PDA

View Full Version : calguns noob with a question

calichingon00
08-30-2010, 4:37 PM
Hello everyone I had to move back to california from arizona (wife made me:()and was forced to sell my bushmaster lower and buy a rockriver lower.
The problem I have is that my rock river doesnt mate up perfectly to my upper there is about small gap near the rear take down pin and the hole for the pin is about 1/8 of an inch off. can i get this machined to fit or do I have to buy a new lower? thanks for youre time and I look forward to shareing information with all of you
-mondo

Wicked Pete
08-30-2010, 6:00 PM
Welcome to CGN. This might be the wrong forum for your technical question, I would try the Centerfire Rifles Forum. Persons there might know about your issue. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Ed_Hazard
08-30-2010, 6:06 PM
Their have been some issues withe the tolerances on both RRA and DPMS lowers when trying to mate them onto non brand uppers. My advise would be to either use your RRA lower to build another rifle, or sell it and buy a diffeent lower. For use w/a Bushmaster upper I would go with Stag arms. I bought a Stag stripped lower to use my BM upper on when I replaced it w/a LH upper on my RAW. Ed

wolfclan
08-30-2010, 11:13 PM
welcome

calichingon00
08-31-2010, 12:24 AM
thanks to all for the warm welcom and thanks for the insight ed Im going to go check out some gun shops tomorrow and look at stag lower to mate to my bushy upper now i just need to explain to the wife why i need to build another ar:confused: