View Full Version : Altering for CA compliance and safety liability

05-10-2006, 3:29 PM
Just sitting here thinking. If the CADOJ is requiring us to permanently alter our firearms, are they willing to be liable for what these alterations may do to the functionality and safety of the firearm? Let's say I epoxy the mag well shut, and for whatever reason, the firearm explodes when I fire it. Can I sue the CADOJ for making me alter my firearm?

05-10-2006, 3:33 PM
Probably not.... you are building your own firearm.... and if you do something stupid... you are the one liable.... they didn't put that firearm into your hands... you do it yourself....

05-10-2006, 3:51 PM
The ambulance chaser will have to prove that the upper blowing up in your face was due to welding a mag into the lower.

05-10-2006, 4:07 PM
This frame of mind is pointless and counter productive. We are not ambulance chasers by nature. We accept responsiblity for our own actions. Hold the DOJ responsible for their actions. Fight them for what they are doing, not because you think they made you buy a firearm that was unsafe. This is the same logic that blames firearms manufacturers for the actions of criminals.

Move on to other trains of thought. Theoretically it is unsound and practically you don't have a chance in hell of winning this court battle.