PDA

View Full Version : another CHEAPER ThAN DIRT nuttiness...

ldivinag
05-11-2006, 10:21 AM
now this is regular BALL ammo for the 50bmg. unless i missed something:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM980-3285-232.html

they have tracers and incendiery rounds. even marker rounds not avail for kaif.

but ball ammo?????

sigh...

blacklisted
05-11-2006, 10:29 AM
now this is regular BALL ammo for the 50bmg. unless i missed something:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM980-3285-232.html

they have tracers and incendiery rounds. even marker rounds not avail for kaif.

but ball ammo?????

sigh...

They are one of the stupidest groups of people around:

Not legal to carry, own or sell to residents living in California & other states.

bu-bye
05-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Send them a message! I just did. Tell them you will be boycotting their business. Here is the link....

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/shopcustcontact.asp

SC_00_05
05-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Damn, policies like these piss me off. I suppose we only have CA to thank for stuff like this but it'd still be nice if places like CTD and Sportsmans Guide could check the laws once in a while.

Message sent to CTD.

Biaxident
05-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Speaking of which, I sent an email to Sportsman's Guide a few weeks back asking why they wouldn't ship ammo to my county (Ventura county, by the way) when other online retailers have done so numerous times. I got a prompt response, but it was really a lot of BS revolving around the assumed idea that, "I don't know but I'm sure there's a good reason behind it."

Shane916
05-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Speaking of which, I sent an email to Sportsman's Guide a few weeks back asking why they wouldn't ship ammo to my county (Ventura county, by the way) when other online retailers have done so numerous times. I got a prompt response, but it was really a lot of BS revolving around the assumed idea that, "I don't know but I'm sure there's a good reason behind it."

Yeah I never quite understood there reasoning behind that. As you are well aware on there site it says:

"WARNING: Ammunition cannot be shipped to Sacramento, California; Marin, Napa, Ventura and Yolo counties in California..."

Wonder what they have against those particular areas..

CalNRA
05-11-2006, 12:13 PM
That's why Natches gets all my business for ammo now.

bu-bye
05-11-2006, 12:35 PM
WE WON WE WON!!!

just got this e-mail back form them...

Mr. XXXXX,

I apologize. That was an error on our website. We will correct it as quickly as possible. We CAN ship this ammo to CA.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Rick Sykes
Call Center Manager
Cheaper Than Dirt!
2524 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76106
rick@cheaperthandirt.com

klmmicro
05-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Yeah I never quite understood there reasoning behind that. As you are well aware on there site it says:

"WARNING: Ammunition cannot be shipped to Sacramento, California; Marin, Napa, Ventura and Yolo counties in California..."

Wonder what they have against those particular areas..

Those particular areas have ordanances restricting ammo being shipped to addresses there. It is not the shipper, but the place itself.

adamsreeftank
05-11-2006, 1:27 PM
The website has been updated.

Ammo restrictions: You must be at least 21 years old. We do not sell/ship ammunition to Alaska; Hawaii; Massachusetts; New York City; Washington, DC; Cook County, Illinois; or APO/FPO addresses. Please check your state and local laws before ordering ammunition.

ldivinag
05-11-2006, 2:00 PM
sweet...

but that pix has an ammo box with the word TRACER on it...

granted it's just a box... you never know with certain wackos out there...

SC_00_05
05-11-2006, 2:46 PM
WE WON WE WON!!!

just got this e-mail back form them...

Mr. XXXXX,

I apologize. That was an error on our website. We will correct it as quickly as possible. We CAN ship this ammo to CA.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Rick Sykes
Call Center Manager
Cheaper Than Dirt!
2524 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76106
rick@cheaperthandirt.com
Yeah, he sent me an email too. I have a new found respect for CTD. I informed him that their catalogue has the restriction problem in it too so hopefully that's changed for next time also.

markymark
05-11-2006, 8:09 PM
Sportsman's Guide is crummy. I tried ordering and shipping ammo to Los Angeles (not listed on their no-sale list) and the order got cancelled. I tried changing the shipping address to my work address in Torrance and the order got cancelled again. Their policy is to not sell ammo to people who have their BILLING address in the "bad" areas. :mad:

taloft
05-11-2006, 8:26 PM
Things happen but, most companies won't eat crow when they are wrong.

At least CTD had the good grace to correct the problem, and even went to the effort of apologizing for the hassle. In my book, that is good customer service.