PDA

View Full Version : Buy your SKS now

hoffmang
05-10-2006, 5:27 PM
Krauseworks in San Mateo only has 2 left. I would suggest purchasing your SKS now to make sure you have legal standing should the magazine be redefined.

The one I just purchased is a nice Soviet Russian one with the stars and CCCP on the side. I'm now shopping for folding/telescoping stocks.

This shopping list brought to you by CA DOJ.

thedrickel
05-10-2006, 5:36 PM
Yeah right, who cares about junky SKS that dont shoot for sh*t. Top of my list is a few more FAL receivers. . . god only knows how much I'll cry if DSA, DCI, Entreprise and Century get listed.

sintax
05-10-2006, 5:46 PM
The one I just purchased is a nice Soviet Russian one with the stars and CCCP on the side. I'm now shopping for folding/telescoping stocks.

If you put a retarded stock on a Russian SKS i'll personally track you down and club you with it. I'd be happy to trade you one of my Yugos so you can bastardize one of those.

Its like taking a prestine Hemi cuda and ripping the engine out in favor of a chevy...

shopkeep
05-10-2006, 5:59 PM
There's no reason to use anything other than a cheap Norinco SKS to put Tapco stocks on.

the_quark
05-10-2006, 6:19 PM
If you put a retarded stock on a Russian SKS i'll personally track you down and club you with it. I'd be happy to trade you one of my Yugos so you can bastardize one of those.

Its like taking a prestine Hemi cuda and ripping the engine out in favor of a chevy...

I saw hoffmang's, it is pretty. Nice thing about buying a nicer one is that if they don't do anything stupid, at least you have a nice rifle.

Also, just because stocks are removed doesn't mean they're destroyed. Hoffmang could store his old stocks for the day when the legalities aren't an issue.

VeryCoolCat
05-10-2006, 6:23 PM
I don't really like the SKS... in fact I don't like top-loading rifles with fixed mags. Its just me, I got stubby fingers.

the_quark
05-10-2006, 6:27 PM
I don't really like the SKS... in fact I don't like top-loading rifles with fixed mags. Its just me, I got stubby fingers.

No, I understand your hesitation - I had a roomie with an SKS in the early '90s, and it left me cold. But, I do like the historic value of the Russian ones, and it should be a servicable little rifle. I bought one at the same time hoffmang did :D

Rascal
05-10-2006, 7:20 PM
Yeah right, who cares about junky SKS that dont shoot for sh*t. Top of my list is a few more FAL receivers. . . god only knows how much I'll cry if DSA, DCI, Entreprise and Century get listed.

It doesn't sound like you have actually shot an SKS. The SKS actually shoots quite well. It's not a tack driver, but I can take a man size target out at 200 yards all day long with one.

onley11
05-10-2006, 7:27 PM
My junky yugo shoots 2-3 moa consistantly. And has never malfunctioned-or been cleaned.:rolleyes:

PanzerAce
05-10-2006, 7:33 PM
My junky yugo shoots 2-3 moa consistantly. And has never malfunctioned-or been cleaned.:rolleyes:

and thats the reason I got the NDS-3, and will be getting an SKS over the summer, cause I am really lazy, and for general plinking, I really dont care how well it shoots (plus, Ill get a Rem 700 PSS for that kind of stuff)

Crazed_SS
05-10-2006, 7:50 PM
I honestly dont think SKS would be made illegal if they had to change the definition of a fixed mag. SKS's are designed to have fixed magazines in the first place and that's how the come from the factory. ARs are not. Putting a detachable magazine on a SKS or owning a those Sporters with detachable mags are considered AWs anyway so the DOJ has that covered.

NeoWeird
05-10-2006, 8:01 PM
oh noes!!1!1

My black powder revolver's cylinder can be taken out. IT'S AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE IS REMOVABLE!

OMG!!11! AW thru teh mali!11!1

Thanks DOJ, maybe now I can upgrade to a Mateba..... :rolleyes:

PanzerAce
05-10-2006, 8:02 PM
Thanks DOJ, maybe now I can upgrade to a Mateba..... :rolleyes:

you have no idea how much I want to atleast see one of those in person, much less shoot or own.

hoffmang
05-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Don't get me wrong. The real Soviet stock with the star in it is really F-n cool and the missus and I are both huge history buffs. (Let me tell you about my Harper's Ferry...)

I will do nothing destructive to the Russian. I just need to make sure I have standing in the regulatory process and other places.

Plus - after the smoke clears, its damn cool to have watched the wall come down as a late teen and now own a piece of the threat.

Seems like an ironic piece of leftist "Che" style token for a guy who is jokingly called a capitalist pig to his own face.