PDA

View Full Version : And divided we fall

Fjold
05-09-2006, 8:58 PM
Well, we've had a lot of emotion on the boards today with a number of people mad at each other over the DOJ memo and at others who expressed the "See, I told you so" attitude.

Getting mad at anyone else on this board for expressing their opinion is not doing the cause any good "and divided we fall" is still true today as it was in any other time in history.

"See, I told you so" is also the wrong answer. If what you're doing is enjoying agreeing with the DOJ, how does that do anyone any good? Smugly telling everyone that buying an offlist lower was a waste of money because the DOJ wouldn't let you make a functional AR type rifle is admitting defeat IMHO, without fighting what I think most people on these boards feel is right. To me that attitude translates into blind acceptance of whatever the DOJ or someone else says rather than what I feel is right and lawful.

Neither stance does us any good.

I'd rather fight the good fight and lose than not fight at all. No matter what happens, I already have something. I've built and shoot a fixed magazine, self loading rifle in accordance with existing law and I am willing to fight to defend that position.

When and if the first test case of this whole offlist, fixed magazine episode comes up I will help support morally and financially whomever is "in harm's way"

Major Miner II
05-09-2006, 9:00 PM
More power to you.

artherd
05-09-2006, 9:02 PM
Well said good sir.

shopkeep
05-09-2006, 9:03 PM
I'm not giving up without a fight. I'll reconfigure my rifles to gripless if I have to, but I won't be giving up and selling my lowers in Nevada any day soon.

PanzerAce
05-09-2006, 9:03 PM
agreed. Though I do think it is ok to get emotional in specific threads when the memos are released, it should NEVER spill over into the general discussions.

chris
05-09-2006, 9:04 PM
i have said this before we need to stick together. i mean all of us this means all of the people who enjoy the outdoors. they want to ban everything that is fun. fishing is on the horizon for these nuts. so we all need to stick together. we need to send letters and i mean we need to flood sacramento with huge bags of letters opposing whatever we oppose at the time of legislation is pending.

Matt C
05-09-2006, 9:10 PM
i have said this before we need to stick together. i mean all of us this means all of the people who enjoy the outdoors. they want to ban everything that is fun. fishing is on the horizon for these nuts. so we all need to stick together. we need to send letters and i mean we need to flood sacramento with huge bags of letters opposing whatever we oppose at the time of legislation is pending.

Oddly, I seem to remember fishing being protecting by the CA constitution or law, while guns and hunting are obviously not.

jemaddux
05-09-2006, 9:15 PM
I TOLD YOU SOOOOOO!!!

Now, I have no idea what I told anyone but I am sure I told you something:D . Now lets go beat up DOJ.

AS45-70
05-09-2006, 9:37 PM
I'd like to think we will prevail and get to keep our rifles as they are, that is my hope. I dont really want an AR if it cant have a pistol grip, either way it goes down in CA my rifles will have a home. I have a good friend in Tx and she would love to take care of all my rifles until i move.

I have plenty of other guns to keep me happy, my ARs will leave the state if i am required to modifiy there current configuration for more restrictive options. As is i like it and will deal with the the fix mag, thats acceptable to me, further restrictions would turn me off the whole idea of having one.

I am willing to risk the $ spent because i know my rifles will live on in all there glory in the free state of Tx!

Its a waiting game to see just what the DOJ will do.

Memos shemmos