PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Tubes at Surplus Stores

EBWhite
05-08-2006, 11:22 PM
I always see those AT4 rocket launcher tubes at the army surplus store but they always say "not for sale".
I know the AT4 rocket tubes, once they have been fired are junk and must be reloaded at the place that makes them.

Are they still illegal to own?

EB

EBWhite
05-08-2006, 11:32 PM
You know how many inert grenades with holes drilled in them are are sitting around at peoples houses and sold at swap meets and garage sales...Every man with one of those cool take a number grenade displays on their desk are instant criminals :-)

taloft
05-08-2006, 11:38 PM
they're afraid you might use it to scare the natives.

EBWhite
05-08-2006, 11:57 PM
All i see in the link is the inert grenades. Nothing about rocket tubes.

saki302
05-09-2006, 1:06 AM
So.. what if you have a LIVE smoke or CS grenade? :D

I've seen a few at some AZ and NV gun shows- quite expensive though. I think the smoke/CS's are technically not grenades, but the look could have fooled me..

-Dave

xj4play
05-09-2006, 8:05 AM
so inert grenades are illegal...But what if it was a shifter knob

http://www.4wd.com/newsite/shop/productdetail.asp?pid=RNU200

Fate
05-09-2006, 8:45 AM
Actually relic/practice/cementfilled grenades ARE legal, People stop reading the ordinance before they get to 12020.b
(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following:
(15) Any plastic toy handgrenade, or any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade that is a relic, curio, memorabilia, or display item, that is filled with a permanent inert substance or that is otherwise permanently altered in a manner that prevents ready modification for use as a grenade.

Dont Tread on Me
05-09-2006, 8:58 AM
I don't think it is possible to ban imitation rockets and grenades as a class as who can tell a metal sculpture from one. I think the DOJ should be forced to list all by make and model...

Get ready for the great off-list rocket/ grenade buy!

Glasshat
05-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Ya gotta laugh at these laws. Why would someone go to all the trouble of refurbishing a grenade paperweight when it's so easy for a real terrorist/criminal to make a pipe bomb or fill a Ryder truck with diesel fuel and fertilizer?
I know, I know, it's all about intentions.