PDA

View Full Version : Capacity to accept - DOJ out of control

Benellishooter
05-09-2006, 9:07 PM
My off list lower has a 10 round Bushmaster magazine fixed in place by a 10/32 nut on the magazine release button.

IT HAS NO CAPACITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE!

Sure. You could take apart my rifle with tools and make it accept a detachable magazine if you add parts and change it's current configuration. Heck, give me enough time and tools, and I could change the configuration of my SKS accept a detachable magazine too.

Their memo don't make it so. I ain't buying it. It is staying the way it is.

Charliegone
05-09-2006, 9:10 PM
LOL. I think that memo is bs seriously, what are they gonna do go around 11pm at night arresting people because they just made us "felons"...if anyone they should be arresting are the morons who made sb23 and the roberti-roos act which is causing them so much grief right now....hey doj if you can't beat em join em.:D

ohsmily
05-09-2006, 9:13 PM
Heck, give me enough time and tools, and I could change the configuration of my SKS accept a detachable magazine too.

Their memo don't make it so. I ain't buying it. It is staying the way it is.

It takes less than 1 minute to make ANY SKS into a detachable magazine rifle. Pop the stock (triggerguard first), remove the fixed magazine, replace the stock (and the triggerguard), and presto. If you have the "duckbill" SKS detachable magazines, you are ready to rock.

shopkeep
05-09-2006, 9:21 PM
I guess that means people with M-1D sniper garands are now felons too because those rifles came with a flash hider :eek:!!!

Man... seems like everyone who had a fixed mag rifles is now felon!