PDA

View Full Version : DOJ's first strike on offlist lowers??

mailman
05-11-2006, 8:19 AM
My father in law contacted the San Jose gun exchange wondering if they had in the high standard lowers or not andn they explained that they might have them at the end of next month, why so long he asked, they said that the DOJ had contacted high standard and said that they should not ship any more lowers to our great state. Maybe this is their first step done by strongarming these companies. I guess only time will tell.:mad:

Maybe Xeno could clear this up a little...?

klmmicro
05-11-2006, 8:30 AM
My father in law contacted the San Jose gun exchange wondering if they had in the high standard lowers or not andn they explained that they might have them at the end of next month, why so long he asked, they said that the DOJ had contacted high standard and said that they should not ship any more lowers to our great state. Maybe this is their first step done by strongarming these companies. I guess only time will tell.:mad:

First step it is not. They contacted Stag and Fulton back in December 2005 (maybe November) to tell them not to ship. Fulton complied and would not directly sell, but some dealers were game to play. I think Stag was the same way at first, an external dealer would ship them in, but nothing factory direct to CA FFL's.

phish
05-11-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm curious if Lauer will still tell the DOJ to go pound sand and ship anyway.

shopkeep
05-11-2006, 11:06 AM
LCW and DSA Arms have always shipped direct. The CEO of LCW has told the DOJ to go **** themselves because he knows the law and he will continue shipping these here... in fact he gets sadistic pleasure knowing there's nothing the DOJ can do about his recievers comming into this state. Yeah... he's my hero and I should buy some of his lowers :D!

bwiese
05-11-2006, 11:09 AM
LCW and DSA Arms have always shipped direct. The CEO of LCW has told the DOJ to go **** themselves because he knows the law and he will continue shipping these here... in fact he gets sadistic pleasure knowing there's nothing the DOJ can do about his recievers comming into this state. Yeah... he's my hero and I should buy some of his lowers :D!

Yeah, I had a great chat w/Mr Lauer at the SHOT Show. Nice guy. He's glad to help us.

klmmicro
05-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks Shopkeep...now I will have to buy another lower! I thought I was going to be okay with just one.

PanzerAce
05-11-2006, 11:41 AM

See, Im waiting to see what Ronnie Barrett will do with regards to lowers (do they make their own for the 6.8?) I bet he would be willing to ship direct. Hell, he might even give you a Cali Discount :D

xenophobe
05-11-2006, 12:33 PM

I just called the store, John told you that, and there was a miscommunication between him and the owner.

High Standard will be shipping more units shortly... supposedly next thursday. HS has pushed the ship date back on the store several times now, so I wouldn't hold your breath, but Mike said they're shipping next week. Rest assured, if you ordered one you'll get one.

FWIW, I don't work there anymore.

grammaton76
05-11-2006, 1:32 PM

Whoa. I hope it's because you found someplace better. You're a good guy.

kantstudien
05-11-2006, 1:39 PM

I know it is none of our damn business, but could we ask why? :confused:

PIRATE14
05-11-2006, 1:44 PM
I know it is none of our damn business, but could we ask why? :confused:

He's got so many darn lowers, he's starting his own business........:eek:

xenophobe
05-11-2006, 2:03 PM
Actually the thought of getting an FFL again had crossed my mind. :p (edit: and I also live in one of the only cities on the Peninsula that doesn't have an ordinance against this ;) )

Seriously though, since my mother passed away, I'm left with a severely delapidated house that is in need of serious refurbishment, and I wouldn't be able to get anything done even working part time. I'll need to rent out some rooms, so I need to fully landscape, paint interior/exterior, new carpet, remove/consolidate/throw away 25 years of lived in accumulations, and fix the garage/kitchen sink drop to the mainline (it's been leaking for years and I was just quoted $1650 to get it fixed :eek: :mad: ... so I'll fix it with a friend) and fix some dry rot/water damage and cut down some trees... new kitchen, perhaps a new bathroom...

So yeah, it's going to be a bit busy here. So much to do that you don't quite know where to start. And it's not like I'm rich either, so I need to get this stuff done so I can try to rent a room or two...

So that's the story...

kantstudien
05-11-2006, 2:11 PM
Man, that is kinda boring. I was hoping it would be some story like: "The owner went insane and came at me with a knife so I used a Seagal clothesline and..." ;)

Gnote
05-11-2006, 4:09 PM
xenophobe:

I'm sorry to hear about your mother.:(

rorschach
05-11-2006, 4:16 PM
Just bought 2 more lowers directly from Lauer. 120 each plus 14 bucks shipping to Ade's in O.C. As previously stated, Mr Lauer loves selling to those of us living here behind enemy lines, and has no problem telling the DOJ to f- themselves. Helluva guy!!