PDA

View Full Version : california legal ar-15

joshhouse82
05-10-2006, 4:43 PM
will you keep your cali leagal ar the way it is right now and continue to shoot it or are you going to do what the doj hopes you will and disassemble it or sell it?

shopkeep
05-10-2006, 5:35 PM
Until they inform me that it is unlawful for me to have a magazine that "requires the use of a tool to remove" then I will continue to enjoy my fixed magazine rifles. There is no indication that they are any more or less serious about this memo than the last one.

In the event that they do change the regulation I will convert my rifles to detachable magazine gripless configuration and hire an attorney. I will _NOT_ be deprivated of my lawfully possessed property.

Pablo
05-10-2006, 11:19 PM
3 people have vote for "play the doj's game and disassemble or sell!!!!" so far, I wonder who they are...

megavolt121
05-10-2006, 11:21 PM
3 people have vote for "play the doj's game and disassemble or sell!!!!" so far, I wonder who they are...

IGGY!... BILL!

blkA4alb
05-10-2006, 11:45 PM
IGGY!... BILL!
And Pryde :)

grammaton76
05-11-2006, 12:13 AM
I think "disassemble or sell" should have been two seperate options. I can see someone who rarely shoots deciding that they're going to disassemble it rather than hurrying up and buying an SRB or whatnot - that's not being a chicken, it's just assessing the risk and deciding to wait and see. On the other hand, folks who up and sell are just chickens.

yiha
05-11-2006, 12:35 AM
i have to admit ive disasembled mine. Allthough you might be right on that it would never work in trial etc, i can not afford the time or effort to engage in such risks. besides, i have other guns that can be shot while i arrange to move to nevada :cool:

wuhungsix
05-11-2006, 1:11 AM
Hell I just bought a whole Stag from CWS the day of the memo(2 hrs before the release). Call me chicken but its coming with a pinned mag and I think I will wait a little while until I take it out to the range in this configuration. Not sure if I should get the SRB from Buh-Bye. However I'm definately not selling my stock pile of three lowers.

shopkeep
05-11-2006, 1:15 AM
Hell I just bought a whole Stag from CWS the day of the memo(2 hrs before the release). Call me chicken but its coming with a pinned mag and I think I will wait a little while until I take it out to the range in this configuration. Not sure if I should get the SRB from Buh-Bye. However I'm definately not selling my stock pile of three lowers.

You GOTTA have at least one SRB rifle. The ironic part is that I've never taken my SRB rifle to the range before because somehow I thought it was more grey area then my fixed mag builds. Shows ya what I know :)! As of 5/8/06 the DOJ has not only said my SRB rifle is lawful but has given it the seal of approval j/k!

wuhungsix
05-11-2006, 1:52 AM
You GOTTA have at least one SRB rifle. The ironic part is that I've never taken my SRB rifle to the range before because somehow I thought it was more grey area then my fixed mag builds. Shows ya what I know :)! As of 5/8/06 the DOJ has not only said my SRB rifle is lawful but has given it the seal of approval j/k!

I dunno but I don't really like the SRB route. I know you can do more with an AR but if I had a SRB AR and a Keltec SU-16 sitting side by side in a safe I would pick the Keltec to take to the range. I got super long fingers so I could make the SRB work but I would rather keep my AR with a pistol grip and fixed mag via Mag lock kit. The idea of welding is horrible so if it came down to it I would still get the SRB.

kick Z tail out
05-11-2006, 3:43 AM
Hell, I haven't even finished mine yet. I'll be damned if they're going to keep me from shooting it now, after all their BS. :D

SRB?

wuhungsix
05-11-2006, 3:51 AM
SRB?

Spring Retaining Bracket...you know...to go gripless and detachable.

gh429
05-11-2006, 11:38 AM

Hey good point, before the new memo I had thought the SRB build would have higher risk!

However I will be one of the guys disassembling. I will remove the pistol grip to go to the range, I am not risking prosecution with a sporting conversion...

That said, my opinion of the law is to know the law and to act according to risk. Personally I think you GOTTA have at least one SBR (at least stored in your safe hehe). But taking something controversial out to certain ranges is to high risk at this point...