View Full Version : C-More mount for Springer 1911 9mm

08-31-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi all,

I want to mount a C-More Slide Ride on my Springfield 1911 9mm for shooting steel. All the quality mounts (that are frame mounted) I know of require removal of the iron sights, usually at least the front sight. I want to be able to remove the C-More to use the gun with iron sights for other events and I don't want to have to dismount, remount and re-zero the irons every time...PITA!.

Anyone know of a quality mount that allows me to keep my iron sights on?

Please don't tell me that I need two guns, one with iron sights and one with red dot. It would be nice, but not realistic!

Thanks in advance.

09-01-2010, 4:54 AM
Try C more's website...under 1911 mount.

09-01-2010, 8:14 AM
Thanks. That information is for the STS sight mounted on the slide. My question was for the Slide Ride mounted on the frame.

Thanks, though. I appreciate the thought.

09-01-2010, 8:32 AM
Before Coffee..!

All I can think of is the old B Square frame mount; which has mixed reviews. At least you can use the iron sites with it. You might have to buy an additional C More mount (picatinny style) to fit it on top of the B Square.

(Probably off ebay these days)

Good luck.!

09-01-2010, 10:02 AM
You might look at the Cape Mount (http://speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=CASM&n=Cape-Custom-C-More-Scope-Mount) that allows you to remove the C-More with out removing the frame mounted base. They say you can remove and reinstall the scope without loosing zero.

Or maybe one of the sideways mounts like the Quinn (http://speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=QM1&n=Quinn-II-C-More-Mount) might leave enough clearance to keep the Irons on your slide.

09-01-2010, 7:06 PM
OceanBob, thanks, but I don't think the B-Square is sturdy enough and would be tough to keep tight enough to stay on!

TMC, thanks for this reference. I've never heard of this. A bit pricey, but may be the answer.

You know, I've been thinking this over and I'm sort of concluding that my idea may not be a sound one. First, mounting and dismounting the optic and/or mount is probably not a good idea, long term. Secondly, I'm starting to question the wisdom of having the optics high enough to clear the iron sights as that would only increase the height above the bore, which is counter to what most shooters are trying to achieve.

Oh well, two guns, I guess! :)

Thanks guys. appreciate the inputs.

09-01-2010, 7:41 PM
Dave..how about 2 slides instead of two guns.?...One with the iron one with the c more.

Take care