PDA

View Full Version : Ruger factory service - KUDOS!

rideanddive
08-23-2010, 5:24 PM
I traded my XD9 for a GP100. The single action was so light it almost scared me, but for some reason the double action would pull easy for 3/8", stack HARD, then release the trigger, cylinder and hammer so quickly that the front sight would jump off target. I contacted Ruger, they said send it in. I shipped it overnight on a Monday afternoon from Southern California. They contacted me Wednesday that same week, the technician had tested it, agreed it wasn't up to spec. They called me the next day, Thursday, saying it was fixed and shipping. It probably got in Saturday, but I wasn't able to pick it up at UPS until today, 8 days after I had shipped it to them. They installed factory springs, (legal liability?) but sent back the lighter ones that I had installed. The double action and single action are GREAT, and I haven't even installed the lighter hammer and trigger spring. On top of that, they installed a brand-new rear sight! I didn't even know there was anything wrong with the old one. What do you think my opinion of Ruger service is? How about AWESOME!!!

6114DAVE
08-23-2010, 5:35 PM
good to know!! Since i own a P89 and if i ever need service, am glad to hear they do a good job!! I have heard nothing but good things about ruger's customer service.

redhemi
08-23-2010, 6:00 PM
Rugers customer service is just one of the reasons I like them. I had broke the striker cover on my SR9 and then called their CS and they sent me a new part free :thumbsup: even though it was my fault. I'm a Ruger fan for life. Redhemi

ancora
08-24-2010, 10:43 AM
On the other hand, I needed some work on a Ruger single action Blackhawk without the safety bar. They would only accept the revolver if they could install the safety bar mechanism. I refused as that would screw up the trigger pull.

orangeusa
08-24-2010, 10:51 AM
I had the same offer. You really can't fault them for offering to revamp the whole gun (mine was from 1959 with multiple owners) for free. I can't think if ONE manufacturer who does that. Seriously, revamp a 50 year old gun for free?

And there are all these guys who say - 'Ruger doesn't have a warranty'. I bought a P90 last year and yes, Ruger disavows all knowledge of a warranty , but in the box was a Davidsons' lifetime warranty . (yes it is spelled right).

They said they would check all tolerances, test fire the gun, and add the transfer bar - for free.

But - I didn't take them up on it either. Sold the gun to a true collector. :)

bballwizard05
08-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Yup part of the reason I bought my p-95 is the lifetime warranty. Friend of mine had a Ruger from the mid 80's, and had 10k rounds through it. Finally a part broke, he called them and they said to send it in. two weeks later HE HAD A NEW GUUUUN!!!

Zonie
08-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Some years ago, I bought an old, beat-up, Mini-14 from some guy at a gun show. The thing looked so decrepit that I wasn't even sure it would cycle properly. But, it was super-cheap and I had money burning a hole in my pocket. So, home it went with me.

Anyway, on the first trip to the range, it cycled properly, but the groups at 25 yards looked like a shotgun pattern. It was completely shot out. So, I sent it in to Ruger, asking them to re-barrel and refurbish it for me.

What they sent me back was basically a brand new gun. They took everything off the receiver, refinished the receiver, and put all new parts on the receiver. And they only charged $365 for the whole job. Since I paid very little for the gun to start with, I basically got a brand new Mini for considerably less than the cost of a brand new Mini.

Needless to say, I have no complaints about Ruger service, and I'm a big fan of their products. My next gun purchase will probably be an SR9c or a 5.5" .44 magnum Redhawk.

orangeusa
08-24-2010, 11:27 AM
I just bought a P89 to keep my P90 company! :)

RedFord150
08-24-2010, 1:15 PM
Really glad to hear this. I have owned about 8 Ruger Handguns over the years. I still own 3 of them. Someday I might actually need factory Service...