PDA

View Full Version : "Tumor-oid" stock pricing

grammaton76
05-06-2006, 11:05 PM
As posted elsewhere, I'm getting tired of watching people think of the tumor stock about once a week ever since I signed up.

Clearly, folks want to bring the Tumor stock back, and with 35k+ off-list AR's in state, there's a market for it.

I'm putting in a poll to see what folks would pay for one, to help stir the pot and coax someone into producing it.

All we need are two people:

1. Someone who has a tumor stock.

2. Someone else who knows resin molding, or some other comparable technique.

Hooking those two folks up, would be enough to get one made. How many get made, would obviously depend on what the buyers are willing to pay.

For that matter, it would technically be possible for Magpul to develop a rear grip panel for their MIAD grip. But eh, who knows.

1911_Mitch
05-07-2006, 10:12 AM

Poll option: Wait and see what the DOJ does with the list.

kenc9
05-07-2006, 10:34 AM
I remember someone posted a pic of one painted in weird colors or something that looked pretty ugly. It seems you could make one in black or whatever the stock color is and should blend in pretty well.

I'm surprised this isn't an available option already! It could be as simple as a lower grip tapered back and form fitted to the butt with finger hold grips moulded into it.

-ken

EDIT; Grammy, here is the link for the upper removal.
http://ultimak.com/AKStockR&R.htm#uphg

shopkeep
05-07-2006, 3:52 PM
For the love of god can we _PLEASE_ get the tumor stock back? I miss it soooo much now that it's possible to use it!

Oh yeah... _DO_NOT_ pay attention to people who say they don't want one... they're either smoking crack or selling SRB type grips :)!

grammaton76
05-08-2006, 4:41 AM
Got a PM from a guy earlier today, who may have a shop lined up that can do injection molding for a project like this.

Assuming that the shop has available time, who's got a Tumor they'd be willing to send in to be cloned?

Bueller... Bueller...

kenc9
05-08-2006, 7:10 AM
Got a PM from a guy earlier today, who may have a shop lined up that can do injection molding for a project like this.

Assuming that the shop has available time, who's got a Tumor they'd be willing to send in to be cloned?

Bueller... Bueller...

Bueller is shooting his AR15......I mean home sick! ;)

I started carving on one last night, shouldn't be too tuff to make a mold, they normally make a wood mold then run a few copies, make changes then run a thousand off...its pretty cheap.

I have a friend as well that can do it I just need the mold.

-ken

Scope
05-09-2006, 6:04 PM
With the DOJ's new memo the tumor stock has become a more attractive, but still ugly, option. If you start selling them let me know.

Fjold
05-09-2006, 7:42 PM
The price just went up!! LOL :D