PDA

View Full Version : Need DOJ " permanent magazine " specifications

sac7000
05-09-2006, 7:11 PM
Need DOJ " permanent magazine " specifications please. I wish to fully comply and use my pistol grip self-loading rifle in accordance with set laws and regulations here in the great state of Kalifornistan.

crzpete
05-09-2006, 7:14 PM
yes!!!! AGREE on the state of "KALIPONIA"

EBWhite
05-09-2006, 7:16 PM
The rules say you must use a tool to make it fixed. All the products out their meet the letter of the law.

However, DOJ has approved vulcan design who use a fixed mag kit and some RTV silicone in the magwell

At minimum I would do what DOJ makes vulcan do for the time being.

tenpercentfirearms
05-09-2006, 7:31 PM
Actually the Sporting Conversions guy already had this discussion with Alison and Iggy. They stated lock tite and epoxy are not acceptable means of fixation. Of course they have no law to back up their claims. Sam, this is why I cautioned you about getting too caught up in this right now. They don't want you to make any money. :(

sac7000
05-09-2006, 7:33 PM
The rules say you must use a tool to make it fixed. All the products out their meet the letter of the law.

However, DOJ has approved vulcan design who use a fixed mag kit and some RTV silicone in the magwell

At minimum I would do what DOJ makes vulcan do for the time being.

I've never seen a Vulcan, is it simular Bushmaster's sealed magwell or is it just a 10 round magazine with fixed mag kit glued into the magwell with silicone adhesive?

EBWhite
05-09-2006, 7:41 PM
Vulcan has sells a lower with an approved letter from the DOJ. It uses a fixed mag kit and black silicone on the magwell....

mblat
05-09-2006, 7:44 PM
Actually the Sporting Conversions guy already had this discussion with Alison and Iggy. They stated lock tite and epoxy are not acceptable means of fixation. Of course they have no law to back up their claims. Sam, this is why I cautioned you about getting too caught up in this right now. They don't want you to make any money. :(

Wait, wait.... when did it happend? Today AFTER they pablished the memo?

tenpercentfirearms
05-09-2006, 7:47 PM
This was about a month or two ago. I just probably never mentioned it in public until now. Basically the DOJ is playing games with us. I am calling them in the morning and asking them what they intend to do about non-permanently fixed SKSs and if I should stop selling SKSs unless they have been permanently fixed. I am also going to ask them since according to their new memo CCR 978.20 no longer applies, what is the new definition of a "detachable magazine". I suggest all 10,000 of us call and ask tomorrow. I am sure we will be leaving a message on the machine.

tenpercentfirearms
05-09-2006, 8:46 PM
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/contact.htm

(916) 263-4887

hiyabrad
07-27-2006, 12:51 PM
What did they say?

6172crew
07-27-2006, 1:20 PM
What did they say?

Not much I gather, Wes is talking about the same thing in this thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=37681

Your digging up some old ones today arent you.:D

hiyabrad
07-27-2006, 1:23 PM
Ya, digging up old ones via search. Looking for answers to some questions! :confused:

DRH
07-27-2006, 1:57 PM
The DOJ has already ruled in writing that epoxy is "permanent" enough to satisfy a "capacity to accept" stituation in 12276. That is all I will say publicly for now.

hiyabrad
07-27-2006, 2:29 PM
I am asking what did they about this post by 10%:

This was about a month or two ago. I just probably never mentioned it in public until now. Basically the DOJ is playing games with us. I am calling them in the morning and asking them what they intend to do about non-permanently fixed SKSs and if I should stop selling SKSs unless they have been permanently fixed. I am also going to ask them since according to their new memo CCR 978.20 no longer applies, what is the new definition of a "detachable magazine". I suggest all 10,000 of us call and ask tomorrow. I am sure we will be leaving a message on the machine.

sac7000
07-27-2006, 10:20 PM
I suggest all 10,000 of us call and ask tomorrow. I am sure we will be leaving a message on the machine.

Don't forget to push " 1 " for English

NRAhighpowershooter
07-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Don't forget to push " 1 " for English Si!!! :p :D