PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy a phone from Amazon and port their number?

plan-b
08-24-2010, 9:57 PM
Curious to hear from those that have done this and what the process was like. I've always had good luck with Sprint but their phone selection lately has fallen behind Verizon's (Evo 4G excepted). I'm thinking of picking up one of the Droids and Amazon's prices are really good. I just wanna know what it's like to port over an existing number.

ldivinag
08-25-2010, 12:36 AM
easy...

welll i bought my iPhone in a store and got a new number since i wanted to try out the 30 day return policy. this was 2 years ago.

they told me it's really simple and no issues.

i contacted sprint and told me i wanted to port over my number.

they did everything while i waited when i called through my old phone. sprint rep said, give it an hour.

waited an hour.

went back to a local ATT store and told them i wanna port over my old number and dump the new number. they said sure.

waited about 10 minutes while they did their work. got a new SIM for my iPhone. they said wait 30-60 minutes before old number was ported over.

took about 15 minutes.

so i still have the same number for over 10 years now...

BOFH
08-25-2010, 12:44 AM
I have ported a few numbers with phones from Amazon...no problem at all.

plan-b
08-25-2010, 9:52 AM
It's been about 6 years since I last ported my phone number (AT&T to Sprint). But that was in a Sprint store so they did all the legwork. For Amazon, I'm imagining this process...

1. Order phone from Amazon
2. Take delivery and call Verizon to activate
3. Have Verizon do porting process
4. Pay contract termination fee to Sprint

Does that sound about right?