View Full Version : Looking to replace factory sights on Kimber

08-31-2010, 10:26 AM
I have a Kimber Custom II with no rear or front markings. I'm looking to replace them with factory dot sights. Should I keep the rears and get a white dot sight for the front or should I replace both. My thinking is if you just replace the front, then my eyes would focus more on the front sight, thus giving me faster target acquisition. Opinions?

08-31-2010, 4:20 PM
You really cant go wrong with meprolite nitesights. They are very bright with the front sight being about 20% brighter then the rears. Draws your attention to the front post.

As far as none nite sights what ever works for you. I am use to three dot and like it best.

08-31-2010, 5:59 PM
If you would like test your options, buy some quick-dry nail polish (in your favorite color, about $3) and apply it to the front sight. This should give you a good idea of what a front dot sight will look like.

08-31-2010, 6:04 PM
I like black rears with fiber optic fronts. My kimber custom has a bomar adjustable rear with a fiber optic front. This set up is fast and easy to see. Dawson precision has lots front sights you can use with your stock rear sight. Here's just the fiber optic. Mark
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT%3AKimber+ Front+Sights:Kimber+Fiber+Optic+Inserted+Front+Sig hts

08-31-2010, 7:48 PM
truglo tritium fiber optics
i shot a sig with them on and it didn't matter if there was light or not, the sights are bright

08-31-2010, 8:09 PM
I'd stick with railroaders idea. Look around for different FO sites.