PDA

View Full Version : Music Virus?

Phil3
08-23-2010, 9:00 PM
My computer has suddenly developed a habit of playing a piece of music that is repeats a few times and last maybe 30 - 45 seconds before ending. Sometimes I hear people talking. Turning off Firefox and every application changes nothing, but turning off the speakers does. Norton 360 has found nothing. Ideas? Using Windows XP Home.

- Phil

nick
08-23-2010, 9:13 PM
Norton/Symantec sucks.

Try something like F-secure or Kaspersky in combination with Malwarebytes and Spybot. Then stop browsing questionable websites :)

Alternatively, call Ghost Busters and post in the Have You Ever Been Haunted thread.

Fate
08-23-2010, 9:20 PM
My computer has suddenly developed a habit of playing a piece of music that is repeats a few times and last maybe 30 - 45 seconds before ending. Sometimes I hear people talking.

Are they telling you to dig in your backyard?

Phil3
08-23-2010, 9:31 PM
No, your backyard. :D

NaughtyMonkey
08-23-2010, 9:33 PM
Do any ads pop up? My aunt had similar problems with her computer. Spybot and Malware bytes should take care of the problem.

Phil3
08-23-2010, 9:58 PM
No ads. I did download and run MalwareBytes, and it did find Trojan.SasFix. Don't know if that is the cause. If music and people talking stops playing, I guess that was it.

- Phil

NaughtyMonkey
08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Trojans are always fun to have on your computer. I once scanned a computer that had over 300!!!!

I hope your problem is fixed, let us know.

Ricky-Ray
08-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Trojans are always fun to have on your computer. I once scanned a computer that had over 300!!!!

I hope your problem is fixed, let us know.

Had to run a scan on an employees computer one time because it wasn't getting the automatic software updates like it should. Over 3,500 sypware/malware infections. :eek: (This was before we really employed any type of spyware/malware protection, just antivirus).

I have no idea how this person was able to do any work at all, yet she never complained about it to us.