PDA

View Full Version : Question about HK94 clones

supdawg
05-09-2006, 4:55 PM
What is the minimum overall length requirement for it to be classified as a rifle and not a pistol? I'm assuming the BW89 is a pistol, not a rifle.

Also, what about this?
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=220

If I have it sent to an out of state FFL to make it CA compliant, and he removes the folding stock, is the overall length measured by the length at the time of manufacture or the time it gets shipped into California?

In relation to this, is the OAL measured with or without the fake suppressor and are there any restrictions on the threaded barrel?

cvela
05-09-2006, 8:51 PM
If you find one let me know, I wouldnt mind a clone myself.

:)

supdawg
05-10-2006, 1:24 AM
If you want an HK clone you are better off with a Vector or Bobcat.

Actually, I'm leaning towards a Bobcat, but I still need to know what the minimum overall length is and if that's with or without the fake suppressor.

Anyone?

xenophobe
05-10-2006, 1:29 AM
A centerfire rifle shorter than 30 inches is an AW in California, detachable magazine or not. Federal overall length must be 26 inches or greater, if I remember correctly...

supdawg
05-10-2006, 4:24 PM
Again, since the fake suppressor is removable, does the OAL length include it? If it does, why not extend it on the other end with a pinned folding stock?

sintax
05-10-2006, 4:27 PM
needs to have a PERM barrel of at least 16" AND exceed 30" overall from end to end.

If the barrel is not at least 16" you'll need to solder on the fake can so it can not be removed.