PDA

View Full Version : California Public Records Act

Choptop
05-10-2006, 11:51 AM
http://www.cfac.org/Law//CPRA/Q&A/explanatory_q&a.html

http://www.cfac.org/Law/CPRA/Text/cpra_text.html

anyone want to request the documents outlining the DOJ's legal standing on the new memo? Assuming they consulted with their lawyers before publishing it :D ?

Major Miner II
05-10-2006, 11:57 AM
http://www.cfac.org/Law//CPRA/Q&A/explanatory_q&a.html

http://www.cfac.org/Law/CPRA/Text/cpra_text.html

anyone want to request the documents outlining the DOJ's legal standing on the new memo? Assuming they consulted with their lawyers before publishing it :D ?
Oh FFS.

You're not entitled to what you're asking for using CPRA.

Choptop
05-10-2006, 11:57 AM
under what provision of the CPRA am I not entitled to the info?

Choptop
05-10-2006, 11:59 AM
and drop the Oh FFS stuff.. its a legitimate question.

Major Miner II
05-10-2006, 12:06 PM
and drop the Oh FFS stuff.. its a legitimate question.
No it's not.

Have you ever read the stuff or just posting links?

How about this for a start:

Q: Which exemptions from disclosure are most frequently used by public agencies?

A: There are six exemptions within the CPRA which appear to be the most commonly used, in part because they can arise in a wide variety of circumstances. The six are:

Preliminary and temporary drafts, notes and memoranda
Pending litigation documents
Private personal information
Investigative, security and intelligence information
Privileged and otherwise confidential information
The public interest balancing testI work for a public agency. The CPRA does not just give you blanket access to stuff. FOIA doesn't work like that either.

Choptop
05-10-2006, 12:09 PM
No it's not.

Have you ever read the stuff or just posting links?

How about this for a start:

Q: Which exemptions from disclosure are most frequently used by public agencies?

A: There are six exemptions within the CPRA which appear to be the most commonly used, in part because they can arise in a wide variety of circumstances. The six are:

Preliminary and temporary drafts, notes and memoranda
Pending litigation documents
Private personal information
Investigative, security and intelligence information
Privileged and otherwise confidential information
The public interest balancing testI work for a public agency. The CPRA does not just give you blanket access to stuff. FOIA doesn't work like that either.

Working public agency gives or takes away no credence whatsoever to this discussion... I work for one as well.

Yes, i have read the full text and the FAQ's about the CPRA

which exepmtion do you feel the documents used to formuate the new memo, and discovery of legal standing for the memo would fall under?

Simple question, now asked twice.

Major Miner II
05-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Working public agency gives or takes away no credence whatsoever to this discussion... I work for one as well.

Yes, i have read the full text and the FAQ's about the CPRA

which exepmtion do you feel the documents used to formuate the new memo, and discovery of legal standing for the memo would fall under?

Simple question, now asked twice. Except that I deal with CPRA requests all the time.

And did you miss the bullet next to: Preliminary and temporary drafts, notes and memoranda

ETA: It may not hold up in court, but it's going to be your dime to find out! ;)

socalguns
05-10-2006, 12:18 PM
good luck -- they probably destroyed all the research, something the IRS does regularly

Choptop
05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
No bullet points missed.

despite your snippy tone, you have put me on a different tact as far as the CPRA goes, so thank you for a moment to reflect on how i should put in my request.

While I do not deal with CPRA requests, I am required to be aware of the possibility that most of the documents and media that I produce could be called up under provisions of the CPRA. So i am not totally unfamiliar with it, despite your insinuations.

Good day sir.

Major Miner II
05-10-2006, 12:23 PM
No bullet points missed.

despite your snippy tone, you have put me on a different tact as far as the CPRA goes, so thank you for a moment to reflect on how i should put in my request.

While I do not deal with CPRA requests, I am required to be aware of the possibility that most of the documents and media that I produce could be called up under provisions of the CPRA. So i am not totally unfamiliar with it, despite your insinuations.

Good day sir.
Good day to you! ;)