PDA

View Full Version : Handguns, Rifles and Ammo what would YOU like to see in our Gun Shop?

ADDAX2
08-26-2010, 3:25 PM
Addax Tactical in San Fernando (about 15 minutes from Burbank up the 5)
We have our FFL 07 and our CFD just waiting to get on the list with DOJ which is just a few weeks away.

Anyhow we have been supporting Calguns since 2007, We offer a Calguns discount and a bunch of incentives for locals. We take pride in our Customer Service and stand behind our products.

We will do your PPTs and Out of State Transfers whether you are purchasing form us or not.

We will be bringing Ammo in this week (any suggestions?). Addax is always releasing new items aside from our AR's, and we are proud to release our own Lowers in a couple of months. We will be focusing mainly on Addax Gas Piston and a new line of AR rifles and also a few other manufacturers Firearms.

As per MY wish we are also bringing in handguns.
Have not decided which ones yet... maybe its something YOU can help me with.

ADDAX also has an online store and our inventory is in direct competition with the whole country not just the next store that's 10 minutes away. Our prices have always been competitive and consistent even during the Obama frenzy we never gouged our customers.

SOOOO basically I am bringing in a bunch of good stuff... let me know what YOU would like for US to carry. I am open to all suggestions.

2600fromAtari
08-26-2010, 3:48 PM
.308 ammo would be nice Lale, surplus or commercial competitively priced like AIM.

Some of the more hard to get firearms like an RPD.

Either way, I'll eventually be adding a quality, complete piston rifle made in CA with a cool logo. :punk:

ADDAX2
08-26-2010, 9:26 PM
.308 ammo check! I will bring it in...

I will see about the RPD it depends on demand.

Anything else?

robert060907
08-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Dracos and other single shot pistols

ADDAX2
08-27-2010, 7:46 AM
I will look into it. Thanks for your input.

What else do u guys want? I'm open to all suggestions?

phantomson9
08-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Some 1911's I'm real close to you guys and in the market for a 1911 I would love to be able to buy from a local shop that supports calgus!!!

ADDAX2
08-27-2010, 11:17 AM
I am all for bringing in some 1911's any preference on which manufacturer?

2600fromAtari
08-27-2010, 4:01 PM
.308 ammo check! I will bring it in...

I will see about the RPD it depends on demand.

Anything else?

Lale, I can only speak for myself, and probably don't reflect the majority, so I don't know if it's worth the effort for you guys. There are a lot of cool guns such as an RPD or Galil that I like. First problem is finding a shop, and second is finding the CA compliant parts. For example, Galil magazines are not a dime a dozen, then it's having to have someone to block them off, send as a parts kit/block it yourself somehow, etc.

If you guys can be a one stop shop for parts and accessories for the guns you sell, it'd be a great selling point for someone like myself.

Sometimes in the future, I would like an off-list Colt, but I don't know the demand for that when similar quality ARs can be had for 2/3 the price. Also don't know if that would be in direct competition with the ARs you guys carry.

Either way, it's great having an awesome manufacturer in the state.

hoppin62
08-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Dracos and other single shot pistols

X2 ... AR, AK pistols would be great!
How about an inventory of parts that are in stock!
That seems to be a problem with many stores.... I guess because the demand for parts is high? :confused:

PistolS&W
08-28-2010, 11:37 AM
i just suggest you keep it fresh. alot of gun shops just have cowboy junk like old school revolvers and all that. but a good gun shop keeps up with the new age stuff. keep glocks and XD pistols or really any polymer frame pistols will sell well. aswell as low cost decent grade .223 , 7.62x54 , 9mm , and .40 s&w ammo. and stock lots of cool little things like serpa holsters and maybe like some dual mag clips for the AR style mags, things like that. and perhaps all the bells and whistles for mossberg and 870 style shotguns. alot of people like making there HD shotgun look all scary.

main thing is practical tactical items. no saddles or 30-30 lever actions lol.

ADDAX2
08-31-2010, 4:52 PM
haha no saddles! I was thinking Glocks and Springfield too.
I agree constant inventory is a good thing. a nice selections of Mags and ammo..

fcr
09-01-2010, 9:21 PM
I like my CZ 75B Compact .40, you might want to check CZ out. A variety of match ammo, for those of us that do not reload, finding Black Hill 77 grain or equivalent is tough. Overhead with lots of product is tough.

PistolS&W
09-02-2010, 3:45 PM
I like my CZ 75B Compact .40, you might want to check CZ out. A variety of match ammo, for those of us that do not reload, finding Black Hill 77 grain or equivalent is tough. Overhead with lots of product is tough.

i tried some 55gr HP black hill in .223 and it was less accurate then walmart .223 it may have been because it was a 55gr HP in a 1/9 twist barrel and the RPM's were causing the jacket to deform but im not paying $80 for 50 rnds again to try a different load.

$P-Ritch$
09-03-2010, 9:49 AM
haha no saddles! I was thinking Glocks and Springfield too.
I agree constant inventory is a good thing. a nice selections of Mags and ammo..

+1 for the glocks/xd/m&p type pistols

Also, really looking forward to seeing your guy's stripped AR lowers. Will definitely have to pick one up when I buy the ZK upper in a couple of months.

Addax
09-03-2010, 4:35 PM
Thank you for the input guys.

We are almost done with getting the shop ready to conduct firearms transactions, transfers etc.

We plan on stocking the walls with tactical rifles, shotguns and of course our own Addax Tactical AR15 lowers and rifles very soon.

How about the ACR, SCAR and those types of rifles?

What about AK rifles? Arsenal, etc?

M1A rifles?

Just want to gauge what many of you are looking for.

Thanks,
Chris

OMGofWar
09-03-2010, 5:00 PM
i just suggest you keep it fresh. alot of gun shops just have cowboy junk like old school revolvers and all that. but a good gun shop keeps up with the new age stuff. keep glocks and XD pistols or really any polymer frame pistols will sell well. aswell as low cost decent grade .223 , 7.62x54 , 9mm , and .40 s&w ammo. and stock lots of cool little things like serpa holsters and maybe like some dual mag clips for the AR style mags, things like that.

x2. a shop that can keep up with the new stuff is always a plus. not everyone trusts buying a firearm online, so it would be nice to have a shop that could cater to those folks. i'm crossing my fingers that we'll see the new Steyr M9-A1s in California, and if we do and there's a shop nearby that has it, they'll get my business.

a good stock of ammo would be great too. obviously not all shops can carry $10 boxes of ammo like WalMart, but it'd be great if we didn't have to drive all over town to find something in a fair price range.

fcr
09-03-2010, 6:41 PM
M1A is good, AKs would be good also, not sure what brands though. FAL type would be good too.

Fjold
09-03-2010, 8:48 PM
I was going to say to put a link to your website in your sig line but I see that you did that in Post 15. I would also recommend putting the store address in the header, on the first page of your website.

Addax
09-04-2010, 1:56 AM
I was going to say to put a link to your website in your sig line but I see that you did that in Post 15. I would also recommend putting the store address in the header, on the first page of your website.

We will have to get Addax2's signature updated.

We are currently working on a website refresh, and we will be adding our store address on the front page.

Thanks for the input.

Chris

Addax
09-04-2010, 2:03 AM
x2. a shop that can keep up with the new stuff is always a plus. not everyone trusts buying a firearm online, so it would be nice to have a shop that could cater to those folks. i'm crossing my fingers that we'll see the new Steyr M9-A1s in California, and if we do and there's a shop nearby that has it, they'll get my business.

a good stock of ammo would be great too. obviously not all shops can carry $10 boxes of ammo like WalMart, but it'd be great if we didn't have to drive all over town to find something in a fair price range.

Thanks for the input.

PistolS&W
09-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Thank you for the input guys.

We are almost done with getting the shop ready to conduct firearms transactions, transfers etc.

We plan on stocking the walls with tactical rifles, shotguns and of course our own Addax Tactical AR15 lowers and rifles very soon.

How about the ACR, SCAR and those types of rifles?

What about AK rifles? Arsenal, etc?

M1A rifles?

Just want to gauge what many of you are looking for.

Thanks,
Chris

all good choices aswell as maybe the mini-14, mini-30 im not a big fan of it myself but they sell pretty good usually.
and if theres still room on the wall maybe throw a quality synthetic stock .308 bolt action up there.

Addax
09-04-2010, 12:48 PM
all good choices aswell as maybe the mini-14, mini-30 im not a big fan of it myself but they sell pretty good usually.
and if theres still room on the wall maybe throw a quality synthetic stock .308 bolt action up there.

Yup, the .308 bolt guns are going to be ordered for sure.

Not really sure on the Mini 14's / 30's, but I will keep that in mind.

Thanks,
Chris