PDA

View Full Version : My new ruger is disappointing...

killmime1234
08-30-2010, 9:41 PM
From what I've read, rugers are supposed to be darn near indestructible and eat anything you feed it.</exaggerated a little>

In any case, my new P95 has less than 200 rounds through it and now it keeps failing to feed and/or failing to eject. At first it would fail to eject EVERY round, then after field stripping and giving it a decent blow/wipe (I was out in the woods without access to a kit) it began to mostly eject correctly and instead failed to feed EVERY round.

So I took her back to my campsite and gave her a thorough cleaning and took it out the next day. This time, no failure to feeds but it did fail to eject about once per magazine (and never the same round # so I know it's not a magazine spring tension issue).

The other thing I noticed is what appears to be rust! This is a gun that's less than four months old and has been kept in the same safe as two other guns that have no sign of rusting, probably because I have loads of silica gel pouches in there. The "rust" was coming out as a dirty-copper colored ooze from the safety/deocker. I cleaned it out as best I could but I'm not sure how to disassemble the safety assembly.

The only common factor to all of this is new ammo. It's PMC 119Gr--admittedly poor quality ammo but it certainly isn't the worst. I haven't taken it out again since all these issues have started.

Has anyone else had these issues or any good advice? I'm gonna try different ammo next time I go out to see if it improves.

ojisan
08-30-2010, 9:52 PM
I would try some quality ammo before thinking the gun has a problem.
To remove the safety, pull the front of the extractor out away from the gun and slide it forward out of its groove.

killmime1234
08-30-2010, 9:56 PM
To remove the safety, pull the front of the extractor out away from the gun and slide it forward out of its groove.

That was my other thought. After wading through PAGES of great reviews of the p95, I found a handful of negative reviews that almost exclusively involved the extractor. I try not to be one that jumps to hastily to conclusions such as that though, so that's why I figured I'd ask the more knowledgeable folks here on calguns.

If I can figure out how to get the blasted thing apart, I'll post my findings. Thanks for the input.

BigDogatPlay
08-30-2010, 10:02 PM
The dirty copper colored ooze is perhaps a mix of lube and machine oil left over from manufacturing. Give it a good cleaning in that area and you're likely good to go.

A friend of mine has a P95 and after the first couple of mags it has run like a champ for him. I've fired it several times with no issues of any kind. It's been very durable, even after I had to manhandle it apart for him when he messed up the reassembly sequence after cleaning and wound up locking the slide assembly up tight on the frame. No movement front and just a tiny bit to the rear, enough so that I was able to eventually get it apart. Shot just fine after that ordeal.

Have you considered your shooting technique / grip? I ask only because you list one pistol in your sig line. Held low on the handle or with a weak wristed technique nearly any semi-auto pistol can get finicky. If you aren't already at the top of the grip, get there. You also might try having a friend shoot it and see if it replicates.

I usually do pretty good with PMC ammo, I'm still working my way through 1K of it in .40 bought before the Obama panic and not a single issue. You might try examining some of the ammo for overall length and appearance against other ball ammo. You might also try shooting a mag or two of it in a friends gun to compare performance.

If the problems persist, even after you switch ammo then contact Ruger.

killmime1234
08-30-2010, 10:09 PM
The dirty copper colored ooze is perhaps a mix of lube and machine oil left over from manufacturing. Give it a good cleaning in that area and you're likely good to go.

A friend of mine has a P95 and after the first couple of mags it has run like a champ for him. I've fired it several times with no issues of any kind. It's been very durable, even after I had to manhandle it apart for him when he messed up the reassembly sequence after cleaning and wound up locking the slide assembly up tight on the frame. No movement front and just a tiny bit to the rear, enough so that I was able to eventually get it apart. Shot just fine after that ordeal.

Have you considered your shooting technique / grip? I ask only because you list one pistol in your sig line. Held low on the handle or with a weak wristed technique nearly any semi-auto pistol can get finicky. If you aren't already at the top of the grip, get there. You also might try having a friend shoot it and see if it replicates.

I usually do pretty good with PMC ammo, I'm still working my way through 1K of it in .40 bought before the Obama panic and not a single issue. You might try examining some of the ammo for overall length and appearance against other ball ammo. You might also try shooting a mag or two of it in a friends gun to compare performance.

If the problems persist, even after you switch ammo then contact Ruger.

I know it's not my grip because it was happening to other shooters who used it (that, and I have a girlfriend I take shooting so I know plenty about limp-wristing :D).

That's good to hear about the ooze though. I was really racking my brain trying to figure out how it could be rusting so badly in one single spot in a very dry climate.

Greg-Dawg
08-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Contact Ruger.

Honestly, the only Ruger I'd own would be a GP100.

five.five-six
08-30-2010, 11:19 PM
I have a lot of rugers, they all function well

morfeeis
08-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Ll this sucks I have a p95 in ten dayjail as we speak/type, let us know how it turns out.......

forgiven
08-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Never owned any of the auto's, but all of my revolvers have been great. Good luck with your gun.

KIDRR
08-31-2010, 1:48 AM
I've had a P95 since ~1999 and 5000rounds later not one malfunction with the same two mags it came with. If I were you I'd sent it back to Ruger for inspection.

gorenut
08-31-2010, 7:28 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Contact Ruger.

Honestly, the only Ruger I'd own would be a GP100.

Ditto on this, and I do own one. Love it to death. Well, I wouldn't mind any Ruger revolver - just was never a fan of their semis. Ruger Minis are cool too, but I think they've gone up in price to the point where they don't see as worth it anymore.

paul0660
08-31-2010, 7:37 AM
I would try some quality ammo

"eat/ digest anything" = reliability. This gun obviously has problems.

nazgulnarsil
08-31-2010, 7:41 AM

there's no reason to expect a firearm to only feed high quality ammunition. a firearm that requires very tight tolerances to function has an underlying design issue.

obviously purpose built target shooting oriented firearms are different. general use guns should feed generic factory ammo.

J.D.Allen
08-31-2010, 7:45 AM
I had a p 95 for about 10 years before I sold it and I'm kicking myself for it now. I loved that gun. It was the most reliable thing I have ever fired. Your experience is quite surprising to me. Ruger has killer customer service though. If you contact them they'll make it right...try different ammo first but if it were an ammo problem it would surprise me because mine swallowed EVERYTHING I fed it without a hiccup

arc
08-31-2010, 8:37 AM
I've got a blued ruger p90 (the .45 ACP version) and I had the same issue with rust/goop oozing out around the safety lever. I wiped it off and made sure my silica packs were good and it hasn't happened again.

It's been pretty reliable. It's eaten everything except some lead wadcutters a guy at the range loaned me. And very occasionally once I've gone through about a hundred rounds at the range it will refuse to fully feed the last round in a magazine. But if I then switch to a new mag it's good to go again. So my theory is that when the mags heat up they change shape a little and cause malfunctions.

Fortunately I believe this is a situation I would only ever encounter at the range.

Hope this helps.
-James

Legasat
08-31-2010, 9:07 AM
I don't have any experience with the "P" Series, but I do with other Rugers. They stand behind their products, so if there is a problem, they will fix it.

Ron-Solo
08-31-2010, 9:13 AM
It sounds like you are dealing with some factory lube issues and possibly some copper fouling.

When my M&P 9 was new, I thought I was having rust issues in the barrel, but it was only copper fouling. I've been shooting a lot over a long period of time, and this is the first gun I ever had that issue with. I bought a specific copper solvent for the very first time with this gun. A 1000 rounds later, and I don't get the fouling anymore. Go figure. I never had a ftf, fte, or failure of any kind.

cindynles
08-31-2010, 2:04 PM
I've had a P95 since ~1999 and 5000rounds later not one malfunction with the same two mags it came with. If I were you I'd sent it back to Ruger for inspection.

I'm pushing 10,000 on mine and no problems at all.

faterikcartman
08-31-2010, 2:07 PM
From what I've read, rugers are supposed to be darn near indestructible ]...]

I've only read this about their revolvers.

killmime1234
08-31-2010, 9:32 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. Just one more question though: I didn't send in the ruger registration paperwork when I bought it. Does that mean that it's not under warranty? Or will ruger probably fix it anyway?

Johnny.B.Good
08-31-2010, 9:46 PM
The "rust" was coming out as a dirty-copper colored ooze from the safety/deocker. I cleaned it out as best I could but I'm not sure how to disassemble the safety assembly.

I recently bought a Glock 19, and after field stripping it for the first time noticed something along these lines. Only after I read the manual (who needs instructions) did I see that the "copper colored ooze" I noticed is some sort of grease/lubricant from the factory that they recommend you leave alone.

Perhaps Ruger does the same thing?

elsolo
08-31-2010, 9:49 PM
Did you give it a good cleaning before using it?

The warranty card shouldn't matter at all.

orangeusa
08-31-2010, 9:58 PM
Did you give it a good cleaning before using it?

The warranty card shouldn't matter at all.

Warranty card counts a lot NOW with Ruger. They have the Davidson's lifetime warantee. So fill that sucker out.

As to elsolo's first question - that's probably your issue. IMO, new guns are all suspect to the dreaded factory goo! Clean that gun, and lube it some.

There is nothing wrong with PMC ammo. My P90 is an awesome, albiet ugly gun. But I have never had an issue with range reloads or any other ammo I've put through it. But ONLY after I cleaned it the first time. Near 700-800 rounds last year, and not ONE failure. Serioustalk. And I don't clean it like I do my other guns... oh well.

morfeeis
09-01-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm pushing 10,000 on mine and no problems at all.
Now that's what I love to hear......

FERGUSON
09-01-2010, 12:51 PM
i have a newer p95 that i purchased in june and it ftf/fte with the pmc and rws ammo. it loves federal and winchester white box fmj. you can bend your extracter sometimes the bend isnt enough to grab the brass..once you pull the extracter out the decocker/safty comes apart.

FERGUSON
09-01-2010, 12:54 PM
These guns need to be absolutley clean!! i put 150 rnds of mixed pmc and rws ammo thru it before it start to FTF/FTE. P95s are the best bang for your buck. the adjustable rear site is actually off on mine so i need to take it out sight it in but other than that i like the gun....

FERGUSON
09-01-2010, 12:56 PM
doh and another issue is this pistol is VERY SENSITIVE TO LIMP WRISTING!!

Rob454
09-01-2010, 1:47 PM
hell i got a old azz p85 and that thing is flawless. Ive had problems with PMC ammo. I had 9mm and 45 and 30-06 ammo that did not fire but the primer was indented. i had one box of 30-06 and 14 out of 20 rounds were FTfire.
I would look into a thorough cleaning just in case it is something with the gun.

Pull the slide and then use a small screwdriver. place it on the left side of the ejection port and put the tip where the extractor lip is. Push away from you so the tip of the extractor is getting pushed away from the ejection port. now while holding pressure place the screwdriver against the edge of the ejection port and then pry towards the front of the slide. The ejector should pull away. Then all you need to do is use slight pressyre to pull the safety levers away from the slide. be careful cause the firing pin is spring loaded and can go flying. Im pretty sire the P95 is similar to the p85

ojisan
09-01-2010, 5:12 PM
"eat/ digest anything" = reliability. This gun obviously has problems.
There is ammo out there that no brand of gun will eat.
Saying the gun has problems after only trying one type of ammo in it is a hasty conclusion.
After trying known good to high quality ammo of a couple kinds and it still does not work, then blame the gun.

there's no reason to expect a firearm to only feed high quality ammunition. a firearm that requires very tight tolerances to function has an underlying design issue.

obviously purpose built target shooting oriented firearms are different. general use guns should feed generic factory ammo.

I agree.
But if you are trying to figure out why a gun does not work right, the easiest variable to eliminate is the ammo...testing should be done with a known good brand.
Testing using Bubba's bulk-pack gun show super-discount ammo may cause someone to spend lots of time barking up the wrong tree.
The OP said he used PMC119G ammo...they don't make any this weight.
I have seen reloaded lead 119G bullets in PMC (and other) cases that were very close in size and profile to standard FMJ115s...except they are larger in diameter than FMJ and lead to chambering and sticky extraction problems.

OP...Please clean it first, then try a couple boxes of new, standard winchester, remington, fiocchi or other name-brand FMJ ammo and get back to us with how it works.

PewPewBob
09-01-2010, 7:51 PM
I've had a P95 for 6 or so months and I've experienced some of the same issues you have (no rust from the decocker). I own 4 other Ruger firearms and have never had as many problems as with the P95. It has around 800-900 rounds down the pipe and the only issues I have with it now is the slide sometimes does not lock back on the last round.
Shoot some more rounds though it and it should clear up. I've shot mostly Remington UMC bulk pack though mine, not the greatest ammo but sure not too bad.

I'll tell you one thing, if this had been my 1st Ruger purchase I'd think twice about getting a second, but 1 out of 5 is not too bad i guess :)

bballwizard05
09-01-2010, 7:55 PM
Ll this sucks I have a p95 in ten dayjail as we speak/type, let us know how it turns out.......

stay calm, rugers are pimp. looks like this one was a bad apple

PsychGuy274
09-01-2010, 9:32 PM
From what I've read, rugers are supposed to be darn near indestructible and eat anything you feed it.</exaggerated a little>

In any case, my new P95 has less than 200 rounds through it and now it keeps failing to feed and/or failing to eject. At first it would fail to eject EVERY round, then after field stripping and giving it a decent blow/wipe (I was out in the woods without access to a kit) it began to mostly eject correctly and instead failed to feed EVERY round.

So I took her back to my campsite and gave her a thorough cleaning and took it out the next day. This time, no failure to feeds but it did fail to eject about once per magazine (and never the same round # so I know it's not a magazine spring tension issue).

The other thing I noticed is what appears to be rust! This is a gun that's less than four months old and has been kept in the same safe as two other guns that have no sign of rusting, probably because I have loads of silica gel pouches in there. The "rust" was coming out as a dirty-copper colored ooze from the safety/deocker. I cleaned it out as best I could but I'm not sure how to disassemble the safety assembly.

The only common factor to all of this is new ammo. It's PMC 119Gr--admittedly poor quality ammo but it certainly isn't the worst. I haven't taken it out again since all these issues have started.

Has anyone else had these issues or any good advice? I'm gonna try different ammo next time I go out to see if it improves.

I've had my P95 for about a year now and I've never had a problem with it.

Seems like you fixed the FTF by cleaning it. The FTEs are probably due to user error (i.e. limp wristing) or you have a bad extractor.

I almost exclusively shoot cheap/crappy ammo out of it and I've never had a problem in over 1,000 rounds.

tankerman
09-01-2010, 9:35 PM
Nothing surprising here, it's a Ruger.

Ruger = Poorly built and ugly

GM4spd
09-02-2010, 2:21 AM

I hear that. Pete

slobson
09-02-2010, 3:27 AM

I hear that. Pete

OP-pay no attention to the :fud:, yours is the exception not the rule

Rob454
09-02-2010, 4:53 AM
OP-pay no attention to the :fud:, yours is the exception not the rule

This^^^
Ive owned three rugers. P85 P90 P345. NONE of them have ever had any problems. I sold the P90 and P345 because I simply was not shooting them not because they were unreliable. I kept the P85. Ive had that the longest and shot it the most. its been very very reliable. The ONLY time I had a problem was with some PMC ammo I got from turners a long time ago. the gun indented the primers but did not fire. Had no problem with the reloaded ammo I bought at the range other mil sup ammo or bulk reloads or factory new ammo.
My ruger has shot 99.99% of the ammo i put through it with the exception of that one box. but its ok I bought a box of 30-06 from the same maker and it did the same thing.
Rugers may not be the sexiest guns out there but they are reliable. More reliable than some high end guns. They just dont look all tactical high speed low drag

23 Blast
09-02-2010, 4:56 AM
Yeah really. Yes, ruger semiauto pistols are generally ugly, but if there's one thing Ruger has more or less staked their reputation on, it's been reliable, dependable firearms at reasonable prices. I've got 4 Rugers, and unlike many of my other guns, all four have worked darn near flawlessly w/o modifications, right out of the box.

Booshanky
09-02-2010, 5:37 AM

I have a P95 that's finnicky as well. I'm actually the only person I know who can shoot it right. I'll go to the range, give the gun to my friend, and he'll pull the trigger and get a stovepipe or some other malfunction. I'll clear it, fire off two or three rounds without issue, hand it to him, and BOOM, instant malfunction.

Go figure huh?

23 Blast
09-02-2010, 8:00 AM
I have a P95 that's finnicky as well. I'm actually the only person I know who can shoot it right. I'll go to the range, give the gun to my friend, and he'll pull the trigger and get a stovepipe or some other malfunction. I'll clear it, fire off two or three rounds without issue, hand it to him, and BOOM, instant malfunction.

Go figure huh?

Sounds like Ruger is way ahead of the curve with that "DNA recognition software function lock" technology! :D

Further proof that Ruger is kowtowing to the antis!

Boycott! Boycott!

WWDHD?
09-02-2010, 2:00 PM
I bought my P95 last Nov. I noticed it was very tightly put together when I broke it down for cleaning before I shot it the first time. I never had any FTF or eject problems but I did have a few times where the slide didn't lock back on the last round. I was using Rem UMC for the first 200-300 rds. Since then I've only used Winchester or Federal FMJs and its been perfect. I think it takes a few hundred rds to loosen up. I might even try the Rem UMC again to see if it does it again.
Try some other ammo brands and shoot it some more before you send it back. Ruger will take care of you, but they will probably tell you to put a few more rounds through it. This is a great bargain priced gun thats also US made with a lifetime warranty. Enjoy it and good luck.

slobson
09-02-2010, 4:14 PM
Sounds like Ruger is way ahead of the curve with that "DNA recognition software function lock" technology! :D

Further proof that Ruger is kowtowing to the antis!

Boycott! Boycott!

I know your post was tongue in cheek, but that has been one of the few honest criticisms of the company over the years, that old man ruger didn't think civvies were worthy of high capacity mags, although it seems the company has shifted that somewhat since his departure. I hope they continue to do so as buying a high quality product always feels better when its made in America

Nor-Cal
09-02-2010, 6:33 PM
My first handgun is my ruger p95 I've had it since no problems very good gun out of the box and I shoot it very frequently. Let us know how all this works out.

nonosrcng
09-02-2010, 6:51 PM
I just "love" people who wont buy a brand based on its appearance, so they have no idea of what they are talking about< and then bad mouth them for being poorly built. I have 6 Rugers, the newest is 2 months and the oldest is pushing 20 years. NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM! I clean them after every use, I only buy Federal or Winchester when i need to buy. I reload everything else. I have had an Springfield XD40 subcompact for a little over a year and it likes to lock open when its not empty. It needs to be broken in to work out the burs, probably the same goes for your P95. Dont sweat it, it is a quality piece.

barbasol
09-02-2010, 7:03 PM
I have about a thousand rounds through my p95. Never had a problem and my buddy likes it better than his g17 due to reliability. After I cleaned it the first time I didn't have the extractor down and I locked up the slide. I called ruger and they had a tech on the phone in a minute and walked me through how to fix it. Very helpful. Give them a call

morfeeis
09-02-2010, 8:29 PM

if only we had more folks like you the world would be a great place..............................

to blow up. add info or keep moving

cpt_majestic
09-03-2010, 5:18 PM
I'm about at 1000 rds with my sr9 and not one problem

Fishslayer
09-03-2010, 6:36 PM
I would call Ruger customer service. They are known to be top notch.

I had issues with my new KP90 and sent it to Prescott. Turned out to be FOUR bad mags (from two different sources).

El Gato
09-03-2010, 6:41 PM

I think you found your problem...most of the ruger failures to run I see in classes have to do with very dry guns and low power ammo... try some S&B in it... it is usually a bit hotter and runs everything we have...

redhemi
09-03-2010, 8:17 PM
I have 9 handguns and only 1 is not a Ruger. 5 of them are semiautos and all have worked perfect right out of the box. I feed mine mostly Federal or WWB from Walmart. I think like it has been said a real good cleaning and some different ammo might do the trick if not Ruger has one of the best customer services around just give them a call and talk to them if they want to check it out they will send you a prepaid shipper so it won't cost you anything. Oh and beauty is in the eye of the beholder I like the looks of all my Rugers and thats all that matters to me so if somebody thinks their ugly well thats just their bad taste.:rolleyes: Redhemi

cpt_majestic
09-04-2010, 3:40 AM
I have 9 handguns and only 1 is not a Ruger. 5 of them are semiautos and all have worked perfect right out of the box. I feed mine mostly Federal or WWB from Walmart. I think like it has been said a real good cleaning and some different ammo might do the trick if not Ruger has one of the best customer services around just give them a call and talk to them if they want to check it out they will send you a prepaid shipper so it won't cost you anything. Oh and beauty is in the eye of the beholder I like the looks of all my Rugers and thats all that matters to me so if somebody thinks their ugly well thats just their bad taste.:rolleyes: Redhemi

Exactly

Fishslayer
09-04-2010, 8:01 AM
Oh and beauty is in the eye of the beholder I like the looks of all my Rugers and thats all that matters to me so if somebody thinks their ugly well thats just their bad taste.:rolleyes: Redhemi

Yup. I LIKE the looks of the P series. Heavy, substantial, TCB. I think my KP90 is right handsome.:cool:

Now, Ruger's DA wheelguns.... not so much...:rolleyes:

nazgulnarsil
09-04-2010, 9:01 AM
p95 would be awesome if they'd just upgrade the grip to the p345 style.

SamSung
09-04-2010, 12:45 PM
I bought my P95 last Nov. I noticed it was very tightly put together when I broke it down for cleaning before I shot it the first time. I never had any FTF or eject problems but I did have a few times where the slide didn't lock back on the last round. I was using Rem UMC for the first 200-300 rds. Since then I've only used Winchester or Federal FMJs and its been perfect. I think it takes a few hundred rds to loosen up. I might even try the Rem UMC again to see if it does it again.
Try some other ammo brands and shoot it some more before you send it back. Ruger will take care of you, but they will probably tell you to put a few more rounds through it. This is a great bargain priced gun thats also US made with a lifetime warranty. Enjoy it and good luck.

Are you sure about "Lifetime Warranty"? I called them about a malfunction on my P89, they told me to send it in and will charge me accordingly for whatever repair that is needed!

WWDHD?
09-04-2010, 3:02 PM
I just looked in my owners manual for my P95 and your right SamSung, theres nothing specific about a lifetime warranty. On the back of the booklet it says something about complying with the Magnuson-Moss Act and something something bla bla bla... if I read between the lines it looks like they're saying that you have a warranty but we can't say that because we don't want to go out on that limb.
Anyways, I still think Ruger will stand behind anything they sell and fix the guns they make as long as the owner didn't modify or break the gun doing something dumb with it, which is not the case with the OP, a possible defect.
I remember when I was considering buying a Browning BPS shotgun and I couldn't find anything about a warranty. They said on the phone to me that theres nothing in writing but if I break the gun they will fix it. Same thing here? I hope so.

SamSung
09-04-2010, 3:26 PM
Here is the Email response I got from Ruger: when I emailed them about the problem I an having with my P89

Thank you for using the Ruger On-Line Customer Support Request Form.

This e-mail is in response to your question or comment of 07/11/2010
Request No: 66589

Comment / question:

I own this gun since it was new and even when it was newly bought it misfires from time to time, at first I thought it just needs to be broken in, but recently
I notice that it is becoming worse (bullet won't fire) so I decided to use the same bullet on my other gun then it would fire without a problem, if I would have known it is a defect I would have ask about for a repair when it was still new, how can I get it fixed?

Response:
I do not know why your firearm is misfiring; it could be a number of different things. I would recommend you return firearm back to us for repair. You will need to send the complete pistol UPS or FEDEX to: Customer Service 200 Ruger Rd. Prescott Arizona 86301. Please include a note stating the problems you are having with the pistol and the work you would like done. After the pistol has been gone through, an invoice would be sent to you for the exact repair charge. The average turnaround is approx. 3-4 weeks.

If you should need further assistance please call our Service Department at 928/778-6555 between 8:00 - 4:00, Monday thru Friday, at a time convenient for you. A Ruger Representative will be happy to help you.

If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol: (603) 865-2442
Pistols: (928) 778-6555
Serial Number History Information: (603) 865-2424

Please note: This e-mail is sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Ruger Firearms

Flouncer
09-04-2010, 5:01 PM
I purchased my first new handgun in over 15 years, a P-95 and have put just over 9 boxes of 50 through it. I did clean it before I shot it. Not a single misfire or cycling problem. All Federal Eagle except one box of aluminum case. Have you CLEANED it yet ??

slobson
09-04-2010, 5:01 PM
Here is the Email response I got from Ruger: when I emailed them about the problem I an having with my P89

Thank you for using the Ruger On-Line Customer Support Request Form.

This e-mail is in response to your question or comment of 07/11/2010
Request No: 66589

Comment / question:

I own this gun since it was new and even when it was newly bought it misfires from time to time, at first I thought it just needs to be broken in, but recently
I notice that it is becoming worse (bullet won't fire) so I decided to use the same bullet on my other gun then it would fire without a problem, if I would have known it is a defect I would have ask about for a repair when it was still new, how can I get it fixed?

Response:
I do not know why your firearm is misfiring; it could be a number of different things. I would recommend you return firearm back to us for repair. You will need to send the complete pistol UPS or FEDEX to: Customer Service 200 Ruger Rd. Prescott Arizona 86301. Please include a note stating the problems you are having with the pistol and the work you would like done. After the pistol has been gone through, an invoice would be sent to you for the exact repair charge. The average turnaround is approx. 3-4 weeks.

If you should need further assistance please call our Service Department at 928/778-6555 between 8:00 - 4:00, Monday thru Friday, at a time convenient for you. A Ruger Representative will be happy to help you.

If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol: (603) 865-2442
Pistols: (928) 778-6555
Serial Number History Information: (603) 865-2424

Please note: This e-mail is sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Ruger Firearms

I would call the pistol number and keep raising hell up the food chain until I got an acceptable answer

WWDHD?
09-04-2010, 8:52 PM
Wait, wasn't this about a P95 problem and now we're on to a P89?
After 57 posts of what should be/could be done posts I want to know what happened to the OP P95. Then I want to know what was done about this P89 of SamSung.
All I know for sure about Ruger repair and warranty is when I bought my SP101 15 years ago is bound up on me so I sent it back and they fixed it. Perfect since. I had to send in my GP100 after close to 2 years of ownership because there was a hitch in the cylinder rotation and Ruger fixed it, no charge. Perfect ever since.
What happened to the case that started this!