. It is my first and only Sig by the way (I never could get used to SA/DA).

gumby
09-02-2010, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the thread, a good read.

nazgulnarsil
09-02-2010, 10:40 AM
I have the black compact - not two tone and I bought it from a local dealer in CA. So not sure why someone said only 2-tone is on the roster (I have not checked the roster lateley).

either the dealer reconfigured it or they are unknowingly doing something illegal if they sell it.

theneko
09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Hmmm, not sure. They did rivet the mags at 10 rnds, as 10 rounders were not yet available at the time. They can be purchased now however.

The link at the top of this thread to TGS says PHOSPHATE. Does TGS ship this model to CA?