PDA

View Full Version : The Cheapest AR-15 10 round mag, what is it?

shopkeep
05-09-2006, 10:41 PM
What is the cheapest AR-15 ten round magazine out there right now? I mean one that is cheap and NO IT DOES NOT HAVE TO ACTUALLY FEED OR WORK WELL!

If they're planning on changing the definitions to declare my fixed magazine rifles "Assault Weapons" then if a reg period opens I want to be sure I have a 10 round mag fixed on every lower I own.

xenophobe
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
The Pro-Mag or USA... I think that's what the Vulcan uses.

If they do change the interpretation, I agree, if your receivers are built up, you will be okay. If your receivers are still stripped, then you would not.

tenpercentfirearms
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Shopkeep, remember you are too high strung. Relax and wait a few days before you do anything. Remember if they do any major modifications outside of legislation and you have to register anything as an assault weapon, that is good! Second, remember you can just leave all of the evil features off and you are still in full compliance!!! Rather than buy magazines, just strip your lowers. Relax, take a deep breath and go get some sleep.

If they do change the interpretation, I agree, if your receivers are built up, you will be okay. If your receivers are still stripped, then you would not.Xeno, I am disappointed. How in the hell are they going to know what your gun looks like or what configuration it is in when they mess with anything? How are they going to change CCR 978.20(a) in a 24 hour period? Don't feed shopkeeps paranoia!

Wait, never mind, I can't believe I was so stupid. You probably have some of these mags for sale. Sorry man, that was poor FFL etiquette. Sorry to ruin your sales. ;)

Major Miner II
05-09-2006, 10:45 PM
The Pro-Mag or USA... I think that's what the Vulcan uses.

If they do change the interpretation, I agree, if your receivers are built up, you will be okay. If your receivers are still stripped, then you would not.
Out of curiousity, do you consider "built up" to contain the guts, but not necessarily an upper?

shopkeep
05-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Out of curiousity, do you consider "built up" to contain the guts, but not necessarily an upper?

This is what I was getting to. If they do trigger a registration period we will have 90 days to get as many 10 round mags and castle nuts as we can hahaha :D! I'm just gonna use Pro Mag magazines and home depot kits to set up all 10 of mine!

xenophobe
05-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Wes, this is what DOJ tried to do in 89.... they made a few statements if that you bought a stripped receiver, you could not build it up as an assault weapon after it was registered. PWA receivers, for example. This didn't hold up and was only DOJ propaganda. I'm sure they will do this again. They also tried doing this in 2004 with the BMG, saying you needed a complete rifle, then going back to say a stripped receiver that was in working condition was ok. So I'm assuming they'll say the same thing again.

Major Miner, I assume that a lower recever would have to have features that would make it an assault weapon by definition if it had a removable magazine. That would include at least a pistol grip or collapsable stock + internals + Mag Pin Kit of some sort.

blacklisted
05-09-2006, 11:33 PM
I'll have to get me one more mag and a couple of 99 cent plastic pistol grips. :D

shopkeep
05-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Wes, this is what DOJ tried to do in 89.... they made a few statements if that you bought a stripped receiver, you could not build it up as an assault weapon after it was registered. PWA receivers, for example. This didn't hold up and was only DOJ propaganda. I'm sure they will do this again. They also tried doing this in 2004 with the BMG, saying you needed a complete rifle, then going back to say a stripped receiver that was in working condition was ok. So I'm assuming they'll say the same thing again.

Major Miner, I assume that a lower recever would have to have features that would make it an assault weapon by definition if it had a removable magazine. That would include at least a pistol grip or collapsable stock + internals + Mag Pin Kit of some sort.

If you think about it, this is really the only way they can win. No matter what happens they will have to open a registration period. Changing the regulations triggers a registration period and 30,000 recievers get registered. However, it becomes a good decision on their part because it saves them the trouble of maintaining the list and stems the tidal wave of future purchases and companies renaming their model and make.

hoffmang
05-10-2006, 12:53 AM
The devil is in the details of the redefinition of the detachable magazine. As a friend but it, the last thing anyone wants to do is catch Garands because older folks with money vote and donate to the other guy.

I'm glad to be headed to wobbler status on the older folks comment myself...