View Full Version : Software Developer needed in Irvine

08-27-2010, 6:18 AM
My company (where I work, I do not own it) is looking for a "junior" level OO programmer. Pay is DOE. Excellent company, I love working here. Awesome environment. We are small (Irvine is our largest office with 20 people) and have many shooters on staff. Ping pong room and R/C car shop in the office. We work hard and play harder.

On to the posting:

My company is looking for an innovative, self motivated Software Engineer to enhance and expand Precision’s forensic and e-discovery support software. As a member of our small focused team, you’ll have an opportunity to develop and maintain tools that are critical to our industry leading service.

The right candidates will:

• Design, implement and maintain an assortment of tools critical to our workflow.
• Provide software solutions to problems that arise in both our forensic and e-discovery divisions.
• Develop high-quality, maintainable code that conforms to our standards and practices.
• Design reusable components; built on industry and custom frameworks.
• Work in an agile development environment.

We have a test that we give to perspective candidates before continuing the interview process. If you are interested, complete this test and PM me the required code along with your information and I will get back to you within 24 hours (even on the weekend.)

We need to fill the position right away and will hire immediately the right person.

Development Programming Task
Using C#, create two applications (WinForm based and Console) that:

1 – Allow a user to specify up to 3 input directories
2 – Display the aggregate sum of all file sizes within the specified directories
3 – Handle each directory on a separate thread Your solutions will be judged on:

1 – Appearance of each application
2 – Handling of threads
3 – Accuracy of the results
4 – Presentation of the results
5 – Usefulness of the informa2on given to the end user as the applications run
6 – Memory usage

Please make sure to include comments in your code to document the approaches you take.

Thank You