PDA

View Full Version : Off-List PPT Within 90 Day Registration???

m2hbvic
05-06-2006, 9:45 PM
Does anyone know if a PPT will be allowed on off-list lowers once the DOJ lists them and they are in the 90 day AW registration period???
THANKS,
Vic

blkA4alb
05-06-2006, 9:52 PM
No, if/when these are listed they are AWs, and cannot be transferred at all. They are either yours, destroyed, or sold to someone out of state. If you don't own one if/when they get listed your too late, and it sucks to be you :) .

shopkeep
05-06-2006, 9:58 PM
Lemme summarize:

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY NOW!!! THE LIST IS COMMING!!!!

Did that help :)?

MC Sweatshop
05-07-2006, 7:32 PM
I won't be near the FFL until a week from now. I HOPE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THAT THE DOJ DOESN'T LIST UNTIL THEN.

and they probably won't....

also, there's only one 'm' in coming.

m2hbvic
05-07-2006, 7:32 PM
Okay, just wanted to make sure about that. I've got a couple of good friends of mine that are kinda short on $$$ right now and might not be able to buy one ASAP, so I was thinking that I might be able to buy a couple of stripped lowers for them now, before they get listed, and do a PPT ASAP before they get on the list. Just wondered if I would be able to do a PPT during the 90 day registration just in case I didn't get them until right before they were listed and couldn't get my friends to the gun shop for the PPT until after they were listed.
Thanks,
Vic

bwiese
05-07-2006, 8:19 PM
I've got a couple of good friends of mine that are kinda short on $$$ right now and might not be able to buy one ASAP, so I was thinking that I might be able to buy a couple of stripped lowers for them now, before they get listed, and do a PPT ASAP before they get on the list. Just wondered if I would be able to do a PPT during the 90 day registration just in case I didn't get them until right before they were listed and couldn't get my friends to the gun shop for the PPT until after they were listed.

No PPTs etc during official 90 day period...

Once officially listed by make and model, and the 90 day reg period begins, they are indeed assault weapons and cannot be transferred (except moved/sold out of state, etc. etc.) You _cannot_ PPT these to someone else one the 90 day reg period begins, as AWs are not transferrable!

There's a reasonable chance - but not guaranteed! - a few days'/weeks' notice of itnent if and when a formal ban kicks in. This likely would assist the DOJ in an orderly procedure, and stop all sorts of 'gnashing teeth' phone calls from individuals and vendors from tying up staff time.

If the off-list receivers are DROSed before the 90 day window falls, they will go to the purchaser even if those given makes/models are declared as AWs during the 10 day waiting period. There's a bit of precedent, as this happened twice in 2000 (you could DROS up to 12/31/99, and pick up in Jan 2000; also, this happened in Aug 2000 as well after Kasler decision hit).

12voltguy
05-08-2006, 3:30 PM
I won't be near the FFL until a week from now. I HOPE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THAT THE DOJ DOESN'T LIST UNTIL THEN.

& there is only one "L" in "too late" if you don't get your lower in time, BaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:D

kenc9
05-08-2006, 3:39 PM

Not even God can help you!!! We're talking DOJ here!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

five.five-six
05-08-2006, 4:01 PM
& there is only one "L" in "too late" if you don't get your lower in time, BaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:D

I think you guys are just shills for ten percent tying to drum up business :D