PDA

View Full Version : Whats in season?

moulton
05-08-2006, 9:26 PM
What is in season for hunting? I got my hunting licence and want to kill sonthing:D . I went turkey hunting but wasnt able to find a thing. Willing to travel in Mendocino, Lake, Sonoma and what the hey Marin county. I want small game or varmints. PLEZ help:)

chris
05-08-2006, 9:38 PM
coyotes, ground squirrels in some areas, wild pigs, these are a couple of things that are in season all year long to the best of my knowledge. but check the DFG homepage and check it out. deer season is not far off. duck season begins in late october this year i think.

moulton
05-08-2006, 9:42 PM
Im going up to montana second week in october for a antelope/deer/duck hunt but I have to do somthing in the mean time:D

NRAhighpowershooter
05-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Jack Rabbits, from the last time I checked, use to be year round.. But that may have changed.. you'd have to look that up...

Rumpled
05-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Coyote, ground squirrels, jackrabbits are always in season.
So are pigs, need to get a pig tag.
July 1 starts cottontail season.
Late July starts some of the archery deer and some rifle starts as early as August, I think.

Big game drawing due by June 2.

Then Sept 1 for dove is right around the corner, and then more upland and big game.

There's pretty much always something to get after, even if it's just to get out.

Scotto
05-10-2006, 4:33 PM
I wouldnt know what is in season for hunting - because hunting infers a chance of failure. I go killing
so go kill some stuff with your new killing license