PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone do with their "extra" gun locks?

Cochise82
08-25-2010, 8:22 AM
I have over the years accumulated a few "extra" gun locks. I usually just store them for a rainy day, but I have one that I use to lock my side gate.

What are some uses that you guys have found for those "extras".

Doheny
08-25-2010, 8:29 AM
Lock my kids in the closest.

glockman19
08-25-2010, 8:53 AM
I have a box of them.

Cochise82
08-25-2010, 8:54 AM
Lock my kids in the closest.

Why not just install a deadbolt? It saves me time ;)

BONECUTTER
08-25-2010, 9:26 AM
I took them to work and sold them to people who did not have a lock or receipt for $.01 each.

The sad part is I told these people that if they gave the lock back I could provide the sevice to more people. But most were clueless and just took it home :rolleyes: and I was out in a week.

See what happens when you try to be nice.....

Cochise82
08-25-2010, 9:29 AM
I took them to work and sold them to people who did not have a lock or receipt for $.01 each.

The sad part is I told these people that if they gave the lock back I could provide the sevice to more people. But most were clueless and just took it home :rolleyes: and I was out in a week.

See what happens when you try to be nice.....

You should charge $0.39 so you can at least get a McD's hamburger for it. :)

BONECUTTER
08-25-2010, 9:33 AM
You should charge $0.39 so you can at least get a McD's hamburger for it. :)

Next personal lock I sell will be for $1.09 (Micky D's) sweet tea. :43: Yum

tacticalcity
08-25-2010, 9:40 AM
Sold several of them on this forum for a fraction of what they would be worth. Still have one or two in my HUGE-BOX-O-EXTRA-GUN-PARTS.

VictorFranko
08-25-2010, 9:43 AM
Looping two together makes a nice pair of handcuffs for the wife,
and the red color matches her 8" stripper heels pretty well!

http://www.olyarms.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/oagear/thumb-oal.jpghttp://www.discountstripper.com/images/products/display/FLAMINGO809r.jpg

Sig-Bob
08-25-2010, 9:53 AM
I sent mine to the x-wife.She sent them back with a note where I could put them. Go figure! LOL

BayAreaShooter
08-25-2010, 11:32 AM
I just have a box full of em. I will use them sometimes for random things that need to be locked.

Cochise82
08-25-2010, 2:24 PM
I guess it's good too keep a lock or two in the range bag, but I'm more interested in the stripper heels now. :drool5:

YourHuckleberry
08-30-2010, 2:50 PM
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2682/0827101855.jpg (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/0827101855.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

rugershooter
08-30-2010, 2:52 PM
I have over the years accumulated a few "extra" gun locks. I usually just store them for a rainy day, but I have one that I use to lock my side gate.

What are some uses that you guys have found for those "extras".

I don't take them out of the package so the next time I buy a gun I don't have to buy another one

DVSmith
08-30-2010, 2:59 PM
I give them to my friends as Christmas presents... :43:

dirtyJ
08-30-2010, 3:21 PM
A lot of our customers just give them to us since they usually don't use them. We pretty much never charge for a lock, unless someone actually wants to buy one, we just provide them along with receipt for tracking purposes.

tenpercentfirearms
08-30-2010, 10:15 PM
A lot of our customers just give them to us since they usually don't use them. We pretty much never charge for a lock, unless someone actually wants to buy one, we just provide them along with receipt for tracking purposes.

I tell customers to keep them and trade them back in later on. Nothing prohibits you from giving me a lock and nothing prohibits me from giving you a lock. The only time you need a receipt is if I want to exempt you from 12088.1.(a), then you have to follow the requirements of 12088.1.(e). Since I always comply with 12088.1.(a) and give you a lock, there is no reason to seek exemption from (a) by following (e). Even if you just gave me a lock, I will give you a different model lock so we aren't using that one for the transaction even though my reading leaves me to believe it doesn't matter.

luckystrike
08-31-2010, 11:02 AM
I have over 10. I locked them all into eachother and made a giant circle.

ugimports
09-02-2010, 6:40 PM
I tell customers to keep them and trade them back in later on. Nothing prohibits you from giving me a lock and nothing prohibits me from giving you a lock. The only time you need a receipt is if I want to exempt you from 12088.1.(a), then you have to follow the requirements of 12088.1.(e). Since I always comply with 12088.1.(a) and give you a lock, there is no reason to seek exemption from (a) by following (e). Even if you just gave me a lock, I will give you a different model lock so we aren't using that one for the transaction even though my reading leaves me to believe it doesn't matter.

We basically do the same. After recently going through our DOJ Audit (ATF starts tomorrow) they just mentioned to add the notation of "Provided" or "OEM" depending if the lock was provided by me or if it came with the gun.

tenpercentfirearms
09-02-2010, 9:10 PM
We basically do the same. After recently going through our DOJ Audit (ATF starts tomorrow) they just mentioned to add the notation of "Provided" or "OEM" depending if the lock was provided by me or if it came with the gun.

Did you have Bob? He told me the same thing. He didn't think the trade in thing would fly with the lawyers. Since he isn't a lawyer, I just took it with a grain of salt.

And thanks BS for sending me those locks. I have to figure out what your Calguns name is!

Ron-Solo
09-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I have over 10. I locked them all into eachother and made a giant circle.

:rofl:

ojisan
09-02-2010, 11:21 PM
I have silver ones, black ones, yellow ones, green ones and red ones.
Last month I got my first blue one.
I'm gonna decorate my Xmas Tree with them this year.

ugimports
09-03-2010, 6:24 PM
Did you have Bob? He told me the same thing. He didn't think the trade in thing would fly with the lawyers. Since he isn't a lawyer, I just took it with a grain of salt.

And thanks BS for sending me those locks. I have to figure out what your Calguns name is!

I didn't even ask about the trade in thing. I figured if they were ok with "Provided" then my source should be somewhat irrelevant. Heck, they don't ask me where the guns come from why would they care where the lock came from :sleeping:

thevic
09-03-2010, 6:29 PM
When i bought my remy 700 3 locks came with it lol

Capt. Speirs
09-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I don't take them out of the package so the next time I buy a gun I don't have to buy another one

Yes you do, the lock is not the key here, it is a copy of a receipt for the lock less than 30 days old.

tenpercentfirearms
09-04-2010, 7:25 AM
Yes you do, the lock is not the key here, it is a copy of a receipt for the lock less than 30 days old.

...if you want to be exempt from (a). If you don't want to be exempt from (a) by following (e), then just use a lock and there you go, you are complying with (a).

I love it!

Rob454
09-05-2010, 9:48 PM
I test them. the fastest I picked one was 4 seconds. Most i can easily cut them with my linesman pliers. Ive had wire that was tougher to cut.
haven't shot one yet