View Full Version : ar-15 Detachable/ fixed magazine tool???

05-09-2006, 8:40 PM
Ok so CAL DOJ calls a fixed magazine a magazine that cannot be removed without a tool right???

Why not either 1. remove the Magazine release button, and use it as a tool or.

2. Create a device that locks the mag release button and "carry the key" Thus needing a tool to remove your magazine, similar to the locking nuts on a set of nice Kalifornia 20'' wheels, or the "integral gun locks"

I know I'm new to the Kali, and am not extremely well versed in AW laws, If you did this right it would allow you to keep your mags technically fixed but able to quickly detach to reload or clear jams. You would need to use the tool to operate the mag release.

Any thoughts???

05-09-2006, 8:41 PM
wait, let me check......

yup, its been about 2 days since this topic came up, time for a new thread.

DO NOT DO THIS!! unless you have ALOT of lube, I would run, not walk, away from this idea. If you really want to know why, do a search for this subject.

James R.
05-09-2006, 8:42 PM
Removing a mag to clear a jam is likely to get you into a jam called jail. You'd have to remove the pistol grip first, then you could remove the magazine.

James R.

05-09-2006, 8:48 PM
Read the FAQ at the top right of the page.

As soon as you remove a fixed mag from a rifle with evil features, it becomes capable of accepting a detachable mag = illegal AW.

05-09-2006, 8:51 PM
This is NOT the time for such discussions. Did you get the memo? :D

05-09-2006, 8:54 PM
No.. Sorry. I didn't get the memo. I just got here from Nebraska.

Sorry to bring it up..

05-09-2006, 9:06 PM
No.. Sorry. I didn't get the memo. I just got here from Nebraska.

Sorry to bring it up..
GBR! Don't be put off...the natives are restless today :D Just imagine how ugly it will get when the Huskers beat USC in September. :p

05-09-2006, 9:17 PM
Because it's reversible thus considered a temporary fixed mag, thus you are still guilty of manufacturing an assault weapon. Memo's in the other thread. :)

05-09-2006, 9:37 PM
would not the tip of a bullet be considered a tool?