PDA

View Full Version : There are now four tiers of AR-15 rifles, which one is your rifle?

shopkeep
05-10-2006, 1:04 PM
Well according to the latest memo, not only are there indeed multiple tiers of AR-15 Assault Weapons, but there are also multiple classifications of lawfully possessed AR-15 rifles as well.

please note in writting this post I discovered there were actually 8 tiers not 4.

Tier 1 - AR-15 rifles that were registered under the original 1989 Robert Roos ban back in 1989
Tier 2 - AR-15 rifles that were not on the Kasler list but were registered in 1999 due to Caegory 3 features
Tier 3 - AR-15 rifles that were registered as Category 2 rifles
Tier 4 - AR-15 rifles that ARE on the Kasler list but are NOT Assault Weapons because the magazine is welded in a manner approved by the DOJ
Tier 5 - AR-15 rifles that are NOT on the Kasler list but are NOT Assault Weapons because the magazine is welded or the magazine is fixed in a manner approved by the DOJ
Tier 6 - AR-15 rifles that are NOT on the Kasler list but ARE Assault Weapons because the magazine is fixed in a manner NOT approved by the DOJ.
Tier 7 - AR-15 rifles that are NOT on the Kasler list and are NOT Assault Weapons because they have no Category 3 features and have a detachable magazine
Tier 8 - AR-15 rifles that are NOT on the Kasler list and MAY be an Assault Weapon because a dedicated .22 rimfire upper is installed.

See, it's easy :)! Now lets just see how much more sophisticated and complex this thing gets after a few more rounds of this. If the DOJ thinks they can outsmart gun enthusiasts who have 24/7 365 days a year to dream up new ways of getting these rifles into the state and built up lawfully they are WRONG.

Joe
05-10-2006, 1:08 PM
sounds easy to understand to me :rolleyes:

Bimmerworld
05-10-2006, 1:12 PM
Remember.

The odd numbered tiers are nullified when you place your rifles inside a DOJ approved jade monkey idol triangle and recite the ancient prayer before midnight on a full moon.

WokMaster1
05-10-2006, 1:42 PM
I've got the one that the DOJ said I shouldn't be allowed to have. enough said, Iggy's reading....:D

grammaton76
05-10-2006, 2:31 PM
Tier 6 - AR-15 rifles that are NOT on the Kasler list but ARE Assault Weapons because the magazine is fixed in a manner NOT approved by the DOJ.

1x, although only after they actually update their definition of detachable mag. At which point I may be half tempted to go, "Well, if this sporting conversion kit's a felony, I may as well install the original button."

Tier 7 - AR-15 rifles that are NOT on the Kasler list and are NOT Assault Weapons because they have no Category 3 features and have a detachable magazine.

1x

You forgot tier 8: 22LR. 1x.

vonsmith
05-10-2006, 3:06 PM
Sorry, I'm confused. I ran out of fingers at Tier 5. :(

=vonsmith=