PDA

View Full Version : 3 year old shoots man dead.

Major Miner II
05-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Stories like this always help the cause.

http://www.nbc11.com/news/9180755/detail.html

USE YOUR ****ING SAFES PEOPLE. :mad:

five.five-six
05-09-2006, 10:23 PM
the whole thing sounds a bit fishey, probably a 50/50 chance that the kid pulled the trigger. illegal imagrants are prety untrusting of police officals. seriously, they had a inturpreter but sill could not make out who was married to who.... do not think we are getting the whole storry but that will not keep the left wing media fom making somthing up

accordingtoome
05-09-2006, 10:41 PM
sounds like a set up to me.. someone prob shot that guyand blamed it on the kid.. its not the first time this has happened

crzpete
05-09-2006, 10:41 PM
My son is 2 Ĺ and my wife and I did a safety test with my Beretta 92, (please note that we keep all our guns locked and stored separate from the ammunition, we try to keep our household as safe as possible for guest and specially our son) With the gun complete unloaded and with no magazine and me holding the gun and pointing at a safe place, my son was unable to pull the trigger.

Now I know that all kids and toddlers are not the same but he was no even close on making the trigger move at all! Now I canít remember how many pounds it takes to pull a stock trigger on a Beretta 92 but also different guns have different trigger pulls.

This really make me sad and scares the hell out of me. Now that I am a father stories like this really affects me immensely.

Keep your guns safe!

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/19/Tampabay/A_loaded_gun__a_shot_.shtml

NeoWeird
05-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Because ALL husbands just go to work and return several days later with no contact with the family. :rolleyes:

Please, this story has BS written ALL over it. A really simple test would be simply to trace the bullet's trajectory from entrance wound to destination/exit wound; if it's from low to high it is possible the bullet came from a lower position (not necessarily from the child) but if it is level then you can rule the baby out entirely (unless he also learned how to jump three times his height while he was at it). I also find it fishy that there is company company over, and only one of the group of ~6 adults there is a man. It is possible, but rarely when a family gathering is happening is there a man alone, unless they are the only ones who will be there. Sounds like there were other men there who left/fled.

What REALLY bothers me is that they interviewed the people and could not even tell you if they were married. It also sounds like the person is having trouble defining who all the people were, I would not be surprised if I saw "the baby's mother's father's daughter's husband's cousin's nephew's, etc" mumbo jumbo. I also find it VERY hard to believe that a child at that age would be left alone to wander freely, but on top of that could open a bedroom door, then a closet, and find a hidden pistol when the 'partner' of the gun's owner didn't even know it was there when she USED that closet on a regular basis.

Of course that won't matter, and the stupid ****ing public is going to buy any media BS they hear.

jdberger
05-10-2006, 12:32 AM
If you look at the links to the right of the story, they link to the NRA (twice), Brady and the FBI among others.

Both NRA sites are heavy on steps to take regarding gun safety.

The Brady site is just a bunch of hysterical press releases. No links to safety.

Hooray for the NRA.

TKo_Productions
05-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Thats it, we need a statewide ban on 3 year olds:
The Legislature hereby finds and declares that three year olds posses a threat to the health, safety, and security of all citizens of this state. The Legislature has restricted the existence of three year olds based upon finding that each child has such a high capacity to kill that their function as a legitimate aspect of society is substantially outweighed by the danger that they pose to other human beings.

NeoWeird
05-10-2006, 12:55 AM
Next thing you know they are going to blame the "new" (oh God please spare me) A.I. 'killer' strain on guns. It's funny how you never hear ANYONE being called a bad parent in the news. Baby dies from cocaine poisoning through breast milk = "tradgic accident." Baby dies from being left in a car = "neglect". Baby gets brain damage from being beaten repeatidly = "anger issues". Baby over fed to severe obesity = free trip to New York every other quarter to appear on Maury. Never once does ANYONE say "No, you're just a bad parent." I hate how now EVERYTHING is blammed on someone else; there is NO responsability in our society. A murder kills someone, well it wasn't his fault, it was his background. A robber knocks off several banks, well it was his drug addictions. Why can't we just point the fingre at the guilty person and say "No, YOU ****ed up. YOU are the sorry excuse of life that casued this. YOU are the failure that needs to be beat with a braided electrical cord."

You know, I hate to joke about something serious like this, but it would be kind of hard for the anit-gunners to claim guns are baby killers now.

EBWhite
05-10-2006, 2:03 AM
I have an idea. Keep the loaded gun out of a childs reach, hidden....Up high , somewhere they cannot get to it at...When they become old enough 4 or so, teach them never to touch a gun, EVER unless you are there. if they ever touch it, smack them good....

accordingtoome
05-10-2006, 2:06 AM
Because ALL husbands just go to work and return several days later with no contact with the family. :rolleyes:

Please, this story has BS written ALL over it. A really simple test would be simply to trace the bullet's trajectory from entrance wound to destination/exit wound; if it's from low to high it is possible the bullet came from a lower position (not necessarily from the child) but if it is level then you can rule the baby out entirely (unless he also learned how to jump three times his height while he was at it). I also find it fishy that there is company company over, and only one of the group of ~6 adults there is a man. It is possible, but rarely when a family gathering is happening is there a man alone, unless they are the only ones who will be there. Sounds like there were other men there who left/fled.

Of course that won't matter, and the stupid ****ing public is going to buy any media BS they hear.

i say BS to that... what if there is a midget in the family ?? HUH.?? didn't think of that did you ..

jk hahaha

joel1316
05-10-2006, 6:49 AM
I second that a child would not be able to pull the trigger on a double action revolver. I had a cap gun that had about the same trigger pull as a revolver and my son (3 years old at the time) could not pull the trigger.

ohsmily
05-10-2006, 7:40 AM
the whole thing sounds a bit fishey, probably a 50/50 chance that the kid pulled the trigger. illegal imagrants are prety untrusting of police officals. seriously, they had a inturpreter but sill could not make out who was married to who.... do not think we are getting the whole storry but that will not keep the left wing media fom making somthing up

Are you sure you are not an illegal immigrant?

bountyhunter
05-10-2006, 3:08 PM
the whole thing sounds a bit fishey, probably a 50/50 chance that the kid pulled the trigger.

They showed the gun on our news. It was a Charter Arms snub revolver. At least a 12 pound DA pull, no 3-year old on earth could have pulled it unless the gun had already been cocked first.

This whole story sounds like BS and today they said the guy took off for Mexico with his girlfriend, so I have my doubts the kid did anything.

Suspected Gang Member Sought In Toddler Shooting
Save It E-mail It Print It
(AP) ALAMEDA Police searched Wednesday for a suspected gang member who allegedly owned the loaded .38-caliber pistol used in a fatal Alameda shooting by his 3-year-old nephew.

Eddy "Jovani" Silva, 24, owned the gun the toddler used in Monday's accidental shooting at the two-bedroom apartment where he lived with the boy and his family, according to Alameda Police Lt. David Boersma.

Silva, an alleged gang member, may be armed and traveling to Mexico with his girlfriend, 18-year-old Myriam Rebecca Mendoza, Boersma said. Silva, the victim's cousin, is wanted for questioning.

ajwells
05-10-2006, 3:28 PM
A friend of mine grew up in a really bad area in LA and his brother and friends always had guns and were in gangs and the like.

His brother, although always flashing his gun around and leaving it places, always shielded him from violence and danger and stuff like that, he didn't even know what a gun did. (Well to a degree he did, but didn't really know that someone would die if you shot them). So when he was 6 or 7 he came running out of his brothers room with his pistol, which was loaded, and tried to shoot his brother, just playing around, but could not pull the trigger no matter how hard he tried. He then proceeded to get the **** kicked out of him for about 30 mins.

So, this story seems a little off to me.

Charliegone
05-10-2006, 6:03 PM
Are you sure you are not an illegal immigrant?

I'm sure you are a spelling Nazi.:D (you did take the test right?)

Anyways, I have tested this on my 4yr nephew and I can tell you it would be VERY difficult for a child his age to lift the gun and actually pull the trigger. He had a very hard time pulling the trigger and even more lifting my feather, which is pretty light. If it did happen, it was one of those one in a million. Still...I wish the media would post more positive things like say "self defense" with a gun, it happens very often, but isn't news worthy? Probably because no one died...they sure as hell loved Columbine.:mad:

bbq_ribs
05-10-2006, 9:10 PM
SF Gate reports: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/05/10/MNG56IPA0I13.DTL

The guy is probably an illegal, and they think he's heading back to Mexico to avoid prosecution.

No surprise that this was not a responsible gun owner.

Mesa Tactical
05-11-2006, 9:28 AM
Sounds like an accidental gun-related death. One of the FEWER THAN 1,000 such accidents that happen every year in the ENTIRE USA (you can look it up at the CDC site). That's less than 1/40th the number of people who die ever year in legally registered cars driven by duly licensed operators.

BFD.

ldivinag
05-11-2006, 10:35 AM
I have an idea. Keep the loaded gun out of a childs reach, hidden....Up high , somewhere they cannot get to it at...When they become old enough 4 or so, teach them never to touch a gun, EVER unless you are there. if they ever touch it, smack them good....

stop making sense...

[/sarcasm]

spaceburger
05-11-2006, 12:23 PM
You guys all disappoint me. You just donít see it coming do you. Trigger Locks on all Three year olds fingers to be worn at all times until child reaches the age of 5. There is one exception and that would be for the offspring of or immediate family members related to this poor downtrodden 24 year old gang member who leaves the house to work for days at a time. He had to be working otherwise why would he leave his gun at the house? And now he is traveling to Mexico or Guatemala to visit the distraught parents of the dead cousin and is probably carrying his backup gun and should be considered dangerous because of his trauma of crossing the border while three years old loaded in the back of a semi...

enter Kali Social Worker stage right..