PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Solano County Sherriff---Gary Stanton

AF_INT1N0
05-07-2006, 3:22 PM
Hey All just got in to Travis, and have to now start my house hunting.

I noticed on the way in that Solano County is in the middle of Election time for the local Sherriff.

Being that the Incombent is Anti- CCW (except Cronies) Source= Packing.org and the Sherriff holds the key, so I have two questions.

1. My dad is also stationed here and has lives in Dixon. He's been here for a few years now. And he had said that alot of people were not pleased with Stanton, I'm not sure of the reasons.

His Challenger (I don't remember his name is a Military Reservist) But I don't know his stance on 2A.
What are his chances??

2. Should I just say the hell with it and move to Yolo County, and attempt the process with the Sherriff there (They do issue in the Yolo, I'm not sure of how big of a PITA it will be.

Any thoughts???

Paladin
05-07-2006, 10:13 PM
When you find out, be sure to post over at http://californiaccw.org/forums/list.page too!

gotgunz
05-07-2006, 11:25 PM
I grew up in Fairfield, I had a CCW many years ago that was issued by the former FFPD chief. Needless to say, it was the second thing to leave when I filed for divorce. The chances of getting a CCW in Solano County are next to none and from what I understand the Dixon Chief refers to the sherriff. I lived for several years between Dixon & Vacaville and its a nice area but if you are wanting a CCW I would look into moving to Winters.
You are most likely never going to see a CCW in Solano County. (but they never questioned the rifle in my truck window when I lived in the "country".
Good Luck