PDA

View Full Version : Second call with DOJ, was given suggestion

jemaddux
05-10-2006, 1:15 PM
Funny enough but a unnamed DOJ person gave me a suggestion of everyone sitting down and writing five, ten or what ever letters a day to force them to deal with this. State your concerns regarding the first memo, second memo, SB23 def of detachable mag and so on. Right now the field agents were given a memo on what they were to say, like they don't agree with any of us even knowing they do and know we are right (off record stated). DOJ said they are now left in the cold to have to deal with us. Now if they had thousands and thousands of letters coming in they would have to take a look at everything and be forced to do their job.:D

Start you pens, computers or what ever you have and start filling their office with questions. Send them to the woman in charge (someone is going to have to help me with the name but I think shes the Assit AG but not poss, was just told the woman in charge and they are not allowed to give names out):eek:

Firearms Division
P.O. Box 820200
Sacramento, CA 94203-0200

DSA_FAL
05-10-2006, 1:22 PM
Send them to the woman in charge (someone is going to have to help me with the name but I think shes the Assit AG but not poss, was just told the woman in charge and they are not allowed to give names out)

Wouldn't that be Allison Merilees?

crzpete
05-10-2006, 1:25 PM
can we have a letter posted so that we can print and mailed out with our names or that we can easly modify, just to make it easy for all of us

xenophobe
05-10-2006, 1:26 PM
I'd have to agree.... 10,000 letters asking how to fix a magazine, 10,000 letters asking if their CA Legal FAL is now an AW... 10,000 letters asking for receiver status on other brands....

Bring the DOJ to their knees! ;)

blacklisted
05-10-2006, 1:26 PM
An 10,000 letters asking what's for lunch

I think it's taco bell today

Evil Gun
05-10-2006, 1:32 PM
I'd have to agree.... 10,000 letters asking how to fix a magazine, 10,000 letters asking if their CA Legal FAL is now an AW... 10,000 letters asking for receiver status on other brands....

;)That is how things get done in a participatory democracy. Let them know we want answers and not vague memos. Don't forget-they work for us.

crzpete
05-10-2006, 1:34 PM
That is how things get done in a participatory democracy. Let them know we want answers and not vague memos. Don't forget-they work for us.

yeah!!!! let's make a 3rd call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and 4th , 5th and............

bwiese
05-10-2006, 1:35 PM
All this inquiry is good up to a point.

If you call the main DOJ office, their message notes that other than for gov't organizations "they do not give legal advice".

Inundation with letters may well end up with boilerplate responses, "contact your own lawyer."

vonsmith
05-10-2006, 1:44 PM
I strongly suggest keeping the letters polite and sincere even if you are yanking their chain. Submitting "brain teaser" questions about real scenarios would be great. I wouldn't be sarcastic or combative. After all they are just doing their jobs.

=vonsmith=

jemaddux
05-10-2006, 1:49 PM
All this inquiry is good up to a point.

If you call the main DOJ office, their message notes that other than for gov't organizations "they do not give legal advice".

Inundation with letters may well end up with boilerplate responses, "contact your own lawyer."

Don't agree with you on this one Bill. You call in and all they do is basicly screen the call and say what is on the memo in front of them to say. You have a lawyer write a letter for you the lawyer makes some money for writing the letter but how many are really going to do that. Now address a few letters with your concerns and have everyone you know do a few letters next thing you know you have 20,000 letters sitting there just before an election needing to be taken care of, send the same to the Governor and make it clear we want clear answers and want them now. I have never been one for making others fight my fights, I will start sending letters and email to a point of as many that I can a day. We all do this together and things get noticed.:D

rssslvr
05-10-2006, 1:57 PM
I would gladly send half a dozen letters or so.We should have several letters that can be printed out.Maybe one for how this will affect FALs,One for SKSs,one for ARs,one for AKs,one asking what is an acceptabel way of attaching the mags ect..If everyone on this forum sent 1 letter for each type of receiver or rifle that they purchased it would probably be more than 10,000 leters

bg
05-10-2006, 1:58 PM
It might work, but pressing the DOJ with a bunch of
letters might confuse them more. As you can see they
ARE working on it...

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/The-Three-Stooges-oversized-postcard-Poster-Card-C10204510.jpeg

Sometimes ya just gotta take a break. No offense meant, but I couldn't resist.

Leadthrower
05-10-2006, 2:14 PM
I'm game for anything to help the "Cause"! Do we need to send them certified to the DOJ, or is First-class ok? I'm gonna get typing now...:D

rssslvr
05-10-2006, 2:14 PM
Maybe if we sent enough letters they would all quit their jobs due to stress:D

rssslvr
05-10-2006, 2:19 PM
I don't know if everyone writing their own is a good idea.Someone who can word them very well should write generic ones that can be filled out with different names and diferent brands of receivers so that it can be used by anyone that wants to send a letter.Just my opinion

jemaddux
05-10-2006, 2:30 PM
I don't know if everyone writing their own is a good idea.Someone who can word them very well should write generic ones that can be filled out with different names and diferent brands of receivers so that it can be used by anyone that wants to send a letter.Just my opinion

I agree, lets get a few letters together and post them for people to send and keep sending until we are noticed.

Leadthrower
05-10-2006, 2:40 PM

What about other weapons other than the AR's, AK's, SKS's, Mini-14/30, M14, Mp-5/G-3/PSG-1/MSG-1 Clones, M96 Rifle and last but not least the FAL? Are we to write "umbrella" letters that aren't specific to any rifle type, or specifically about the rifle types in question?

TKo_Productions
05-10-2006, 2:49 PM
What about other weapons other than the AR's, AK's, SKS's, Mini-14/30, M14, Mp-5/G-3/PSG-1/MSG-1 Clones, M96 Rifle and last but not least the FAL? Are we to write "umbrella" letters that aren't specific to any rifle type, or specifically about the rifle types in question?

No umbrella letters, lets flood them with as many letters as possible. One letter for every rifle you've mentioned. :D

rssslvr
05-10-2006, 2:52 PM
I agree that seperate letters for each rifle in question would be better

Leadthrower
05-10-2006, 2:52 PM
No umbrella letters, lets flood them with as many letters as possible. One letter for every rifle you've mentioned. :D

Man....that's a lot of letters on my part! Well it'll be worth it.

rssslvr
05-10-2006, 2:54 PM
I would need to send atleast 10

rssslvr
05-10-2006, 2:57 PM
We just need a volunteer to write the generic letters

bu-bye
05-10-2006, 3:01 PM
We just need a volunteer to write the generic letters

I can think of one good person and I think we all know who he is :D

I word document the we can fill out and send away. Now, what about sending a copy to the media. For every letter we send to the DOJ lets send one to the Media like a CC. You know that if the LA Times gets 10,000 letter about the DOJ they are going to look into it and lets notify the DOJ that we are sending letters to the LA times. It has to be a big media group and we all have to pick one or two and only send it to them. Lets have everyone spend $10-20 in stamps and send letters to both.

rssslvr
05-10-2006, 3:08 PM

I word document the we can fill out and send away. Now, what about sending a copy to the media. For every letter we send to the DOJ lets send one to the Media like a CC. You know that if the LA Times gets 10,000 letter about the DOJ they are going to look into it and lets notify the DOJ that we are sending letters to the LA times. It has to be a big media group and we all have to pick one or two and only send it to them. Lets have everyone spend $10-20 in stamps and send letters to both.

I agree with you that we should send them to the media as well.Hopefully the someone you are talking about will volunteer:D

Leadthrower
05-10-2006, 3:37 PM

Make sure to send lots of letters to the S.F. Papers because most hate firearms with extreme prejudice. We need to make them (DOJ) look bad for not doing their jobs, and obstructing the flow of these so very evil rifles...

Major Miner II
05-10-2006, 3:44 PM
Make sure to send lots of letters to the S.F. Papers because most hate firearms with extreme prejudice. We need to make them (DOJ) look bad for not doing their jobs, and obstructing the flow of these so very evil rifles...
Problem is, there is now so much information out there about the loophole people have been trying to exploit, any reporter worth 1/2 a grain of salt and runs a basic Internet search will figure out what's really going on.

jemaddux
05-10-2006, 4:04 PM
Problem is, there is now so much information out there about the loophole people have been trying to exploit, any reporter worth 1/2 a grain of salt and runs a basic Internet search will figure out what's really going on.

And what is going on? 30k plus DOJ approved by memo ARs have entered the state and now the DOJ is trying to run and hide from its mistake. All you have to do is search for the memo and when it doesn't show up just hit cache and the old stored version will show up. I have my wife working on some letters and when they are done I will post them. I will put my money where my mouth is and try to get this running. Buy $45.00 dollars in stamps and envelopes and you have hundred letters to bug DOJ with, each one of us does that and it goes into the hundred thousands showing up right before an election. And on the election note these should also ht the Governors office.

thmpr
05-10-2006, 4:21 PM
And what is going on? 30k plus DOJ approved by memo ARs have entered the state and now the DOJ is trying to run and hide from its mistake. All you have to do is search for the memo and when it doesn't show up just hit cache and the old stored version will show up. I have my wife working on some letters and when they are done I will post them. I will put my money where my mouth is and try to get this running. Buy $45.00 dollars in stamps and envelopes and you have hundred letters to bug DOJ with, each one of us does that and it goes into the hundred thousands showing up right before an election. And on the election note these should also ht the Governors office.

Just bought my sets of stamps.... Bring it on!!!

supdawg
05-10-2006, 4:25 PM
Yes..yes...that is a wonderful idea..........FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Ford8N
05-10-2006, 5:51 PM
Make a copy for your state representative too. The DOJ responds to inquiries from the hand that feeds them.

Don't forget to ask the NRA what they are going to do too.

hung380
05-10-2006, 7:49 PM
we'er going to make the post office rich:)

PanzerAce
05-10-2006, 8:10 PM
Yes..yes...that is a wonderful idea..........FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Get the F*ck out of this thread. If you dont like the idea, than either tell us why or dont say anything.

jemaddux
05-10-2006, 8:11 PM
we'er going to make the post office rich:)

I would rather make them rich then DOJ. I just got home and I am going to sit here and start working on some drafts. I hope in the next couple days I will have a few this up to send. If anyone else is good at writing it would be great if you could jump in here.:D

metalhead357
05-10-2006, 9:35 PM
I'm game for anything to help the "Cause"! Do we need to send them certified to the DOJ, or is First-class ok? I'm gonna get typing now...:D

Hey folks...send them ALL "Signature Confirmation":eek: Ol' whomever wont be able to ever look at a pen without crying after writing her name 35,000 times:D

MysteryCereal
05-10-2006, 10:04 PM
I throw my hat in for support on this one. I am NOT above buying $20 worth of stamps and sending out letters. But I am too lazy to write them all. SO whenever some nice generic ones come out, I'll be more then happy to send off 40 or so letters. It's the least I can do after you have all helped me so much with all the great info in this forum. I'll tell everyone I know :-D