PDA

View Full Version : MC Operator: CA list...

MT1
09-01-2010, 10:16 AM
I have been planning on getting one of these 1911's - but currently there's no budget for it as I have sunk almost 10k into my backyard renovation over the last couple months. I saw that it's scheduled to fall off the list in Oct. so my question is, will that actually happen or will Springfield renew so that I can buy one next year?

Swoop
09-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Ya never know =\ just got mine last month.... in case...

jtmkinsd
09-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I have been planning on getting one of these 1911's - but currently there's no budget for it as I have sunk almost 10k into my backyard renovation over the last couple months. I saw that it's scheduled to fall off the list in Oct. so my question is, will that actually happen or will Springfield renew so that I can buy one next year?

Contact Springfield and ask them if they are going to keep it on the list. You can hope they do, or ask and know they will or won't. 1911 is very popular...so odds are they will...but if you want to be sure...ask

Alecks
09-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm currently looking for one as well!
Bday present to myself :)
you can reserve one from budsgunshop

Soldier415
09-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I've had one for a few years. Favorite 1911 I own. Damned hard to find now.

cmace22
09-01-2010, 1:00 PM
Dont know why they wouldnt renew it, but you never know. I would buy one just in case if I didnt already have one.....

MT1
10-25-2010, 9:57 PM
So it's been re-newed on the roster....trouble is now I'm having a hard time choosing between it and the full TRP for only a couple hundred more :rolleyes:

The rail doesn't matter to me, I wouldn't use it on this gun anyways. But I would be wanting to add slam pads to the mags, and a speed chute, and better grips...all of which are already done on the TRP. My only complaint about the TRP was the shear aggressiveness of the front-strap checkering when I played with one at the gun shop - and I don't have soft hands...(could get the SS model for $100 cheaper, smooth out the checkering, then get coated)

Anybody own, or have owned both and have an opinion?

Possibly deployed for self-defense, otherwise it would be informal range use.

decisions, decisions....