PDA

View Full Version : What's the real deal with NcStar Mark III Tactical Scopes?

Bogart
08-31-2010, 6:48 AM
So I have heard both negative and positive reviews about these scopes. Anyone with hands-on experience with them (if so what version). Please no suggestions for other scopes. Just looking for reviews on these, thanks.

CoyoteHunter555
08-31-2010, 12:43 PM
I won't suggest others, but don't buy a NcStar

Killawhale415
08-31-2010, 1:08 PM
The "real deal" is that its cheaply made overpriced glass that belongs on an airsoft gun, steer clear of em.

Black Majik
08-31-2010, 1:50 PM
I won't suggest others, but don't buy a NcStar

Well said.

seventyfive
08-31-2010, 2:21 PM
I got one of the 3-9x scopes with red / green illumination. 9x is a little blurry but you can still shoot it. At 7x or less it's crystal clear. I can shoot a very tight group with it and it came with a nice quick release mount that holds zero just fine.

If you're just shooting recreationally I think they're great. I'm only shooting paper at 100 meters or less. If you plan to crawl through the dirt, kick down doors, and use this in Afghanistan I think you might want to step up to an ACOG.

Davidoff
09-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Garbage. Windage adjustment knob just came off at the range one day...

Factory2nds
09-05-2010, 12:53 AM
i put one on a 6.8 build i finished earlier this year. dumped a bunch of money on my upper and stock and cheaped out on the scope.

the overall composition of the scope is halfway decent. the adjustment knobs dont have that nice click to it and turn a little too easily. if youre looking at one with the illuminated reticle, the entire tube glows when turned on in low light conditions.

i used the scope on a deer hunt a few weeks back for the opening weekend for A-zone. stood up alright to being lugged around all day, but i dont see it lasting for years and years. i'll probably end up swapping it out later on.