PDA

View Full Version : Is this the memo that the DOJ pulled from its Website?

SemiAutoSam
05-07-2006, 8:24 AM
10 characters

6172crew
05-07-2006, 8:27 AM
That is the one.

I think it was there to slow down lower sales.

blkA4alb
05-07-2006, 9:00 AM
Do the citizens have a leg to stand on when challenging the "evil features" clause or did the DOJ do a good job of covering themselves on this one?
Yes we do, read some of the other threads on this topic. At this point the DOJ doesn't have the authority to create a new category of "assault weapons." All they can do is update the current list of AR/AK series rifles. If they try to put the category 4 through they can expect a lawsuit, not to mention implementing category 4 would just further confuse the "assault weapon" situation. Imagine police trying to identify whether its a category 1, 2, 3, or 4, when some guns can fall under multiple categories, but with different features. Yeah right, thats really simple :rolleyes: .

linuxgunner
05-07-2006, 11:36 AM
They should just have two categories: Assault Weapons, and Not Assault Weapons. Let everyone who wants an AW buy one and register it. Then if cops see a gun that seems to be an AW, they can ask to see paperwork. Letting people register new ones removes all the craziness about when it was registered, when it was owned, what series it is ("oh this is an off-list post-ban with AK features and a pistol grip so I guess that's ...") etc, etc.

The way it is now they would need to send cops to a week of training to just understand the laws and be able to identify what is what. It's confusing stuff. It's confusing stuff and I barely understand it.

trinity9
05-07-2006, 4:17 PM
They should just have two categories: Assault Weapons, and Not Assault Weapons... Then if cops see a gun that seems to be an AW, they can ask to see paperwork.

Submit yourselves to a weapons registry, questionable searches and carry paperwork with you?

I like that idea.

Signed,

Adolph

The Soup Nazi
05-07-2006, 5:26 PM
Hey...isn't that what Hitler did, for the safety of the people in Germany? Register all the weapons? Oh yeah, thats what he did! Then he had all the weapons confiscated and the holocaust happened and many Jews living in Germany and people who recognized him as a crockpot couldn't do anything to stop him. Could that be why they have this organization....

http://www.jpfo.org/

PanzerAce
05-07-2006, 5:48 PM
jesus guys, he was just talking about so called AWs, not stuff like bolt actions and the like. Those who dont want to do it dont have to. Maybe you guys should actually READ his post before replying eh?

xenophobe
05-07-2006, 6:14 PM
If you've bought a handgun in California, it's registered, you're on the list anyways.

Roberti-Roos 89 banned Assault Weapons over 16 years ago. Have there been any confiscations yet? So, you might as well buy what you want, because if you own a handgun, you're on a list anyways.