PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else experiencing a flashback to 2000?

shopkeep
05-11-2006, 2:41 AM
Maybe it's just me but I think I'm experiencing a flashback to 2000. Our rifles are about to become unlawful and we're thinking about grip replacements to prevent them from becoming inoperable hunks of aluminum (and in the case of 2006 Carbon Fiber as well). The Tumor stock is on the verge of a comeback and there are several grips already on the market like the SRB.

Who will unleash the next step in off-list technology?

EBWhite
05-11-2006, 2:50 AM
I've sent a design to DOJ right now- hoping to get it classified in writting as a non pistol grip (which its not according to the current web of thumb/trigger law)...I really like the design....

The SRB is nice but its not really a grip, it just keeps that spring in place. the tumor is just plain ugly but a great idea!

Forever-A-Soldier
05-11-2006, 7:31 AM
My flashback to 2000 is that I didn't buy enough lowers before the Ban. This time I'm buying as many as I can afford.

F.A.S. Out

akjunkie
05-11-2006, 7:53 AM
yeh, i remember Turners was selling Complete Bushmaster lowers with p/grip and A2 buttstock for $250 out the door... wish i bought a Whole Lot More!!!!!!

tpliquid1
05-11-2006, 9:28 AM
My flashback to 2000 is that I didn't buy enough lowers before the Ban. This time I'm buying as many as I can afford.

F.A.S. Out

werd! my dad said 2 was enough...then he said not enough...so we got 3 more

PIRATE14
05-11-2006, 10:28 AM
FLASH BACK CITY.........

Where"s Buffalo ARMS..........

Where's Norm.....forget the name of thier Business.....something armory

gh429
05-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Does anyone remember AFTER 2000, some AR's being released with something akin to a little hump where the pistol grip used to go? As I recall these were sold up until about august, 2000 where several stores were told to stop selling them. Does anyone have any memo's regarding this? This might help our cause... TIA

blacklisted
05-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Does anyone remember AFTER 2000, some AR's being released with something akin to a little hump where the pistol grip used to go? As I recall these were sold up until about august, 2000 where several stores were told to stop selling them. Does anyone have any memo's regarding this? This might help our cause... TIA

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=33727

ldivinag
05-11-2006, 2:47 PM
Where's Norm.....forget the name of thier Business.....something armory

M&N armory in fremont.

i curse him with everything...

PIRATE14
05-11-2006, 2:54 PM
M&N armory in fremont.

LOL....I knew the name and figured one of his old customers would chime in....looks like you knew him well..........:D

kantstudien
05-11-2006, 3:22 PM
M&N armory in fremont.

Storytime!

shooterx10
06-05-2006, 9:57 AM
Sorry for reviving what seems to be a dead thread, but I couldn't help myself! :p

BTW, if and when the AR tumor grip comes back on the market, I want one!

As for my dealings with Norm, let me put it this way, he stole from Peter and gave to Paul. He did that with a lot of his customers. I was both Peter and Paul. But I least he gave me a (relatively) decent deal on some AR receivers back before the last AR-15 boat left 6+ years ago. It took numerous phone calls, visits to his store in Fremont and at the local gun shows, but at least I got them.

I'm surprised the DOJ didn't get him for selling complete Special Weapon SW-5's with the pistol grip sawed off. The grip was still on there, all 2 millimeters of it! :eek:

EBWhite
06-05-2006, 11:06 AM
LOL- i saw shopkeep's name and thought he was back!

FinweElensar
06-05-2006, 12:10 PM
I was wondering why shopkeep's name is not clickable, was he banned?

EBWhite
06-05-2006, 12:13 PM
I was wondering why shopkeep's name is not clickable, was he banned?

Something happened with a sale gone wrong. He then quit and wanted his account deleted.

ldivinag
06-05-2006, 3:04 PM
Storytime!

rewind back to aug 2000.

i heard that he was still selling ARs then. pistol gripped removed.

(i have another story of how i told someone on dec 31, 1999, when we were at TRADERS waiting to be help, that "let's go, i can buy this some other day...")

anyways, i forget which day, something like aug 18th. i started my DROS.

i come back 10 days later, he says DROS is screwed up. i can come back 10 days later. now this is after they charged by credit card.

me being naive and REALLY wanting one, agreed. after all, another 10 days aint gonna kill me.

so i come back 10 days later, again, something screwed up come back.

this time i came back like 20 days later (still i wasnt sure about this 10 day wait, etc).

i've been dealing with him all this time. he was great. happy to sell to me. in fact, he wanted to sell me an MP5 too, neutered off course...

anyways, tone has changed. norm isnt there. one of this sales droid shows me a newspaper article saying that 2 DAYS (!!!!!!!) BEFORE i started the DROS, that the CA supreme court upheld SB23 or whatever lawsuit was up.

so norm could NOT and SHOULD NOT have been able to sell me anything. period.

since he wasnt there, i left.

i called 2 days laters and talked to him. he said "he gonna write a letter to the DOJ asking for special permission...." blah blah blah...

now, again this is my first firearm purchase, period, so again, naivete and my sheer desire to own this has now taken over.

i okayed and he said come back 30 days to see if the letter came in.

so i come back 30 days. again, he FEEDS me more BS about writing another letter, blah, blah, blah...

finally, around december, i finally called it quits. i told him i want a refund.

he tells me to bring in a receipt. ARRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

fortunately, i saved the piece of crap paper known to him as a receipt.

now he tells me it will take another 30 days for the refund.

so i wait. nothing from the credit card company.

i call again, this time more BS from his mouth.

i finally said the magic words to him, "norm, i dont wanna get my lawyer involved in this..."

he finally turned me over to his wife doing the paperwork. i think a day later the refund showed up.

i was telling this story to someone and he said, i essentially gave that SOB an interest free loan (the thing was like $1300-1400) for close to 5 months...

so that's why i curse him with everything...