PDA

View Full Version : Cali-Legal Gripless Ak More Desireable Now?!

insin
05-11-2006, 9:26 AM
It seems to me that if we are thinking about going gripless as an alternative, then I think my 4 AK kits that are sitting in my closet are going to become my new best friends. Besides the 2 underfolders, the 2 fixed stock ones I have are perfect in complying with the new memo. Im not saying that anything has changed in this last week, but compared to a gripless AR, a Gripless AK seems like it would be easier to shoot. PLUS the Gripless, fixed stock, removable mag AK will fully comply with the memo.

I just have to find a few 10 rnd AK mags.

blacklisted
05-11-2006, 9:28 AM
Maybe, but I think someone should find a legal SAIGA clone :D

Since they aren't banning anything, I'll be able to make one.

EBWhite
05-11-2006, 10:43 AM
The AK is much easier to shoot without a grip than an AR

shopkeep
05-11-2006, 11:00 AM
I should have bought some AKs... fortunately though according to the memo I have PLENTY of time to get some :)!

bwiese
05-11-2006, 11:10 AM
I could never think of AKs being more desireable than ARs, no matter what hobbled CA mods are being considered.

jonb
05-11-2006, 11:50 AM
I could never think of AKs being more desireable than ARs, no matter what hobbled CA mods are being considered.

+1............

insin
05-11-2006, 1:20 PM
More desireable then before... not more then an AR. Just because it might be able to shoot better gripless compared to an AR.

PanzerAce
05-11-2006, 1:46 PM
desireable depends on who is looking. Personally, I find AKs slightly more desireable than ARs in general.

icormba
05-11-2006, 1:47 PM
AK's are only more desirable for me because I already have registered AR's. That and since the AR is more accurate for me... it doesn't present as much of a challenge at the range compared to a less accurate AK. I sometimes get bored shooting my ARs and just leave them at home.

The AR is more versatile, so I don't need as many of them... I can just get a new upper or 2 or 3 or 4. I'm also a collector & while the AK isn't as versatile, there are more versions and I must have each one to satisfy my collection...
AK-74 modern, AK-74 sidefolder, AKM, AKM underfolder, RPK, AKM with Russian wood, AK-74 w/ Russian wood, AK-74 Polish Tantal, SA-85...

I'm still going with bolt action and my mass amount of 30 round mags... but I'm having a bit#$% of a time getting that darn gas block off to plug the barrel's gas port!! :mad: :)