PDA

View Full Version : FFL TO FFL TRANSFER

DEPUTYBILL
08-21-2010, 6:57 PM
I hope an FFL holder can clear this up for me. I am a peace officer in northern California. I have seen a firearm on an auction site in Southern California I want to buy.. I called the auction house(who has a FFL ) I asked if I was the winning bidder on the gun(model 27-2 smith & wesson) could I purchase the firearm and have my local FFL send them a copy of his license so they could send him the gun and then have my local FFL dros it to me. The guy I talked to said it was illegal for one Ca. FFL to send a non-roster,non C&R gun to another Ca. FFL. Is he right or full of s***?

halifax
08-21-2010, 7:06 PM
FOS

Capt_Communist
08-21-2010, 7:45 PM
So Full of poop I can smell it up here in Norcal

RHT447
08-21-2010, 8:14 PM
+1 F.O.S.

DEPUTYBILL, in case you haven't seen this:

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/exemptpo.php

tenpercentfirearms
08-21-2010, 8:54 PM
I hope an FFL holder can clear this up for me. I am a peace officer in northern California. I have seen a firearm on an auction site in Southern California I want to buy.. I called the auction house(who has a FFL ) I asked if I was the winning bidder on the gun(model 27-2 smith & wesson) could I purchase the firearm and have my local FFL send them a copy of his license so they could send him the gun and then have my local FFL dros it to me. The guy I talked to said it was illegal for one Ca. FFL to send a non-roster,non C&R gun to another Ca. FFL. Is he right or full of s***?

CA FFLs are completely exempt from the list. Period. I can buy and sell non-rostered handguns at will! Well I can buy them at will and have to sell them to someone exempt or out of state.

If it were illegal for FFLs to receive non-roster guns, then how in the heck did that guy get it?

Point the guy to this thread.

jtmkinsd
08-21-2010, 10:57 PM
CA FFLs are completely exempt from the list. Period. I can buy and sell non-rostered handguns at will! Well I can buy them at will and have to sell them to someone exempt or out of state.

If it were illegal for FFLs to receive non-roster guns, then how in the heck did that guy get it?

Point the guy to this thread.

And if they won't take our word for it tell him to call DOJ, they'll tell him.

DEPUTYBILL
08-22-2010, 8:13 AM
Thanks for al the positive reenforcement people! I thought there would not be a problem. I just have to talk to somebody at this place that knows the law (And be high bidder on the gun!!)