PDA

View Full Version : FFLs - Your Input Requested on DROS, Buy/Sell Transactions

wildhawker
08-31-2010, 3:51 PM
All,

I'm trying to put together a conference call with interested FFLs to discuss DROS as well as other purchase/sale-related issues. If you or an FFL would be interested in participating in this fact-finding effort, please PM or email me as soon as possible.

Scheduling is flexible to accommodate business operations and multiple calls will not be a problem.

Thanks,

-Brandon

raycm2
08-31-2010, 5:22 PM
Please, please put inter-state intra-familial transfers of non-roster handguns on the agenda. I have contacted four FFLs in the Sacramento area and none will touch one - and I cannot blame any of them - because of FUD due to DOJ refusing to put any thing in writing. I called DOJ and they said "no FFL required". :eek: I mentioned Title 18 and they said "then just DROS it as 'Operation of Law'." :rolleyes:

Ray

wildhawker
09-02-2010, 7:40 PM
Noted. ;)

Sorry for being vague, but we really cannot discuss details online at this time. However, I would love to have as many FFLs as possible give input and roundtable the issue on a private conference call.

ugimports
09-02-2010, 7:51 PM
All,

I'm trying to put together a conference call with interested FFLs to discuss DROS as well as other purchase/sale-related issues. If you or an FFL would be interested in participating in this fact-finding effort, please PM or email me as soon as possible.

Scheduling is flexible to accommodate business operations and multiple calls will not be a problem.

Thanks,

-Brandon

Can you put up a sample agenda? I don't have any specific topics in mind, but depending what's on the agenda I may or may not be interested in attending.

Capt. Speirs
09-03-2010, 8:57 AM
sounds interesting, not enough info to bite yet, time is money.

wildhawker
09-03-2010, 10:30 PM
What I'm looking for are, for example:

* areas of concern;
* issues where DOJ provides conflicting information;
* inconsistencies or errors in the system;
* workflow/logic problems and conflicts with law (e.g. cannot do something you should be able to do).

I really cannot publicly be more specific than this, unfortunately. The call is an opportunity to voice your concerns privately so they can be reviewed and incorporated into some forthcoming actions.

Think about how you would create/run DROS in a "perfect world", and how this current DROS fails.

-Brandon